DESTINY ON PC

KrutoyEegrok

Why is this even a topic when they announced the game WOULD be coming out for PC but six months after the consoles.

You have a source for that? I have a brother who works for Bungie, and he knows I want the game to come to PC. I would have heard something if an announcement has been made. Unless it was made in the last day or two while he's been on vacation. But even then he would have heard about it from someone and told me about it.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

You have a source for that? I have a brother who works for Bungie, and he knows I want the game to come to PC. I would have heard something if an announcement has been made. Unless it was made in the last day or two while he's been on vacation. But even then he would have heard about it from someone and told me about it.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15265-destiny-indeed-coming-pc-release-date-leaked-steam-database-activision-says.html

That is not an announcement. There was a supposed leak of a release date via the STEAM database. Games being giving a release date by a retailer mean absolutely nothing until an official announcement is actually made. Duke Nukem Forever had multiple release dates and some people had it on preorder for over a decade before a game with that name was actually released. Even though the game was started and abandoned multiple times over the years. Also, that quick of a turn around for a game that they have been very much against making for PC, until recently, sounds a bit suspect. It's taking us entire year to get GTA V, but it appears Rockstar is doing things right and not just giving us a graphically limited console clone. I'd be worried about the quality if they get a PC version of Destiny out that fast.

Also, all of those statements from Bungie are from months ago, they may have repeated them more recently, but it's the same stance they've been taking since around E3. But it's still nothing more than speculation at this point. It's also funny how that source you provided lists the Destiny console release date as September 9th, 2013 at the bottom of the article. They may be working on a PC version right now, which means it's under a NDA. But once that NDA is lifted, if it exists, I'll be one of the first people to learn about it and will certainly make a post about.

Edit: Halo 3 exists in the STEAM DB too, does that mean Halo 3 has been officially announced to be released via STEAM?

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I know tons of people are hyped for this game. I have no idea why. It isn't Halo and there are a billion post-apocalyptic FPS. I can't find a single reason to care about it, and the gameplay footage I see...isn't compelling. I can just go get that kind of fun in a UT3 mod. I also never really understood the point of a looter shooter.

Now...CCP's Project Legion? I will keep an eye on that. It's Dust 514, but for the PC instead of consoles. I loved EVE (but after 4 years or so, finally burned out). I'm curious to see if CCP's vision will be terrible, or more compelling to play than Planetside/Dust was.

To be honest. I dont care about destiny. That game just does not have anything that would grasp my interest in it even the slightest.

Played the beta on PS3.  Fun concept, I liked Borderlands a lot and Destiny is very similar to it, with a serious tone.  Not as much loot though.  I'd say you get about 1/4th the loot as you would in Borderlands games.  And much like Borderlands, I ended up junking 90% of it anyways (at least you can junk it for currency without going to a vendor in Destiny).  Doesn't have the same crazy weapon charm as Borderlands, but I guess that's just the serious tone of the game.  This is just personal preference, but I had more fun in the first few hours of Borderlands 2 than I did in the beta for Destiny (which I assume is just the first few hours)

I will say that if I didn't have to deal with the narrow FOV (so annoying when enemies rush you, which they often do) or the controller (it's been over a decade since I last played a FPS with a controller), I would enjoy it a lot more.  I did like the score, and I thought the art direction was good.  One thing I did like was that the enemy AI seemed decent.  They would try to flank correctly and they'd take cover (and sometimes stay in cover) if I switched to a sniper and just pick them off.  Exploring the map in free mode was probably the most fun, especially when a major event happens and it takes a bunch of other players to complete it.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU