I hate it when people tell me I need a GPU in this rig.

district_11

People like to rant about PSU orientation when it makes no difference in the end. One think I would suggest is painting/putting black tape over/sleeving the front panel audio wires

I'd rather my power supply being supplied with filtered and relatively cool air.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Curious about the lack of hard drives, you're running only SSDs on the back tray or something? Maybe 3.5 to 5.25 adapter and we can't see it from that pic?

In any case, it looks clean but a little empty, perhaps a high end NIC or Raid card could help you?

Oh and the orientation of the PSU is fine, it gets fresh and filtered air from the front intake anyway since the CPU cooler looks like it's running on exhaust directly out the back so there's really only what the ram and mobo could generate which is what, 0.5C or less?

4tb hdd in a 5.25 bay

Seems like a good amount of money spend on a PC just for web browsing... unless the CPU is very low end...

BUT it's your money, don't get me wrong.

i5 4670k

Why do I get the impression that you just took the GPU out before taking the picture, claiming not to have one?

nope. the rig in my avi has sli 780's in it for gaming

Corsair C70 Black Windowed | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 1866Mhz | SLI GTX 780 Classified | Corsair AX860 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 2x2TB WD Green

Corsair 350D Windowed | Asus Gryphon Z87 | i5 4670k | Corsair H75 | Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4GB 1600Mhz | Corsair RM550 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 4TB WD Green.

Bitfenix Phenom ITX White | Asus Z97i-Plus | Pentium G3258 | Noctua NH-L9i | Kingston HyperX Fury White 2x4GB 1866Mhz | Silverstone Strider 550 | Crucial M.2 120GB SSD | 4x5TB WD Red. (work in progress)

That rig is awesome, what motherboard is that?

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

That rig is awesome, what motherboard is that?

Asus Gryphon with the thermal armour

Corsair C70 Black Windowed | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 1866Mhz | SLI GTX 780 Classified | Corsair AX860 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 2x2TB WD Green

Corsair 350D Windowed | Asus Gryphon Z87 | i5 4670k | Corsair H75 | Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4GB 1600Mhz | Corsair RM550 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 4TB WD Green.

Bitfenix Phenom ITX White | Asus Z97i-Plus | Pentium G3258 | Noctua NH-L9i | Kingston HyperX Fury White 2x4GB 1866Mhz | Silverstone Strider 550 | Crucial M.2 120GB SSD | 4x5TB WD Red. (work in progress)

I am sorry but computers can do a massive amount of thing beside surfing the web and playing games.

Software development, web development, research (including executing CPU based simulations), video/movie editing with software that don't use the GPU (many), audio recording and editing, server application, and more.

Doesn't mean that he doesn't play games, that he can't built a nice looking system.

All that is true, but does that really require watercooling?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I'd rather my power supply being supplied with filtered and relatively cool air.

Assuming your case is properly dust filtered then the air inside your case is filtered and it isn't going to affect your PSU temperatures any more than restricting its airflow by pointing it at the ground will.

Such an overkill PC for mere web browsing....
Nice clean look, but still overkill... Oh well, whatever floats your boat... and wallet.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Such an overkill PC for mere web browsing....

Nice clean look, but still overkill... Oh well, whatever floats your boat... and wallet.

You can do much, much more with this PC than just browse web.

I'd find something just to fill the space, like a sound card or something (anything), just to fill the space. Looks really clean though, great build.

You can do much, much more with this PC than just browse web.

That's true.

You can turn the PSU around and add a GPU.

Welcome to the roughnecks.

Personally I like it. On a modern CPU and stuff you probably don't need a GPU for video rendering. I do remember on an old Acer PC I had that I took to slowly turn into this gaming rig I have now. (nothing from that Acer PC now and that PC is now entirely put back together in its stock config, just needed a starting point) It really benefited from me throwing a 550Ti in there, but it also had some low to mid range AM2 processor in there from like 2007. So since it's for general use, I don't see this as a problem. The PSU seems fine to me cause in all honesty, I like the look of fans. I don't know why, but I like the industrial look it can give. Anyone here watch Bill Nye the Science Guy when it was on TV? Remember that big industrial fan that was in the background sometimes? I don't know why, but I love the look of that sort of thing. I'm actually planning on getting an XFX PSU myself to replace my white one I got just because it was cheap but good at the time. Just because I like the design.

And since this guy's getting plenty of airflow to his PSU from the front intake fans, not to mention it shouldn't be getting too hot anyway... it's fine.

I know they do that. But he specifically said the only thing he does on that is web browing.

You could say the same thing about people who buy expensive cars just to cruise around in a small town.

You should put a GPU in it. I WILL FIND YOU, STEAL THAT PC AND PUT A GPU IN IT MYSELF.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

the gpu thing is fine, for your use case.

the psu. I love you. I can't stand having the psu fan down, looking at the,ugly ass sticker, instead of the beautiful fan xD

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

A GPU isn't only for gaming. It can benefit rendering in most 2d/3d content creation programs like those of the Abode suite.

So long as you're happy, why should I complain? Isn't that the whole point of building our own PCs or am I just being daft?

If was me i would find the coolest looking black/yellow passive gpu and put it in there just for the looks  :P

290X Lightning??? and overclock for days 

Or paint a gainward phantom? I wonder It not passive but quite 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

or that I should turn my PSU around.

Just because you read it on the internet does not make it right.

It's not a gaming rig, so why add a GPU?

I know that feel, I got the same replies here when I posted my rig. It's a work rig where I use Illustrator and Indesign and PS. No, no, i dont need CUDA cores.

(to those who will argue PS uses gpu accel, thats only for filters and some renders, and for web interfaces it hardly makes any difference)

7d20de.jpg

I hate when I spend so much money making my rig look awesome that I can't afford a GPU for it.

joke... :)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Seriously, the color scheme of Sapphire's R9 290 Tri-X would fit in there well!