MSI direct audio or Steelseries usb amp dongle

full_force1986

Hi I am wondering if I should be running my headset through the usb dongle that came with my steelseries 9H or should I connect the direct audio power cable supplied with the motherboard and use the on-board rear connectors?

Motherboard is a MSI gaming 5 and headset is a steelseries 9H?

Thanks for your help.

CPU: 4690k - 4.5@1.29v  GPU: GTX 780ti - core +100 / Mem+350 Motherboard: Asus Z97-A  SSD: 256Gb 840 Evo HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB  RAM: Corsair Vengance Pro 2x4Gb  Case: White H440  PSU: RM850  Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60

try what he said ^^^  then report back to us and let us know what you think.  I have heard rumors that unless it is a really cheap usb implementation then the usb mic stuff sounds better than using the mobo's mic in.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

try what he said ^^^  then report back to us and let us know what you think.  I have heard rumors that unless it is a really cheap usb implementation then the usb mic stuff sounds better than using the mobo's mic in.

To revolutionary, need to base choice off opinions of others. 

Well I tried both and I think it sounds better from the usb thing.

I will just use the usb dongle and when I get a set of speakers ill use the rear panel for those.

CPU: 4690k - 4.5@1.29v  GPU: GTX 780ti - core +100 / Mem+350 Motherboard: Asus Z97-A  SSD: 256Gb 840 Evo HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB  RAM: Corsair Vengance Pro 2x4Gb  Case: White H440  PSU: RM850  Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60