Smallest (Width-wise) Cherry MX Brown Keyboard?

bchampion96

Hi Guys, 

On the hunt for a keyboard, available in the UK that is smaller in width than a typical tenkeyless keyboard. Looking at a new desk with a keyboard drawer, and I'm looking to save all the space I can.

Thanks for your help

bchampion96

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

I'd get a Poker 2, here it is in a UK layout: http://www.amazon.co.uk/KBT-Poker-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlight/dp/B00GERK25G

edit: there's also a slightly longer one, the KBT Pure Pro: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A2LLJ0W/

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Poker 2 or Leopold FC660M, or you could make your own 40% keyboard

Thanks! That leopold looks great! Especially that it includes the delete key, which is all I need from the right side of my keyboard :P

I'd get a Poker 2, here it is in a UK layout: http://www.amazon.co.uk/KBT-Poker-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlight/dp/B00GERK25G

edit: there's also a slightly longer one, the KBT Pure Pro: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A2LLJ0W/

Nice calls! Good to have a backlight as an option. I;ve always wanted a backlit keyboard :)

Huh, this reminds me of something my art teacher said. He has a friend who uses a type of keyboard that works kind of like Morse code where different patterns and different inputs creates different letters, numbers, etc. that a normal keyboard would do with individual keys. I have no idea what it's called, but I think it looks like a numpad. It might be called a chorded keyboard. Anyway, once you remember the commands, apparently it's as fast or even faster than normal keyboards.

This is a chorded keyboard.

KBFrogpad.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

-snip- 

Generally it's what stenographers use.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Generally it's what stenographers use.

Okay... Wait... That means I sorta know a spy!  :lol:

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Okay... Wait... That means I sorta know a spy!  :lol:

Stenographers write down everything that is said in court...

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Stenographers write down everything that is said in court...

I know. Geez, why can't I have fun?  <_<

I know. Geez, why can't I have fun?  <_<

I didn't get your joke.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I didn't get your joke.

You can use shorthand to make quick notes and pass it on to another spy. Quick notes and stuff.

You can use shorthand to make quick notes and pass it on to another spy. Quick notes and stuff.

That was a bit subtle...

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

This mane: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/tex-yoda

'tis where it's at

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Www. Mechanicalkeyboards .com

Well that's useful

You missed my sarcasm. But thanks for that link! I completely forgot about the ducky mini! :)

Sarcasm? why? some good ideas for reference on that site.

im not from the UK so i dont know whats available there

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&switch_id=ALL&size=Other&man=ALL&key_plastic=ALL&interface=ALL&cord_length=ALL&usb_kro=ALL&ps2_kro=ALL&x=35&y=15

Sarcasm? why? some good ideas for reference on that site.

im not from the UK so i dont know whats available there

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&switch_id=ALL&size=Other&man=ALL&key_plastic=ALL&interface=ALL&cord_length=ALL&usb_kro=ALL&ps2_kro=ALL&x=35&y=15

The ducky mini is available with blues from overclockers UK. Hopefully they'll get one with browns in!

Is that just all the parts sold ina kit and you hove to assemble it yourself?

Any self respecting nerd can use a soldering iron and read an instruction manual.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Any self respecting nerd can use a soldering iron and read an instruction manual.

Guess I'm not a self respecting nerd then.

EDIT: Also, I wasn't asking because of my ineptitude with a soldering iron, I just wasn't sure how that drop worked.

Guess I'm not a self respecting nerd then.

EDIT: Also, I wasn't asking because of my ineptitude with a soldering iron, I just wasn't sure how that drop worked.

There's this thing called reading

This keyboard is a kit, it arrives unassembled and you will require a soldering iron to complete construction. Please consult this build guide for instructions on how to make your keyboard.

^That's above the fold too

There's this thing called reading

^That's above the fold too

Stop being a smart ass when you can't read either. If you bothered to look, maybe considering OP lives in UK he needs an ISO layout kb, and that the massdrop doesn't give a ISO plate, you should probably reconsider what you're trying to suggest.

Review the Ducky Mini whenever you get it! I haven't payed attention to any Mini reviews.