How do I get a kill coil into this reservoir?

I bought myself an alphacool dual bay reservoir. It can be seen here: Alphacool Repack Dual 5.25" Drive Bay Reservoir for One Laing D5 Pump : 15171

http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D4WO0XY

My problem is that I have since purchased a kill coil and I would like to put it into the reservoir. There is no clear way to do so. As you can see the Font fill port does not allow a direct line into the reservoir. Whilst I could probably stretch out the kill coil and get it into the reservoir, I doubt I would ever be out to get it back out again.

Suggestions please

post-72122-0-21787900-1405597218_thumb.j

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

soory i only bring more questions buts whats a kill coil for? ive seen it and heared about it now a few times.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

soory i only bring more questions buts whats a kill coil for? ive seen it and heared about it now a few times.

It's from killing bacteria and algae. I wanted to use this instead of a drops.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

It's from killing bacteria and algae. I wanted to use this instead of a drops.

ohh ok i get it, thanks. as for your problem saidly ive no expirience and cant help

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

*snip*

Does your res have more fill ports  that are simply plugged at the moment. You could get a Monsoon silver res plug and use it instead of one of the plugs. Make sure it's someplace where it's in constant contact with liquid tho. May I ask why you don't want to use a liquid biocide additive? 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Why can you just put it in by using the g1/4 port on the back.

Why can you just put it in by using the g1/4 port on the back.

Nope. Outlet is filtered with a plastic mash, and inlet goes directly to pump. No other ports. Jayztwocents suggested on twitter that I coil it and place it in a vertical pipe, say res to top rad. So it fall into anything due to filter and shouldn't move into rad due to gravity, but not sure I like this idea.

Does your res have more fill ports  that are simply plugged at the moment. You could get a Monsoon silver res plug and use it instead of one of the plugs. Make sure it's someplace where it's in constant contact with liquid tho. May I ask why you don't want to use a liquid biocide additive?

Could this not be used on any 1/4" thread area such as spare port on a radiator?

Spoiler

Nope. Outlet is filtered with a plastic mash, and inlet goes directly to pump. No other ports. Jayztwocents suggested on twitter that I coil it and place it in a vertical pipe, say res to top rad. So it fall into anything due to filter and shouldn't move into rad due to gravity, but not sure I like this idea.

Could this not be used on any 1/4" thread area such as spare port on a radiator?

You can get something like this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15161/ex-tub-1154/Alphacool_G14_High_Flow_Y_Connector_45_-_Chrome.html?tl=g30c101s744

Plug one end of the Y with a Monsoon Silver Plug and continue your loop from there.

You can also accomplish the same with a T-line or T-block.

Yeah  anywhere where it's in constant contact with the liquid in your loop.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Yeah  anywhere where it's in constant contact with the liquid in your loop.

Thanks I'll bare it mind. Have purchased some biocide for the time being. Maybe down the line I'll buy one. Planning on adding another 120mm rad at some point anyway.

Spoiler