Sell me on Star Citizen

cluelessgenius

who the fuck reporting that? does someone have to choose reporter as class or something :D? no seriously it sounds awesome but also a little to good to be true.

Came from Chris Roberts mouth, you think how many people are on YouTube and stream now they're will be plenty of footage

So basically if you back at the $40 dollar level you get the best of both worlds. At the very least you get a fun dog-fighting game in space now with improvements on the way. If you are an optimist then you get the best damn space game ever. If you have any interest in a beautiful space game with dogfighting and a single player RPG get the 40 dollar game. Otherwise wait. 

Why everyone is excited for this I'll never know..

Even from the standpoint of a completed game, I had major doubts a space dogfighting game would have done well.

I'm not that excited for it I've dropped 100 euro into it and don't tend to think about it until I see something new.

I backed it because I believe its a game I will enjoy a 100 quid is about the norm for a collector edition anyway.

I don't understand  folks who have dropped 500+ into this game though.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I'm not that excited for it I've dropped 100 euro into it and don't tend to think about it until I see something new.

I backed it because I believe its a game I will enjoy a 100 quid is about the norm for a collector edition anyway.

I don't understand folks who have dropped 500+ into this game though.

I did the math, I'm up to Around 1050 T_T I thought I was around 500 but I guess not lol huehuehue.

No regrets. Nothing better to spend it on anyway, and If the game is blockbuster then I'm happy and I'll cry if it falls flat. :(

I did the math, I'm up to Around 1050 T_T I thought I was around 500 but I guess not lol huehuehue.

No regrets. Nothing better to spend it on anyway, and If the game is blockbuster then I'm happy and I'll cry if it falls flat. :(

soo... i heard you like spending money like it is nothing... mind giving me 1000 bucks for this awesome game i may or may not gonna produce? its gonna be awesome with alot of tits and lazors and all the graphics i cant find. actually i would probably spend that much too if i had like 10k lying around each month but since im a few years away from that im just yelly of you financial status. if your not rich i would say spending this much is plain stupid.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

soo... i heard you like spending money like it is nothing... mind giving me 1000 bucks for this awesome game i may or may not gonna produce? its gonna be awesome with alot of tits and lazors and all the graphics i cant find. actually i would probably spend that much too if i had like 10k lying around each month but since im a few years away from that im just yelly of you financial status. if your not rich i would say spending this much is plain stupid.

There's of course some truth to that but because of the complexity of the game it attracts some older-than-usual gamers too. For some of them spending 500 or more bucks on a game is not ruining. It's nothing to be jealous or angry about.

If you think a big complicated simulated universe might be a good fun to you, just grab the best package you can afford and hope for the best. For us, checking the forums and dev blogs and websites as the game gets produced is as much fun as the game itself. Being a part of the biggest crowdfunding experiment is something exciting and worth the money.

The risk that it may not live up to our expectations is a part of the gamble. Choose or loose :) 

There's of course some truth to that but because of the complexity of the game it attracts some older-than-usual gamers too. For some of them spending 500 or more bucks on a game is not ruining. It's nothing to be jealous or angry about.

If you think a big complicated simulated universe might be a good fun to you, just grab the best package you can afford and hope for the best. For us, checking the forums and dev blogs and websites as the game gets produced is as much fun as the game itself. Being a part of the biggest crowdfunding experiment is something exciting and worth the money.

The risk that it may not live up to our expectations is a part of the gamble. Choose or loose :)

well seeing as i have been let down by a lot of games that were supposd to be finished lately im just sceptical about spending money on something that may not even make the market.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Well said.

Yeah im an old fox (not that old) Yeah i have played Chris Roberts older Games so at least i have a Gist of what to expect and Yes it´s like a gamble,! +1 for that mate!

I´v done my homework on the game and now im just waiting for stuff to happen, test some shit and report bugs and whatnot.

We have given enough information to you to inform you what the game is about. Have you read any of it? check the website linked?

And no i don't think i can call myself "rich", i didnt drop 1000 in one day mind you. 

There is no reason for you to buy a ship now, and considering your "clueless" i advice not to, Just wait till its done, Judge it then and done.

Long story short: Ignore the game or read up then come back next year. For your own sake.

To put this very basically Star Citizen is a game currently in development, yes at the moment it is limited to only the hangar and Dogfighting modules however this will be increasing as the development continues. The game is massively backed by the community to the sum of over 48 mill and counting and does not follow in the traditional publisher model eg no EA woo hoo! it does have its issues and it does have things I would have tried to do differently but meh.

If you buy in now you are setting yourself up for a lot of bugs a shit tonne of crashes a lack of features (until they are added), unless you like this type of thing don't buy it. As you have missed the alpha cutoff you will also need to buy into the different modules should you wish to play them so well... there is that.

My advice is to sit and wait for a bit more to come out, and reassess the game, watch some videos read some info and hang around in here. It is not for everyone! You might like it and not play anything else or you might hate it or not understand it like others who keep popping up in these threads. 

Now as for me I have put in £100ish I would spend this on a game like BF4 with all the dlc's anyway and I don't buy many games so well it works for me and I kind of like testing things. Besides I saw the Freelancer and just knew I needed one :D

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Pew pew, flying, excitement!

I'm sold.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Looks amazing but the confusing pricing is what is killing it for me, I have no idea how to buy it and what the hell to buy.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Looks amazing but the confusing pricing is what is killing it for me, I have no idea how to buy it and what the hell to buy.

First thing you need to buy is the game package. This contains the ship of your choice, the game itself and a character slot. It's all you'll need to play the game when it launches.

Don't buy separate ships before you have a package - you will not be able to play or see them without it.

Also if you want to play in the alpha stage (the arena commander) you'll have to get a arena commander pass. That's because the alpha slots supplied with the game packages got sold out. Now you have to pay those additional couple of bucks to get the pass.

I can't give you the exact links where to get the package as the RSI website is blocked in my office :) Maybe someone can add the link to the single ship packages subpage?

Cheers everyone.

And no i don't think i can call myself "rich", i didnt drop 1000 in one day mind you.

I hate people who assume your rich because you can drop a ton of money over time.

I've got a house in France and people think I'm rich because of it. In reality it costs me £100 a month for the next 30 years. Bearing in mind its bigger than my flat I live in which will cost me £600 for the next 20 years I'm not rich.

I dunno I just find it rude.

I hate people who assume your rich because you can drop a ton of money over time.

I've got a house in France and people think I'm rich because of it. In reality it costs me £100 a month for the next 30 years. Bearing in mind its bigger than my flat I live in which will cost me £600 for the next 20 years I'm not rich.

I dunno I just find it rude.

kids you know, boys especially. Always rude ;p but I agree, it's rude.

kids you know, boys especially. Always rude ;p but I agree, it's rude.

They need to learn to respect there elders.

NEVER thought I'd say that.

They need to learn to respect there elders.

NEVER thought I'd say that.

*Shakes stick* Get off my lawn!

Now back to the scheduled broadcast of imaginary spaceships in the land of Star Citizen!

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

I am older than the Universe itself,

The persistent universe that is :P 

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

Pew pew, flying, excitement!

LOOOOL

Yo soy el hombre murciélago

i basicly know nothing about the game but see people mention it all over the place so why dont you go ahead and explain to me what it is what makes it special and why should i get into it. also how would that work if i wnated to be part fo it.

star citzen fans, go nuts. im ready to have my mind blown.

RTX2070OC 

i basicly know nothing about the game but see people mention it all over the place so why dont you go ahead and explain to me what it is what makes it special and why should i get into it. also how would that work if i wnated to be part fo it.

star citzen fans, go nuts. im ready to have my mind blown.

Well right now it is really nothing.  It is a game in PRE-ALPHA that you can pay money for to support the leas game developer himself.  I think the thing about the game that has people the most excited is the persistence of the universe (so it makes it feel like your actions matter), the great variety in ways you can play, and the great variety of ship design.  There is also the way that this is a space game more than just a game set in space.  Also, DEM GRAPHICS #PCMASTERRACE

I am excited to see what this game becomes, I haven't pre-ordered or anything, I am not that sold, but it looks like a kind of game where you can sink hours and hours into it and still see new things, play new ways, and with new people.

I'm 27 but having 2 kids I feel like I'm 54

Same thing here. After the second kid, things are never the same again :)