Diffrence between motheboards (Asrock,Asus,MSI,Gigabyte)

Hi guys, David here I noticed everyone has almost the very same question about every single motherboard.

Will it overclock and what's the diffrence?

First off any "Z series" boards will overclock, the quesion is how extreme are you willing ot go to OC your CPU, Some people oc it by air and water but there are those that go to the extremes to overclock thru LN2 aka liquid nitrogen. But I remember my dad telling me overclocking a CPU also depends on your luck of the draw. Some CPUs overclock better then others.

Well I think I'll try to explain the funtions of each brand types.... boy this is gonna be a long topic lol

I'm gonna start off with "Asrock".

First off from what i know from my knowledge Asrock has 3 skews for their boards (Fatal1ty gaming,Home theater.standard). The

The Gaming series board will usually support overclocking and multiple GPUs and dedicated wth ethernet nic, and lots of extras and "bling" like most higher end boards like their "Gaming Armour","Key Master"and "Purity Sound".

"Gaming Armour" which gives you better connectors and longer lifespans for your connectors

"Key Master" gives you hardware implimentation to give you a sniper scope

"Purity Sound" their so called better sound connectors.

Asrock Pro series is the name they use for their home theater skew which have improved sound system and intigrathed grapics build in and easy setup bios

and last but not least their standard series which is more for standard users on a budget.thise  series usually don't support SLI or overclocked Ram

Asus

Asus also ha 3 skews in their board series they are (ROG,TUF and the deluxe).

ROG aka the Maximus series built for gamers, Their ROG series usally come with a dedicated  ethernet nic, supreme FX sound and  sound sonar. In my opinion I  think the ROG series is overpriced.

"Supreme FX Sound " Asus own brand of sound cards and software  for better sound for your gaming system.

"Sound Sonar" a special software that Asus created for gaming, just like the underwater sonar that submarines use to detect movements via sounds the sound sonar detects movement in your game. Sadly the sound sonar  is banned in first person shooter games in contest.

"The TUF Series" This series of board go thru hell... well that's what Asus says and they are willing to back the boards up for 5 years, Thes Asus  TUF series usually has 2 boards in this skew "The Sabertooth " and "The Gryphon", They come in standard ATX (sabertooth) and mATX (gryphon) and have gone thru a butt load of test to prove that it's truly "TUF"

"The Dulexue" Series is more for the home use where the balance of gaming and work in play with plenty of Sata ports and overclockable come in use for normal users. Asus like to add softwares in their dulexue series to make it easier fo people who  want to have total control of their system.

MSI

MSI also has 3 skews but one of them is more for the enthusiastic overclocker they are (M Power,Gaming and the standard), MSI  has a well built series of boards at a reasonable price range that really attract the masses.

M Power is a series of boards that is build for enthusiastic users that want to test out their skills on overclocking everything on the board.(Ram,CPU,GPU). It comes in Black and Yellow and build mostly in the ATX form factor, Ater watching  some of the LAN players i've met they really go out of the way to build the system with custom water cooling and alot of blingto push the system to the max.

MSI Gaming Series, build for gaming and sold at reasnable pricing it comes with the usual stuff,multiple GPU,sound booster,overclockable ram and overclockable software built in. MSI gaming series's logo is a shield with a dragon emblem making it epic looking and came in the colour of Red and Black. MSI Gaming also has their own like of GPUs to match the boards

Last and not least the MSI standard class with military class components, build for normal users with a budget it still provides plenty for the users. Altho most of the boards are not able to SLI some of the boards still provide XFire up to 3way and al a budget price.

Gigabyte

Gigabyte has 2 series of boards the Ultra durable and the GAX Gaming series which is pretty reasonably priced with pleny of add ons.

The Ultra Durable series of boards from Gigabyte are their main line of board that have plenty of add ons and they are willing to back up the boards for a 5 year lifespan and from what I know gigabyte's ultra durable and GAX series are the only boards that provide the intel and killer nic or dual killer nic ethernet ports on their boards.

Gigabyte's GAX Gaming seires build for gaming and of late the GAX seires launched their GAX Black series where like Asus's TUF series have gone thru HELL and back, along with their board it comes with a certificate the proves the board's top quality  and up to par. Their GAX series comes in all forms but for the black series they only come in ATX and mATX.

Well after all that typing I hope this post will help you decide on what board is right for you and what is more into your budget. Have fun all :D

Boy, there's a good amount wrong with this, I just don't have the time...

ACS Systems - Jason Neal

My "Danger Den" PC: i7-4960x @ 4.5Ghz, ASUS X79 Deluxe, 3x GTX Titan Black, 6x m4 512GB, 64GB Corsair DDR3-2400, Corsair AX1500i

Black Beauty Workstation/LAN PC: i5-4570 @ 3.79 GHz, ASRock Z87E-ITX, XFX Double D R9-280 (Non-X), GSkill 8GB DDR3-2400

Hi guys, David here I noticed everyone has almost the very same question about every single motherboard.

Will it overclock and what's the diffrence?

First off any "Z series" boards will overclock, the quesion is how extreme are you willing ot go to OC your CPU, Some people oc it by air and water but there are those that go to the extremes to overclock thru LN2 aka as liquid nitrogen. But I remember my dad telling me overclocking a CPU also depends on your luck of the draw. Some CPUs overclock better then others.

Well I think I'll try to explain the funtions of each brand types.... boy this is gonna be a long topic lol

I'm gonna start off with "Asrock".

First off from what i know from my knowledge Asrock has 3 skews for their boards (Fatal1ty gaming,Home theater.standard). The

The Gaming series board will usually support overclocking and multiple GPUs and dedicated wth ethernet nic, and lots of extras and "bling" like most higher end boards like their "Gaming Armour","Key Master"and "Purity Sound".

"Gaming Armour" which gives you better connectors and longer lifespans for your connectors

"Key Master" gives you hardware implimentation to give you a sniper scope

"Purity Sound" their so called better sound connectors.

Asrock Pro series is the name they use for their home theater skew which have improved sound system and intigrathed grapics build in and easy setup bios

and last but not least their standard series which is more for standard users on a budget.thise  series usually don't support SLI or overclocked Ram

Asus

Asus also ha 3 skews in their board series they are (ROG,TUF and the deluxe).

ROG aka the Maximus series built for gamers, Their ROG series usally come with a dedicated  ethernet nic, supreme FX sound and  sound sonar. In my opinion I  think the ROG series is overpriced.

"Supreme FX Sound " Asus own brand of sound cards and software  for better sound for your gaming system.

"Sound Sonar" a special software that Asus created for gaming, just like the underwater sonar that submarines use to detect movements via sounds the sound sonar detects movement in your game. Sadly the sound sonar  is banned in first person shooter games in contest.

"The TUF Series" This series of board go thru hell... well that's what Asus says and they are willing to back the boards up for 5 years, Thes Asus  TUF series usually has 2 boards in this skew "The Sabertooth " and "The Gryphon", They come in standard ATX (sabertooth) and mATX (gryphon) and have gone thru a butt load of test to prove that it's truly "TUF"

"The Dulexue" Series is more for the home use where the balance of gaming and work in play with plenty of Sata ports and overclockable come in use for normal users. Asus like to add softwares in their dulexue series to make it easier fo people who  want to have total control of their system.

MSI

MSI also has 3 skews but one of them is more for the enthusiastic overclocker they are (M Power,Gaming and the standard), MSI  has a well built series of boards at a reasonable price range that really attract the masses.

M Power is a series of boards that is build for enthusiastic users that want to test out their skills on overclocking everything on the board.(Ram,CPU,GPU). It comes in Black and Yellow and build mostly in the ATX form factor, Ater watching  some of the LAN players i've met they really go out of the way to build the system with custom water cooling and alot of blingto push the system to the max.

MSI Gaming Series, build for gaming and sold at reasnable pricing it comes with the usual stuff,multiple GPU,sound booster,overclockable ram and overclockable software built in. MSI gaming series's logo is a shield with a dragon emblem making it epic looking and came in the colour of Red and Black. MSI Gaming also has their own like of GPUs to match the boards

Last and not least the MSI standard class with military class components, build for normal users with a budget it still provides plenty for the users. Altho most of the boards are not able to SLI some of the boards still provide XFire up to 3way and al a budget price.

Gigabyte

Gigabyte has 2 series of boards the Ultra durable and the GAX Gaming series which is pretty reasonably priced with pleny of add ons.

The Ultra Durable series of boards from Gigabyte are their main line of board that have plenty of add ons and they are willing to back up the boards for a 5 year lifespan and from what I know gigabyte's ultra durable and GAX series are the only boards that provide the intel and killer nic or dual killer nic ethernet ports on their boards.

Gigabyte's GAX Gaming seires build for gaming and of late the GAX seires launched their GAX Black series where like Asus's TUF series have gone thru HELL and back, along with their board it comes with a certificate the proves the board's top quality  and up to par. Their GAX series comes in all forms but for the black series they only come in ATX and mATX.

Well after all that typing I hope this post will help you decide on what board is right for you and what is more into your budget. Have fun all :D

Do some more homework on a subject before attempting a guide, I'm sorry maybe after fixing it up it might be helpful, for now it is COMPLETELY wrong. 

Boy, there's a good amount wrong with this, I just don't have the time...

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Do some more homework on a subject before attempting a guide, I'm sorry maybe after fixing it up it might be helpful, for now it is COMPLETELY wrong. 

that's why i said as of my knowledge i only put in what i know if you know what i put in is wrong please do advice

thank you :)

Pro series from Asrock is not Home theatre..

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Not to be an asshat or anything but a little more research needs to be done before trying to tackle this topic...

You also missed out the OC Formula & Professional from ASRock that holds the 4790K frequency record :P

And basically all X79 boards :(

Enough said

Lol

Enough said

aka " also known as"  I used the aka to talk about the ROG " republic of gamers" series is the maximus series who else uses the ROG logo  other then Asus and as JJ said the ROG series was build by gamers for gamers

aka " also known as"  I used the aka to talk about the ROG " republic of gamers" series is the maximus series who else uses the ROG logo  other then Asusad as JJ said the ROG series was build by gamers for gamers

He was pointing out that you said "AKA as" therefore saying "also known as as". 

Bold font :(

Not to be an asshat or anything but a little more research needs to be done before trying to tackle this topic...

You also missed out the OC Formula & Professional from ASRock that holds the 4790K frequency record :P

And basically all X79 boards :(

Lol

they don't sell them in singapore so i haven't seen those boards i only posted about boards i have touched os\r seen with my own eyes

sad to say the range of Asrock boards are very limited to singapore

He was pointing out that you said "AKA as" therefore saying "also known as as". 

Bold font :(

oh ok thank you i've change it

Pro series from Asrock is not Home theatre..

when i ask the shopkeeper he explained to me in this manner, quote" most of the time ppl buy asrock not for gaming they usually get the pro for building a work from home and entertainment system with blu ray players"

+ after having biostar and asrocks mobos catch fire I never want to touch them lol

now almost every build i do for my classmates i get MSI or gigabyte

aka " also known as"  I used the aka to talk about the ROG " republic of gamers" series is the maximus series who else uses the ROG logo  other then Asus and as JJ said the ROG series was build by gamers for gamers

Yea, and you said "aka as". Also known as as?

when i ask the shopkeeper he explained to me in this manner, quote" most of the time ppl buy asrock not for gaming they usually get the pro for building a work from home and entertainment system with blu ray players"

+ after having biostar and asrocks mobos catch fire I never want to touch them lol

now almost every build i do for my classmates i get MSI or gigabyte

That is because you're looking at brands instead of what's really important. What you should be looking out for is how many power phases the motherboard has to determine how overclockable it is. A motherboard with 4+1 phases won't overclock as well as one with 8 phases or more.. (the higher the amount of power phases the more stable the voltage and the less heat is transmitted) http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Everything-You-Need-to-Know-About-The-Motherboard-Voltage-Regulator-Circuit/616/4 this should help explain it a little Though the topic is old it is still relevant.

Also note that gigabyte is made in the same factory as foxconn. just an FYI thing, also thinking one brand is better than another is a total bull story. One board may be better than the next, but all of these companies have their fair share of crappy boards vs great boards. The sales gimmicks you listed are something explain on the motherboard boxing and on the manufacturer website as well and are mostly just sales pitches and don't do anything relevant. The only thing people should care about are having solid capacitors, a fair amount of power phases (if they want to overclock) and the relevant chipset for overclocking (like a Z - series intel board)

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

That is because you're looking at brands instead of what's really important. What you should be looking out for is how many power phases the motherboard has to determine how overclockable it is. A motherboard with 4+1 phases won't overclock as well as one with 8 phases or more.. (the higher the amount of power phases the more stable the voltage and the less heat is transmitted) http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Everything-You-Need-to-Know-About-The-Motherboard-Voltage-Regulator-Circuit/616/4 this should help explain it a little Though the topic is old it is still relevant.

Also note that gigabyte is made in the same factory as foxconn. just an FYI thing, also thinking one brand is better than another is a total bull story. One board may be better than the next, but all of these companies have their fair share of crappy boards vs great boards. The sales gimmicks you listed are something explain on the motherboard boxing and on the manufacturer website as well and are mostly just sales pitches and don't do anything relevant. The only thing people should care about are having solid capacitors, a fair amount of power phases (if they want to overclock) and the relevant chipset for overclocking (like a Z - series intel board)

amd that's why i rarely buy Asus, and thanks on the link i can learn something new :)