High-tech cat feeder uses facial recognition to save all nine lives

Dietrichw

Source

Source2

bistro.jpg

bistro2.jpg

Our four-legged friends have a habit of not eating when something ails them. However, if you're at work all day, you may not pick up on the lack of appetite until it's too late. Well, there's a smart cat feeder with built-in facial recognition that's looking to lend a hand. Bistro is a high-tech feline food and water hub with sensors that monitor consumption. There's the requisite camera to distinguish between members of your in-home pack and the furry creatures stand on a scale that measures their weight while eating. All of the collected data is beamed to a smartphone app to keep you abreast of the activity while you're away for your "quantified cat." Heck, you can even watch your pets feast, should you choose to do so. If you're looking to snag one, act quickly to nab a Bistro for $149 instead of the full $249 price it'll carry when it launches in March.

The video is painful to watch

http://youtu.be/Wiy8DRIuh9U

This will help the world greatly.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Honestly, I was expecting the price tag to be mind-numbingly absurd, was not as crazy as I thought it would be :P

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I was going to post it  :(

and was also going to recommend this to Linus 

I was too late!!!!

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I was going to post it  :(

and was also going to recommend this to Linus 

I was too late!!!!

LOL

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Or.... I can feed my pets myself.... 

I like feeding and petting them ya know? 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

This would be great for stopping the neighbour's cat from stealing all our cat's biscuits.

When I see half of the new posts are from you.

He can post all the news posts he wants as long as he keeps them night-theme friendly.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro