Google Glass? How do you feel about it.

sperkowsky

or what about something like galaxy gear you could record with that as discretly as you could with glass actually probally even more descretly 

I don't like the Galaxy Gear either.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I understand it's purpose. Honestly, your view that half paying attention to someone is acceptable and not rude is a huge part of the problem.

It's socially unacceptable and quite rude.

Sadly I'm not surprised someone your age finds it an all right practice.

well what do you think is better being fully indulged in your phone or half paying attention to your device and half attention to a person. Obviously neither is the best but its an improvement I guess. To the last statement your probally somewhat right we are in a generation where you talk to your friends on facetime more than actually face to face

well what do you think is better being fully indulged in your phone or half paying attention to your device and half attention to a person. Obviously neither is the best but its an improvement I guess. To the last statement your probally somewhat right we are in a generation where you talk to your friends on facetime more than actually face to face

If you're looking at your phone nobody expects you to be paying attention. Looking at your face, they do. That's why Glass is obnoxious.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Haha, no. It's really not an improvement at all. It shouldn't even be an issue to be honest.

Not really, but I've fired quite a few people who just can't seem to keep off their phones at work.

Going home everyone's staring at a screen.

It's pretty sad, really.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Haha, no. It's really not an improvement at all. It shouldn't even be an issue to be honest.

Not really, but I've fired quite a few people who just can't seem to keep off their phones at work.

Going home everyone's staring at a screen.

It's pretty sad, really.

is it too much to ask what kind of business you own I am interested now. But yeah its weird actually I am one of those people who is on their phone constantly. I went to sleep away camp for 2 weeks and was able to live fine without even missing it but as soon as I got it back I returned to being on it constantly. 

Ya carry a camera on ur head at all times, gg NSA

My point.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

NSA: Hey apple get finger prints for us

Apple: No prob *5s! Fingerprint feature!*

NSA:Google help us track people and see there every move

Google: Google Glass is great!Built in camera!

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

NSA: Hey apple get finger prints for us

Apple: No prob *5s! Fingerprint feature!*

Not physically possible...do you understand the secure enclave?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Not physically possible...do you understand the secure enclave?

do you understand that Police can make you open the phone if you use the fingerprint feature? But if its memory they cant?

do you understand that Police can make you open the phone if you use the fingerprint feature? But if its memory they cant?

well thats only with a search warrant and if you have a warrant its a good thing the police can access your phone to the safety of public

They can arrest you if you don't give them the password and plus it's very easily hacked.

However you did dodge my point and switch to the police.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

They can arrest you if you don't give them the password and plus it's very easily hacked.

However you did dodge my point and switch to the police.

Your point is valid, but i wouldnt be surprised if they looked anyway, they already break lots of laws.

Were getting off topic, point is that its basically a kinect that follows you around.

I see where that wouldnt be too comforting but the same could be said if someone walked in to bathroom holding up their phone if someone is wierd enough to tape people in a bathroom they are wierd enough to do it right with their phone imo

yeah, but then if they are wearing google glass, its a wearable.  Its always on your face and so it could be recording at any time, people who walk into bathrooms dont take out their phones really.  However Google glass is glasses, esspecially if Google makes prescription Google glass then it will be impossible for people to take them off or they cant see properly. 

Your point is valid, but i wouldnt be surprised if they looked anyway, they already break lots of laws.

No, as in the way secure enclave is implemented makes it impossible.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

yeah, but then if they are wearing google glass, its a wearable.  Its always on your face and so it could be recording at any time, people who walk into bathrooms dont take out their phones really.  However Google glass is glasses, esspecially if Google makes prescription Google glass then it will be impossible for people to take them off or they cant see properly. 

there are already perscription google glasses so yes point taken

The HUD idea is okay, but I am not to enthused about it. plus the unit looks kind of crappy. I know im knocking it without trying it, but then again with the way some people would use it. I only see the invasive point of the topic. Now if they could set up something that would basically say "SCREW YOU GLASSHOLE" and negate their signal or the use of photographic optics in reference to someone who has said accessory then fine. But seeing as that would require a range greater than the optics on the glass. Seems a bit out of the way.

No, as in the way secure enclave is implemented makes it impossible.

It makes it impossible for people to acsess it?

It makes it impossible for people to acsess it?

No, only the specific hardware can, and it's not wirelessly connected.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

the ignorance in that statement is to the point of ridiculousness

But it's the truth...

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /