Do you like it hot?

Pentium4Life

Do you like having hardware that produces allot of heat, yes or no?

"Believe in yourself. Cuz that's the way to start." 

God no. It's terrible for longevity and it heats up the room. It can make your parts throttle too.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Meh unless its 80c + then i like my room to be warm so i have an excuse for using my fan

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

nope. i like it cool  B)

| CPU: intel i7 3820 OC to 4GHZ with H100i cooling | Case: Enthoo Evolv ATX glass | Mobo: Asus P9X79 Socket-2011 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

| PSU: Silver power 750w plus silver | SSD: OCZ Agility 3, 240GB / Toshiba 500GB | Monitors: Dell U2713HM, Acer Predator 27" | Headset: Sennheiser HD650| Soundcard: Xonar Essence STX

We have a bathtub in my house. It gets pretty hot.  B)

I should be studying.

I have an ultrabook, so that makes no difference to the room temperature. But I hate gaming in a warm environment, my poor little laptop gets so warm then...:(

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

My heater is broken so I end up wearing long pants and a hoodie.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Heck no, Singapore is hot enough as it is

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

actually in winter i like how gaming keeps the room warm but in summer i often turn on the big fan and hate how hot the room gets right now its kinda bareable but when outside temperatures hit 30C my system and i die gasping for air

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

actually in winter i like how gaming keeps the room warm but in summer i often turn on the big fan and hate how hot the room gets right now its kinda bareable but when outside temperatures hit 30C my system and i die gasping for air

And I'm at the point where 30C feels cold. COLD FFS.

God no. It's terrible for longevity and it heats up the room. It can make your parts throttle too.

There's nothing worse than having your parts throttled.

And I'm at the point where 30C feels cold. COLD FFS.

well i live in germany and was born in russia so i often say it better be 2 degrees too cold than to hot. i gues my biggest problem is not even the temperature its the air not beeing breathable. i like the cold because the air is soo fresh and i can really concentrate but when its summer and theres no wind whatsoever the air just sits there heating you up like an old boritto and just breathing feels like a workout already then there my limit. 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I like my parts hot if that means they've got great performance. But not hot enough to damage them. Otherwise, I gotta have it cool in the room. I can always put more clothes on than I can take off.

Why would anybody want this?

Just curious as to why you would think people would want their CPU to be like 110 degrees and on fire

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

giphy.gif

In the summer my room is like 30°-35°c 24/7

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Hell no. It's so annoying having to have the window opens because occasionally flies come in and I have this lovely quiet PC then a noisy ass fan having to cool me down..

The only perk is running stress-tests before you go in a shower so your rooms nice and warm for when you get out of the shower (going downstairs to put the heating on isn't an option in the cold.. ;D).

NOPE!

Even in winter, with absolutely no overclocks on my main rig and all fans at their max speeds, I have to keep my window open wide to have a comfortable temperature while gaming. In summer my room is basically a second sauna.

As long as no PC components get above 70°C, and no mobile devices get above 40°C, everything is fine.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

If I had a rig, I would enjoy it in the winter, and I would have an air conditioner installed in the room where the rig is in. (The room where it would go has no A/C)

Or I could use it in the basement and run the CPU as a boiler to keep the house warm.

Depends. If its winter, hell yeah :D

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Technically your room heats up more when your PC is better cooled... A fan doesn't cool down a room or your PC. It just transfers energy. So lots of fan with high RPM in a PC takes a lot of energy out of the PC and transfers it to the room. Low RPM fans transfer less energy to the room, so the PC keeps the energy and is hotter. That applies of course when using the same hardware.

You can't cool down a room with a fan. The airflow you feel on your skin feels cold because your skin is wet.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4260182476

CPU - Intel 3770k @ 4.5GHz + CM 212 EVO + Noctua NF-F12/ GPU - EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX / PSU - Corsair AX860i / Motherboard - Z77A-GD55 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM / HDD - 1.5TB WDC Black - 3.0TB WDC Red - 120GB Sandisk Extreme - 500GB Samsung 850 / Display - Asus PB287Q 4K and Asus VG248 + 3D Vision 2 glasses / Mouse - G500s 

NO, NOOOOOOOOO The heat is killer.... especially when your in a small room..... good GODDDDD

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Technically your room heats up more when your PC is better cooled... A fan doesn't cool down a room or your PC. It just transfers energy. So lots of fan with high RPM in a PC takes a lot of energy out of the PC and transfers it to the room. Low RPM fans transfer less energy to the room, so the PC keeps the energy and is hotter. That applies of course when using the same hardware.

You can't cool down a room with a fan. The airflow you feel on your skin feels cold because your skin is wet.

Well mine vents straight out the window and it's also water-cooled so it stays pretty cool ordinarily.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /