This is going to receive hate... Much hate...

SSOB

Sure, why not.

It would keep Apple haters out of discussions (at least, that is the goal) and give Apple users a place to discuss seriously. (looking at you Builder!)

i don't like that either, please keep it as neutral as possible.

It was a joke.

Sure, why not.

It would keep Apple haters out of discussions (at least, that is the goal) and give Apple users a place to discuss seriously. (looking at you Builder!)

Thanks bro. Can we be friends? I don't hate you. B)

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

This is a good idea overall. I am an Apple user myself and generally happy with all of their products (I have bought).

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

@LinusTech I think you should consider it.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Sure!

@Builder

Sweet. Friended.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

i think this would be a great idea.

This is a good idea

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I don't see how a dedicated apple forum would benefit anyone.  There still seems to be plenty of help for apple users in all the normal sub forums. those that can help do and those that can't usually don't post.

If you want to discuss the merits of certain apple products without the usual shit storm that follows then you will probably get more satisfaction from dedicated apple forums, you'll find a lot more dedicated users with better knowledge of osx in those forums than here.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If you want to discuss the merits of certain apple products without the usual shit storm that follows then you will probably get more satisfaction from dedicated apple forums, you'll find a lot more dedicated users with better knowledge of osx in those forums than here.

But wouldn't you agree that the shitstorm is a bit immature? The reason why we ask for a dedicated forum is because this isn't specifically a Windows forum, it is an enthusiast forum.

In my opinion, I would be fine with not having separated OS subfora if people would be a little less juvenile about it in General Discussion. I know I get a bit carried away with myself some times (I have the warning point to show it :P ) but I think it crosses the line when people call you stupid and ignorant for using a Mac. It's not even everyone, it's just a few people, but I think separate subfora would be better overall. 

It is open for debate, and if LTT would like to be a Windows forum from now on, that's fine with me. I'll stick to my general Windows knowledge and the programming section. I just think a lot of people have a very narrow minded view of what a "power user" or "computer enthusiast" is, I've said this several times before and it I believe it includes a much wider range of people than we allow it to.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

But wouldn't you agree that the shitstorm is a bit immature? The reason why we ask for a dedicated forum is because this isn't specifically a Windows forum, it is an enthusiast forum.

In my opinion, I would be fine with not having separated OS subfora if people would be a little less juvenile about it in General Discussion. I know I get a bit carried away with myself some times (I have the warning point to show it :P ) but I think it crosses the line when people call you stupid and ignorant for using a Mac. It's not even everyone, it's just a few people, but I think separate subfora would be better overall. 

It is open for debate, and if LTT would like to be a Windows forum from now on, that's fine with me. I'll stick to my general Windows knowledge and the programming section. I just think a lot of people have a very narrow minded view of what a "power user" or "computer enthusiast" is, I've said this several times before and it I believe it includes a much wider range of people than we allow it to.

Yes the shitstorm is immature,  but ltt is full of people who don't think apple is value for money, so if you want to discuss that without 12 pages of  "because apple is overpriced" then you are better of posting in a forum where majority of the members have a better understanding of apple hardware, or at least all agree.  Of course the opposite is also possible, start a thread about the mac pro in an apple forum and it could easily just fill with shit bashing of any hp or dell offering without proper appraisal of the hardware/features.  

If you could ban people from particular sub forums for posting or trolling then it might work,  but you have to draw a line between disagreeing and and being a hater (that is very hard).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

-snip-

I honestly don't think it's that hard, it's pretty clear that when someone posts an objective study like that MacBook Pro isn't overpriced thread and there's 10 pages of objections to it when it was a spreadsheet with literally nothing but numbers in it that someone is trolling.

I know what qualifies as being a troll on this forum, I got penalized for it, and I certainly see it happening a lot. I never report it though, because I don't think the people deserve it. At the end of the day, it's just a tech forum full of first world problems and in the bigger scheme of things none of this matters at all.

Not to depress you or anything. :P

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I honestly don't think it's that hard, it's pretty clear that when someone posts an objective study like that MacBook Pro isn't overpriced thread and there's 10 pages of objections to it when it was a spreadsheet with literally nothing but numbers in it that someone is trolling.

The thing is a spreadsheet and numbers does not take into account user requirements and user experience.   It's not trolling to point out your experiences or argue your reasoning as to why a product isn't suitable. As many apple enthusiasts have said there is more to apple than price/spec, this goes both ways.   

I know what qualifies as being a troll on this forum, I got penalized for it, and I certainly see it happening a lot. I never report it though, because I don't think the people deserve it. At the end of the day, it's just a tech forum full of first world problems and in the bigger scheme of things none of this matters at all.

Not to depress you or anything. :P

I have never been done for trolling, insulting once, but not trolling.  Believe me I know what you are saying, I work in social sciences and I see many social justice issues IRL,  if half of LTT saw what I did during the day they wouldn't sleep at night I recon.  

The thing is a spreadsheet and numbers does not take into account user requirements and user experience.   It's not trolling to point out your experiences or argue your reasoning as to why a product isn't suitable. As many apple enthusiasts have said there is more to apple than price/spec, this goes both ways.   

I have never been done for trolling, insulting once, but not trolling.  Believe me I know what you are saying, I work in social sciences and I see many social justice issues IRL,  if half of LTT saw what I did during the day they wouldn't sleep at night I recon.  

No it's not trolling to point out your experiences, however we wasn't saying MacBooks are the best laptops, just that from a price/spec point of view you do in fact get what you pay for.

I think some people just need a little perspective sometimes. Especially on this forum :P.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I think everyone just need a little perspective sometimes. Especially on this forum :P.

FTFY :P

I vote no. They don't deserve a forum, they can go to the apple store for that. (they're reasoning behind owning an apple to begin with for the most part)

in other words

HAAAAAAAAATTTTEEEEE RRRRRAAAAWWWWRWRRRRRR

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

-snip-

Not sure if it was your intention, but that post kind of exemplifies why this is needed.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Not sure if it was your intention, but that post kind of exemplifies why this is needed.

You already have your own eco system, apple oriented forums, run by apple.

that's why you chose apple right? to run apple and only apple for apple apple apple and apple

Turtlenecks......

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

that's why you chose apple right? to run apple and only apple for apple apple apple and apple

Turtlenecks......

I'm going to stop here, because you have already proven my point and beyond that, you're essentially trolling me by calling me names and trying to get a reaction.

I have used and currently use four operating systems, which I would estimate is around three more than you do.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Turtlenecks......

That is pretty ignorant, this is a tech forum and as far as I'm aware, apple is tech aswell. It sounds like a solid idea

My god, OP was correct with all the hate this would get. Pretty damn pathetic really. 

I agree with a new Apple forum, although I don't use their products myself. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"