WaterCooled Phantom 410 - Heavily Modded

PBaines

This is a build that I did at the end of last year so is very current. Enjoy the browse  :)

The pictures start off pretty average but get better!

First of I would like to say a BIG BIG thanks to my sponsors at the moment. Which is NZXT and Corsair 
NZXT were kind enough to sponsor me a Phantom 410 case. 

Corsair were also very helpful in sponsoring me an AX850 PSU!

This will be a project done over a few months, as I would like to see if I an arrange any more sponsors to take part in this!

nzxt.jpg

Corsair-Logo.png

But the main plan of this is:
I want the end result for someone to see and say to me "Wait, what case is this?" Because I am about to turn this case into something no one has seen before 
Clue: Watercooled, 360mm Rad, 240mm rad... All internal  lets see where this takes us!

img3411p.jpg

img3412e.jpg

img3413w.jpg

img3414h.jpg

img3415de.jpg

img3416k.jpg

img3417hn.jpg

So, today I spent some time doing drilling.... no modding so far !! All I have done is drill out the rivets, and then screw in the radiator! 

I wonder what this will be 
img3424ja.jpg

img3425b.jpg

img3427r.jpg

img3428ao.jpg

img3429yi.jpg

Something that I love about this case. Is that there is correct spacing for a rad !! unlike the Switch 810. It easy enough to resolve on the Switch, but knowing there is one less thing you have to change. Its a little soothing!
img3431ha.jpg

img3432qj.jpg

img3433ut.jpg

As we can see. The case looks like it has been designed to hold a 360mm radiator !!
img3435oa.jpg

To come: 240 rad will be here, is a 30mm thick one, which will have the fans inbetween the metal and plastic top, no room underneath for push pull. Even if there was, I would rather the case look nicer, than to have something that would increase performance by < 2c

Just enough room to fit an EK res :) SWEET! and yes, have thought cablemanagement holes  dont you worry :P
Note: I will be connecting the radiators together, with no tubing, that is why the fittings i have used are there, 

The Rad i will be using is this one !

img20120608222347.jpg

img3448dq.jpg

img3447i.jpg

And so, with a new 240mm rad. She all goes in, and then... yeah, its not the easiest thing getting dem fittings to work :P but this is the rad setup :)

NOTE: Will be getting better lighting, and a little photo area soon, 

img3460es.jpg

img3461ag.jpg

Riiight, so got the placement of the 8 pin EPS hole sorted, and also i realised that after some testing i can actually rivet the motherboard tray on! But that will be done last, as i still have to paint the case which wont be happening anytime soon, might get it done professionally and get it baked (hot room pretty much) as its winter here, freezing cold. and paint would come out like shit. But we shall see!!

Edit: might be using M4 screws instead of rivets.. but we shall see 

img3525g.jpg

img3526s.jpg

img3527x.jpg

img3531nx.jpg

Here we are guys, this is the sleeving colours i have chosen for the AX850!!

Thanks Corsair :)

Case should be back in the next few days, I assure you. it looks ****ing amazing

img3613z.jpg

img3615n.jpg

img3629k.jpg

img3642z.jpg

I have got the case back! She is ef'ing beautiful  However... The weather has not been. So I have not been able to get any pictures!! Have done some work on the mobo tray though 

As you can see, the 150 mm res is perfect. The 24 pin will be extended over the res, so really the inside colour will not be seen. The 8 pin will go through that whole (Yet to be sanded properly yet)

I have decided to have the hdd and ssd infront of the PSU, which will be hidden by a cover (same colour as mobo tray) which will cover the length FROM the end of the psu to flush of the end of the mobo tray, so that enables me to still see the PSU, because I will be changing the internal fan, to a Xigmatek orange blade one, so that it will be a lovely thing to look at 

thisonei.jpg

img3907j.jpg

img3909nt.jpg

This is how I will be attaching the mobo tray to the top of the case, with some M4 screws  there is I think 6 evenly spread out accross the top of the tray, the bottom psu cover will also be attached with M4 screws too. It also helps keep the mobo tray in place as well 
img3911b.jpg

img3914rr.jpg

img3915ej.jpg

img3917j.jpg

the top inside piece is also orange 
The fans will have orange blades too, those are set to be here this week. More pictures will be taken then!!

How is this paint any different from the colour scheme that NZXT produce? 
WELL!! The inside is roof and floor is orange. The black is the exact colour all around, so there is no difference between the powder coat and the plastics, the orange all looks the same. Also, there are gold flakes in the orange, so under some beautiful light, you can see a teeny-weeny bit of gold. Once I get some proper day light (Winter here in NZ doesn't give us much of it) I will get some pics of the gold flakes 

Note; the sniper 2 is not the motherboard that I will be using 

img3940m.jpg

img3997h.jpg

img4005g.jpg

img4013f.jpg

The fans have arrived  They match the orange that I chose 100%! So am really glad that I got the right ones, it was either these or Bitfenix orange LED ones.

Thoughts and opinions are always appreciated!!

Next update: Motherboard tray 

img4028rg.jpg

img4037d.jpg

img4046wg.jpg

So mobo tray 90% done, still need to add the MDPC-X cable mounting grommet things to house my cables for extra cleansly'ness,
The 24 pin will be going through the space between the rad's and the RES

Still have to make a mounting piece for my HDD and my SSD underneath that PSU cover thingy
Didn't want to cover the psu at all, liked having the fan there, and just liked being able to see the PSU.

Will be using MAYHEMS PASTEL ORANGE WOOO, that colour'd fluid is amazing. 
Mobo will be a Sniper 2 UNTILL Gigabyte release their new Z77 board which is orange and black, so I look very much forward till then!

img4156bz.jpg

img4158op.jpg

img4161s.jpg

img4163j.jpg

Took a few photo's of it all outside!

Still a few things to do
- Sleeve GPU connectors
- Re-sleeve Fans if I have enough orange sleeve left over
- Shorten some cables under the psu cover to give it some more room
- sleeve the Front IO cables (exl USB 3.0)
- Get my Mayhems Orange Pastel fluid
- Longer link for the pump/res so that the pump sits on the psu cover
- Add some more cable management brackets if need be 

img4370kx.jpg

img4372.jpg

img4374z.jpg

img4376c.jpg

img4377s.jpg

img4382b.jpg

img4386xe.jpg

img4389s.jpg

img4392d.jpg

img4393f.jpg

Here are some snaps I got of my new UP7 motherboard,
I also have completed the GPU cables, however have chosen not to 'stitch' them as originally planned as it doesn't really go along with any of the other cables so would look a bit off..

Hope you like what you see!
Once finished I will set up a proper photobox and get some superb photo's ! 

Only shame things is, that mayhems Orange isn't really what I thought it would be. It is more of a red than anything else, but am very happy with the UP7 colours. It matches with the case and sleeve colours very well!

img5704f.jpg

img5706n.jpg

img5708z.jpg

img5714g.jpg

img5717f.jpg

img5720z.jpg

img5723ai.jpg

img5735y.jpg

img5728s.jpg

img5725z.jpg

img5724b.jpg

img5738de.jpg

img5739ou.jpg

img5741d.jpg

img5744x.jpg

img5745c.jpg

img5746x.jpg

Looks really good, i was gonna do the black and orange scheme but then i changed my mind, looks amazing

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

looks great, but that super glossy finnish on the case exterior looks like fingerprint magnet

love the fluro orange fans.

thanks for sharing.

Wait you Live in Auckland to OMG me to may I ask how did corsair and NZXT sponser you

I live in Palmerston North :P

It was simply about asking them nicely and producing them with two of my previous builds that I had done using NZXT cases they said they would be happy to!

looks great, but that super glossy finnish on the case exterior looks like fingerprint magnet

love the fluro orange fans.

thanks for sharing.

It was a bit of a fingerprint magnet. But one wipe with a cloth made the disappear. Once the rig was in place I didn't have to touch it so no worries anyway!

So far, so good.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Never thought I would be a fan of the black and orange color scheme. This is such a pretty build. Love the paint job, love the mods, love the cable management.

Sounds like an ecstatic review :) Thanks! 

I really like the build a lot! there is one thing that bugs me a little bit, that is the tubing. 

Would it be possible for you to use crystal link instead?

other than that GJ!

AWSOME cable management!

/ Chris

I really like the build a lot! there is one thing that bugs me a little bit, that is the tubing. 

Would it be possible for you to use crystal link instead?

other than that GJ!

/ Chris

At the time of doing this build I was unfamiliar with how to do a good loop using only crystal link. The crystal link trend has really only come out in the last 6 months or so!

If I were to remake this build I would use entirely Crystal link for sure;

Phil

Nuff said up here..

O_O :o

WOW

This is gorgeous, black and orange theme is so underrated and underused. Also what's up with the Mayhems pastel orange? that looks nothing like the pictures they have, shouldn't it be opaque?

This is gorgeous, black and orange theme is so underrated and underused. Also what's up with the Mayhems pastel orange? that looks nothing like the pictures they have, shouldn't it be opaque?

It is actually Orange Dye, not pastel. I thought the dye would come out a bit better than what it did. The pastel was too bright for what I wanted

I feel like I've seen this before, also, where are the hard drives or SSDs? You've taken out all the drive cages, and there's not much space in a Phantom 410. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

excellent build!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Amazing

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I feel like I've seen this before, also, where are the hard drives or SSDs? You've taken out all the drive cages, and there's not much space in a Phantom 410. 

My HDD and two SSDs are under the PSU Cover.

I must say damn nice build, only thing that I Think puts i down a bit is the Coolant, You might wana try Mayhems “Pastel” Gigabyte Orange i think it would look awsome with that =D

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

Hey there, I also have the 410 and want to watercool it soon. 

My plan is to go with two 240 rads (one thick, one small) and a 120 rad. (I need a blu-ray drive, so I need at least one of those 5.25" slots, will use another one for a 3.5"+2x2.5" bay)

I also want to have a vertical reservoir (got a cheap 250 EK res already so I'm trying to use that one).

Would you mind sharing any tips with me? :)

Also, I really like the PSU cover, would you mind sharing what material you used for it?

I must say damn nice build, only thing that I Think puts i down a bit is the Coolant, You might wana try Mayhems “Pastel” Gigabyte Orange i think it would look awsome with that =D

I agree with you 100%, I thought that the Orange Dye would come out a lot nicer than that and unfortunately I did not have time to order in some Pastel Orange as the dead line for this build had reached its end, Though if I had more time I would have gotten Pastel Orange :)

Hey there, I also have the 410 and want to watercool it soon. 

My plan is to go with two 240 rads (one thick, one small) and a 120 rad. (I need a blu-ray drive, so I need at least one of those 5.25" slots, will use another one for a 3.5"+2x2.5" bay)

I also want to have a vertical reservoir (got a cheap 250 EK res already so I'm trying to use that one).

Would you mind sharing any tips with me? :)

Also, I really like the PSU cover, would you mind sharing what material you used for it?

IMO do not bother getting a 120 rad, get 2 240's. The 120 rad would do maybe 3% difference but also make the rig look 100% more untidy.

Not really sure what tips you want me to give you! I will be happy to give you some help with whatever you may have though.

It is 6mm thick Dark Tint Acrylic bend 90 degree's, you can get this done at any acrylic reseller

Phil

Amazing, but I used to have one of those fans, they are terribly loud. Dont know how you're going to put up with them