My old employer keeps paying me...

emachado99

Hey,

So I quit my job (paper route lol) in the beginning of June because I was moving cities on the 30th of June. Since I quit I have still been getting direct deposits into my bank account from them... It's not a large amount of money by all means, but should I just keep quiet? My old boss was not the brightest and I saw online someone had the same situation as me and everyone just said keep it, it's there fault. What should I do?

Shanks :D

Hey,

So I quit my job (paper route lol) in the beginning of June because I was moving cities on the 30th of June. Since I quit I have still been getting direct deposits into my bank account from them... It's not a large amount of money by all means, but should I just keep quiet? My old boss was not the brightest and I saw online someone had the same situation as me and everyone just said keep it, it's there fault. What should I do?

You could probably end up being sued if you don't bring it to their attention.

I'd play it safe and report it to them now.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Tell them ASAP, there can be serious legal issues. A friend of mine got payed twice after quitting, and he wasn't even aware, and his previous employer tried suing him, and he almost got declined a job when he was applying for what is now his current job because he used a co-worker as a reference, and the company monitored the call and tried f'ing him as much as possible.

Scary, risky stuff, man.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Tell them ASAP, there can be serious legal issues. A friend of mine got payed twice after quitting, and he wasn't even aware, and his previous employer tried suing him, and he almost got declined a job when he was applying for what is now his current job because he used a co-worker as a reference, and the company monitored the call and tried f'ing him as much as possible.

Scary, risky stuff, man.

Can they really sue me over $40? At the age of 15...?

Just keep the money, and dont use it... After some time if they dont claim it...

Yep, these days, you can sue anyone for anything.

Tell them ASAP and get it over and done with so it doesn't come back to haunt you in the future! 

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

they sue kids over pirating 1 movie for millions.... so yes, yes they can 

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Yes. You didn't work those hours that you were payed for. I should note that my buddy was working part-time as a 17 year old that time, so not even an adult yet, same as you. Although he was getting payed a bit more.

You'll probably get to keep the money, just let them know, even though you won't be getting payed from that point :P And if you don't get to keep the money, just nut up and fork it over without thought, then complain to us how your ex-boss is a stingy bastard, we'll be here to listen, as most of us have been in the same boat boss-wise :)

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Hey,

Call and tell them. Then refund all those money back to that particular company. Or you will likely face legal liability and criminal charges down the road. This world isn't fair in general. Sometimes its good not to be greed and save yourself from alot of troubles.

call and tell them. ive your old boss searously was a dumbass he might let you keep it lol

I'd just as much as tell them to fuck off and that it's their responsibility to watch what they do with their finances and not the responsibility of an ex employee.

To my knowledge, once and employer pays you, they cannot ask for it back even if you weren't entitled to it. At least at the last company I worked for that's how it worked.

Also most places have their pay set up so that you get paid for the previous pay peroid, so after leaving work you usually get one paycheck after that.

I would still notify them of the problem.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well I emailed her so I have it in text for proof, and she replied back saying "Odd. But thanks for letting me know!"

Tell them.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Scary, risky stuff, man.

You could probably end up being sued if you don't bring it to their attention.

I'd play it safe and report it to them now.

Tell them ASAP and get it over and done with so it doesn't come back to haunt you in the future!

Yes. You didn't work those hours that you were payed for. I should note that my buddy was working part-time as a 17 year old that time, so not even an adult yet, same as you. Although he was getting payed a bit more.

You'll probably get to keep the money, just let them know, even though you won't be getting payed from that point :P And if you don't get to keep the money, just nut up and fork it over without thought, then complain to us how your ex-boss is a stingy bastard, we'll be here to listen, as most of us have been in the same boat boss-wise :)

Call and tell them. Then refund all those money back to that particular company. Or you will likely face legal liability and criminal charges down the road. This world isn't fair in general. Sometimes its good not to be greed and save yourself from alot of troubles.

call and tell them. ive your old boss searously was a dumbass he might let you keep it lol

You already know what the right answer is.

Do it.

To my knowledge, once and employer pays you, they cannot ask for it back even if you weren't entitled to it. At least at the last company I worked for that's how it worked.

Also most places have their pay set up so that you get paid for the previous pay peroid, so after leaving work you usually get one paycheck after that.

I would still notify them of the problem.

Tell them.

I once got a few bucks more than i actually deserved from my present employer, i didn't check my hours so i didn't even realise that - nevertheless they figured it out 2 months later and asked me to give back that extra money. It was quite confusing at start, but they were right - so yeah, tell them.

Yep she emailed me back saying "Consider it a bonus, you did an amazing job!" So I get to keep it :) Yay

It's not just the money he owes you,but the costs of everything else like procedings and investigations.. that you pay back if found out,... but any criminal charges, court/investigation charges...If Guilty, thats ALL on you.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Tell your old boss, he will probably take the 40 dollars you give him as 2 twenties, and use it to light his cigar.  Then laugh in your face.  But fear not, you did the right thing.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Probably a severance package. Like you said, it's only $40.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

I hear soccer moms wanting to sue over making their kids play in 90 degree weather...WELCOME TO AMERICA!

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

that happened to my grandad,he got payed for 6 months after he retired they then contacted him saying they want all the money back, he spent it all so he will pay it back in incruments

Yep she emailed me back saying "Consider it a bonus, you did an amazing job!" So I get to keep it :) Yay

Nice. :)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

damn i want to work for your company lol