I seriously love the Surface 2

Okay so I bought the Surface 2, not the Pro version but the RT version.

Now I know what some negative people are going to say 'ermahgerd no full Windows support'.

First of all you know that when you buy it, don't like it? Don't buy it.

You don't see IOS or Android users complaining about no full OSX or Linux on their gadgets. Besides, no x86 targeted viruses. :D

second, sure, there aren't too many apps, but the mainstream ones are there like Skype, Netflix, Youtube etc, Hell, even Splashtop has joined the party!

Also who needs an app for everything when you can just go to the website in the browser? Goes very easy with the RT.

Then there is the software itself...it is just blazing fast and I have not encountered trouble so far, the multitasking blew my mind, so useful...

What is also useful is the Office suite and the Touch cover, now I am testing it right now in full force, typing this entire post with it, and it is going pretty well I must say. Will test it more tomorrow at college. Also this thing runs Skype like a dream, the good front camera is very good indeed

The build quality....what can I say...with a body of magnesium and the front being what it is this is just a stunning device, really well made, built like a tank, light and easy on the eyes.

The kickstand is okay, it does it's work just fine. :)

Oh and the battery life is fine as far as I can see, haven't really had opportunity to test it, but it seems to me it could last 7 to 8 hours., possibly easily more.

This is enough convincing for me to buy one. I don't have the money but I see the use for it. :)

Yeah, just remember, it's not really for gaming that much, because there simply aren't that many games in the app store, but for other things it's damn fine.

Browsing and videos is a 9/10 for me.

Work in Office is a 9/10

I am hyped about it but yeah, I love this thing. :P

Also it has  a freaking USB port so you can use a mouse/keyboard/external HDD/whatever.

And a microSD slot for more space plus a micro HDMI port for your tv/monitor/other display devices.

Yeah, just remember, it's not really for gaming that much, because there simply aren't that many games in the app store, but for other things it's damn fine.

Browsing and videos is a 9/10 for me.

Work in Office is a 9/10

I am hyped about it but yeah, I love this thing. :P

Also it has  a freaking USB port so you can use a mouse/keyboard/external HDD/whatever.

And a microSD slot for more space plus a micro HDMI port for your tv/monitor/other display devices.

My phone can do all of this :D 

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

My phone can do all of this :D

It has an USB port? wow.

But a tablet is something with bigger screen real estate anyway. :P

It has an USB port? wow.

But a tablet is something with bigger screen real estate anyway. :P

I can use an otg cable that turns the charging port into a usb 3 port. It can power full hdds, mouse, keyboard anything you can think of. And it has a 5.7" screen so it isn't small. It honestly surprised me it could power a hdd on it's own, I really didn't think there would be enough power. But sure enough it powered up and I could read/write data to it. I have a 64gb sd card, 32gb internal storage ontop of that.  :) I want to get a surface though, when I get some money. ;)

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I can use an otg cable that turns the charging port into a usb 3 port. It can power full hdds, mouse, keyboard anything you can think of. And it has a 5.7" screen so it isn't small. :) I want to get a surface though, when I get some money. ;)

DO IT

DO IT

You want to front me the money? lol or if you order me one can just ship it to my address. :)

You want to front me the money? lol or if you order me one can just ship it to my address. :)

Naaa..... can hardly pay for mine as it is, took the cheaper TouchCover of the first RT as well. >.<

Naaa..... can hardly pay for mine as it is, took the cheaper TouchCover of the first RT as well. >.<

I have the plan of buying a surface 3, ipad mini and a note tablet 2014 edition. Just need to save some more money up.

I have the plan of buying a surface 3, ipad mini and a note tablet 2014 edition. Just need to save some more money up.

Jesus, 1 tablet at a time...

And you only need the first one... haha

I don't think it is worth the money. I don't see the point of buying any ARM tablet to be honest. My phone is big enough.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Jesus, 1 tablet at a time...

:D I've been through plenty of tablets and know what I'm looking for. Those three will give me everything I need for a while. Plus I can use them all as aux monitors for my pc which is a plus. 7 screens should be enough right? Dunno if you could tell but by my rig I like to go big or go home. :)

I don't think it is worth the money. I don't see the point of buying any ARM tablet to be honest. My phone is big enough.

Because Windows on a tablet. You people and your ARM hate. ...

Also I would rather want this than a slow Atom running full windows. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Also I need a tablet, not a laptop replacement, so RT is O-kay.

:D I've been through plenty of tablets and know what I'm looking for. Those three will give me everything I need for a while. Plus I can use them all as aux monitors for my pc which is a plus. 7 screens should be enough right? Dunno if you could tell but by my rig I like to go big or go home. :)

WHY do you need all that...

Not that I would mind having those things too......

WHY do you need all that...

Not that I would mind having those things too......

Eh why not? In all seriousness I grew up not being able to have a lot. Dealing with cheap computers for years, having low quality things etc. Now that I can afford things on my own I want the best of the best. I want ridiculously crazy things that most people wouldn't want or even know what to do with. Not because I have to have them, but I've done without and I just don't want to struggle again in that way and many others.

Eh why not? In all seriousness I grew up not being able to have a lot. Dealing with cheap computers for years, having low quality things etc. Now that I can afford things on my own I want the best of the best. I want ridiculously crazy things that most people wouldn't want or even know what to do with. Not because I have to have them, but I've done without and I just don't want to struggle again in that way and many others.

You have the exact same experience as me. :D

I also think in that way, but your amount of things is overkill. :P But I am still a student, so I might become you when I have the income.....

You have the exact same experience as me. :D

I also think in that way, but your amount of things is overkill. :P But I am still a student, so I might become you when I have the income.....

I know they're overkill, that's why I love it so much. :D Having a top end $700 phone, a $1500 tv, $2500 rig not counting monitors. Then those tablets ontop of all that. Not to mention other goodies I may have. I have a big personality and I like to show it. :)

I have the pro 2, I love it! The surface 2 is good too.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Wow, took it to school.

While in the train it fit perfectly in my lap.

But then at school it was Perfect! No need to open up a slow computer. Just straight to typing. Excellent multitasking listening Spotify while working and meanwhile my co-students were amazed.

Not to mention it charged my phone. :D

I love this thing to death.

Highly recommend it,