Nanopixel displays with 150 times higher resolution – and they’re flexible, too

dlf

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/186056-nanopixel-displays-with-150-times-higher-resolution-and-theyre-flexible-too

Researchers in England have created nanopixels that measure just 300-by-300 nanometers. Compare this to a modern smartphone with a 400 ppi display, where each pixel is about 150 times larger (about 50 microns across). Furthermore, the prototype nanopixel displays are low-power and thin and flexible. Ultimately, these nanopixels could be used in extremely high-resolution displays with billions of pixels — though it might be rather hard to find a graphics card that can drive a 198000×120000 display*, of course.

* - That's about 23 BILLION pixies, how giant a resolution that is!. And is this a duplicate?

over9000jpg.gif

Chop, chop, AMD and nVidia. You got work to do.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

What is that? A screen for ants?

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

This might be good for devices like the oculus rift, where your eyes are like an inch from the screen. But as far as monitors go, I don't think anything past 8k on a 30" monitor a couple feet I'm front of you will be too noticeable.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

That's what? 1024k? 2048k? The monitor companies have work too do as well, not just AMD & Nvidia.

more like 198k

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

The image is so sharp and crystal clear that it burns your eyes out of your eye sockets along with your retinas... lol

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

The only point in this that I can see would be like @BobbyG2 and @RexinOridle said.

Head mounted displays (where you need over 1000 PPI for "retina display" quality) and electronic view finders (again, very close to your face and more accurate representation of the image since you don't have to downscale as much).

Affordable 24" desktop monitors with 4K resolution on the desktop when?

Man, there's a lot of content available in 198k out now. 

Can't wait to put this on my mile wide tv

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

To all the people who think more pixels can be useless: imagine a device the size of the end of your thumb that you can put over your eye and BAM: Personal theater with a screen that looks like it's 40ft. away and still has at least a 4k (It in fact could be much more.) resolution. Or, since this technology is flexible, imagine home-theater contact lenses.