Razer Blade 14 (2014)

I'm REALLY looking forward to the Gigabyte Aorus x3/plus. It's around the same price as the Razer. Has a high resolution screen (base is 2560x1440 and there is a 3200x1800 option) It has upgadable ram (not soldered, max of 16 gb), same graphics but with more vram, and its lighter. It's a tad thicker (.7 inches vs .9), but thats to give room for two m.2 ssd instead of one, and massive vents in the back that'll help with thermals, which are a big issue with laptops this thin. Sounds awesome if you ask me, hopefully not too good to be true. 

There are also macro keys, if thats your thing. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

I completely agree with Linus' video review of the Razer Blade 14. I absolutely love mine and have zero regrets for buying it over MSI/Lenovo's offerings. I never thought I would use the touchscreen as much as I currently do, the 3k panel looks absolutely amazing, and the performance has been darn-close to my desktop (GTX 670 is roughly equal to the 870M, shockingly).

Great video Linus, I really appreciate the time and opinion. 

Desktop: ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula - 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz - Gigabyte GTX 670 WF3 - G.Skill 16 GB 1600Mhz - Antec 900W - 128GB Crucial M4 - 2TB Hitachi HDD - NZXT H440

Mobile: Nexus 6P (current)  - Razer Blade 256 GB Laptop

Well i'm kinda interested but my main question is does it over and throttle

Question them, im prepared to order one of these tomorrow but uh.. Question. Is the M.2 SSD replaceable? I'd like to buy the 128GB version and swap the SSD out for a Samsung 840 EVO 1TB mSata.

There are also macro keys, if thats your thing. 

Well I read the keyboard roundup in APC recently, and apparently that should be everyones thing, because buying a mechanical keyboard without macro keys means you miss the best bits of having a mechanical keyboard. *facepalm.jpg

This Laptop would be pretty much the perfect Lan companion. But as always, everything in tech carries a trade-off, in this case, the price. I would buy one if I had the money, it'd be a perfect lan companion. But I won't spend $3k on a Laptop. For someone who goes to Lan parties on a weekly basis, or a pro-gamer or something, one of these makes pretty makes perfect sense. It's powerful enough for games like Lol, Dota, CS, UT or SC2 (WoW, Warcraft III, DoW, all the fun stuff you play with friends), could probably handle some light streaming.

To have that kind of form factor, it comes at a cost, one which sadly, I'm not prepared to pay. I guess I just have to keep lugging my 25kg case around to Lan parties

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Its my dream to get this laptop.. but damn i guess i cant aford this.. to bad. will have to go for lenovo y50 or asus g550jk.. i dont see any other way to get a nice slim laptop that would be able to kill some time with gaming while using it for studying :C

• 3 weeks later...

would this laptop stand op to some light video edditing?

from playing games on mine, i will admit you DO notice the fans and the noise but tbh i dont mind much since i have my ear dubs in listening to music when im playing games anyway. during normal use like browsing and whatnot, the fans are dead silent. i even played a little bit of mc and the fans stayed silent. if youre gonna max out games and run em at native res then youre gonna hear the fans go. but then again think of the form factor. overall it isnt something to be worried about.

all laptop fans are loud while gaming, if you use a headset they will be quieter ofc

would this laptop stand op to some light video edditing?

hahahah, of course, although you could buy a cheap 450€ laptop and an overkill desktop with the other 1550€

NEED MORE RAM and i do think it should have an 880m for the ultimate gaming notebook name

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

• 1 month later...

Can't find the topic for blade 2013 review, but where he get the orange game over t shirt? The one on bewild is different.

• 2 weeks later...

Little skeptical about this.
I'm considering buying it but i have 2 issues!
YES, PRICE is the first, but the other problem is screen size >.< 
14 inch!? My elder brother has Dell XPS 15 and i even found the 15.6 inch screen, a little unsatisfying. 
I don't know. Maybe it's just me. Well, It's gonna be my first laptop !
What do you guys suggest?

nice but pricey as balls

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

• 2 years later...
On 7/10/2014 at 9:47 AM, Albatross said:

It isn't upgradeable and is stuck with 8GB? :o

yes but with a remverble drve

i5-6600k

NZXT Kraken X62
16gb 3000mhz Corsair vengence Ram
Asus strix z270-i
256gb Corsair mp510
2x 1tb Samsung 860 evo
Evga Gtx 1080Ti FTW3
Evga 750BQ
Fractal Design Define Nano S

a new order is coming 

Posted After Realizing the Forum is for More then boasting about your GTX 1080 ^_^