Razer Blade 14 (2014)

Prices for the Blade is like $3699 SGD

so if convert back to USD 

We have to pay USD2958.49

post-53643-0-16609400-1404984412_thumb.j

post-53643-0-16609400-1404984412_thumb.j

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

here companies kinda try and do the same thing. when some old grandma walks into the store wanting to by a new computer they sell it to her without letting her know that such insurance even exists so when something eventually happens to the computer, she has to go back only to find out that there was insurance but she never got it because the salesman never told her that she was able to get insurance. therefore she has to pay a lot of money to fix the computer. american logic right there...

well here they will just try to sell you stuff your already entitled to 

well here they will just try to sell you stuff your already entitled to 

better than here for shit sure. the only time(s) i was correctly tailored to when buying an electronic were when i bought my blade (the guy only mentioned it because its such a damn expensive laptop) and whenever i go to the apple store the people there are usually really on top of what theyre doing so they basically never forget to offer applecare :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

laptops are still too overpriced for gaming

True unfortunately. I guess this is the kind of product a professional gamer would use when travelling to keep in "shape", after all his team/sponsor is going to pay for it. Or the 100% alternative for creative professionals who still want to game with their pc once in a while and are currently considering a macbook (which at this point makes 0 sense lol, I dare anyone to find me a complaint on this compared to a macbook of the same price). When this kind of thing is 1500 bucks, I'll consider getting one (used).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Prices for the Blade is like $3699 SGD

so if convert back to USD 

We have to pay USD2958.49

all company do that e.g you cant get a gtx 780 for less then $600 in here 

For everyone complaining about the price, try getting one in Australia  :(

lol.jpg

Would love to own one but getting one in Singapore also costs similarly to prices Down Under at 3299 SGD, 3499 SGD and 3699 SGD.....and plus 125 for Shipping.

It'll be a dream to own it, but I am definitely not forking out to get it being a poor low-budget student like I am now surviving on Allowances and occasional money I get from playing piano for Church weddings.

I'd rather get Clevo Notebooks from Aftershock PC should I wish to be a bit more budget conscious.

But one thing is for sure, Razer wins the MacBook Pro HANDS down. 

Main Machine: Core i7 2600K, 12GB RAM, GTX 970 SLI, P8P67M-PRO, Fractal Define R3, 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 2TB WDC Green, Windows 10    Laptop: MBP 13" Retina 2014 Haswell: 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, OS X El Capitan

Piano Recording Rig: Compaq HP 6200 SFF Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Zotac GTX 750 Low Profile OC, Windows 7 Pro

Available Spare Parts: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

all company do that e.g you cant get a gtx 780 for less then $600 in here 

honestly in Singapore

we are paying thur our noses for your typical PC builds you find in the US

the i5 and R9 290 combo will easily cost us 2 grand

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

honestly in Singapore

You and me both man. SG freaking high cost of living.

Main Machine: Core i7 2600K, 12GB RAM, GTX 970 SLI, P8P67M-PRO, Fractal Define R3, 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 2TB WDC Green, Windows 10    Laptop: MBP 13" Retina 2014 Haswell: 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, OS X El Capitan

Piano Recording Rig: Compaq HP 6200 SFF Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Zotac GTX 750 Low Profile OC, Windows 7 Pro

Available Spare Parts: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Probably cheaper to fly to USA and buy one then fly back

a return flight from Sydney to LA is about $1000 so its about the same price.

if you guys think Razer is expensive

how about paying $5508 SGD for a MacBook Pro with Retina 15" screen with 1TB SSD

that's what we are paying for in Singapore

g138669056235969850.jpg

post-53643-0-80701600-1404985901_thumb.j

True unfortunately. I guess this is the kind of product a professional gamer would use when travelling to keep in "shape", after all his team/sponsor is going to pay for it. Or the 100% alternative for creative professionals who still want to game with their pc once in a while and are currently considering a macbook (which at this point makes 0 sense lol, I dare anyone to find me a complaint on this compared to a macbook of the same price). When this kind of thing is 1500 bucks, I'll consider getting one (used).

this is also not that bad for university (collage) students that need to take the computers to lectures and then still want to play games in the afternoon i mean a lot of uni students use mac book so for the same price your getting a lot more.

You and me both man. SG freaking high cost of living.

anywhere that isn't north america is super expensive for hardware.

this is also not that bad for university (collage) students that need to take the computers to lectures and then still want to play games in the afternoon i mean a lot of uni students use mac book so for the same price your getting a lot more.

Also true, although being a university student myself I have no idea how I'd be able to pump out all that money for a notebook :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Also true, although being a university student myself I have no idea how I'd be able to pump out all that money for a notebook :P

i'm not a uni student but when i visited one the was a lot of people with mac books and there similarly priced  

honestly in Singapore

dam, i thought we had it bad.

i'm not a uni student but when i visited one the was a lot of people with mac books and there similarly priced  

it because the Uni have a contract with Apple to supply Macs to student at a discount

and they will come with at least 3 year warranty

but they are still much more expensive than typical laptops

dam, i thought we had it bad.

you can take a look at our local store pricelist in this PDF

http://www.cybermind.com.sg/pdf-upload/pricelists/cybermind.pdf

do a simple math with the typical parts and you get the idea how much we pay for stuffs

or just look at the last page where the builds are and be WOWed

if you look at the exchange rate 9500 myr is still 3189 aud so we would only save 11 dollars

ahh, what I meant is, 3200 aud is 9500 myr, blade cost around 8000 myr here. That is why I said, it would probably be cheaper if you fly over here and go back. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

ahh, what I meant is, 3200 aud is 9500 myr, blade cost around 8000 myr here. That is why I said, it would probably be cheaper if you fly over here and go back. 

funny why we Asians have to pay more when the product is made in Asia...

Linus how come whenever mention aluminium in products you also mention that it stains without fail, but in this video you didn't say a word about that?

Also what are temperatures like under idle/word processing/internet browsing/gaming/stress testing? Any benchmark scores? FPS numbers for games? Seems like a pretty subjective review to me.

Not as expensive as I thought it would be after Linus saying it cost more than his car.

i7 5820k, Asus X99 Pro, 16GB Muskin Blackline, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Air 540, Samsung SM951 256GB M.2, Samsung 830 256GB, Seagate 3TB, Ducky shine 4 MX clear & brown, Logitech G700s, Asus PB278q

oh ok

it because the Uni have a contract with Apple to supply Macs to student at a discount

and they will come with at least 3 year warranty

but they are still much more expensive than typical laptops

oh ok i didn't think about the student discount

Ok! So this thing looks just like a macbook..(except for the colours and the logo and and and..). The specs are WAY better, although I suppose you could get something similar for the same price BUT this thing looks awesome. I only have one TINY LITTLE question for Mr. Linus..How the hell would anyone afford 1 of these? :o (have you even seen the price?????)

You may be right. I had a weird gut feeling I'd done it once before, but I couldn't find the video so I went ahead... Any idea what video it was?

I don't think it's a huge deal either way since for me the important thing is to not DEVALUE an editor's choice award. So many sites hand them out like candy, but I want to be different...

So if it's 1/2000 or 2/2000 products I can still hold my head high saying it's DAMN DIFFICULT to get one at Linus Tech Tips :P

I think it was the Acer Aspire S7.

You mentioned that the president of NCIX chose an Aspire S7 for his personal notebook, that he sent out a memo saying that it is the best and you agreed with him.

You didn't mention the award in the video but it says "Editor's choice award" in the description.