Flexible vs Hard Tubing

I'm willing to put in the extra work and cost of hard tubing but do you guys think it's worth it?

Personally i like builds with flexible tubing because all the fittings look ugly IMO. 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

I think it's 100% worth it for the aesthetics if done right. 

It makes it harder to dismantle your PC (for everything related to that), and it makes it more prone to potential leaks, but the latter is easy to avoid if you are good, and the former should be irrelevant for someone who is such an enthusiast that they are willing to even consider hard tubing imo. 

That's just me though. Others may disagree.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Hard tubing looks good if done right if not it can look off. It also looks nicer with the fittings generally being smaller than compression fittings for flexible tube.

Flexible tube that's 7/16-5/8 stretched over 1/2 barbs (no clamps) looks SUPER tidy as well.

I like them hard.  ;)

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Personally i like builds with flexible tubing because all the fittings look ugly IMO. 

You don't have to use fittings on every bend with hardline, people do it because it's easier and quicker, i prefer bending rather than using fittings.

You don't have to use fittings on every bend with hardline, people do it because it's easier and quicker, i prefer bending rather than using fittings.

^^^^ my thoughts too.

Bent hard tubing FTW!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I love everything about hardline. cleaner runs, less fittings and no staining of the tubbing.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I love the look of copper piping with patina on them. I've seen a few steampunk rigs with glass tubes (not tubing).

I've seen some chromed piping as well that looks crazy good, but I'm not sure how much it would cost to get done.

My plans are to use flex tubing for the simplicity and lower cost.

nfqfplh.jpg

Source: http://www.overclock.net/t/1296668/sponsored-project-steampunkd-tj11/390

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

Don't anyone just like the curves in flexible tubing? :P

Personally, I think it looks aesthetically unpleasing. I don't like them. Parallel/diagonal lines are king.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.