Is it worth it to wait for new macbook

Kouroshb26

Do you guys think it is worth it to wait for the macbook pro retina. I am wondering to decide from the macbook air, the macbook pro and the lenovo ideapad yoga 2. The yoga 2 is cheaper but I have seen that its cpu is kinda slower than the air or the pro. So any thoughts. Thank you

My price range is about $1000 Canadian.

no mac books are shite. Might as well buy a Windows Dell for $500 because you'll get the same performance.

Edit: FOR THE PRICE THEY'RE SHITE.

Do you guys think it is worth it to wait for the macbook pro retina. I am wondering to decide from the macbook air, the macbook pro and the lenovo ideapad yoga 2. The yoga 2 is cheaper but I have seen that its cpu is kinda slower than the air or the pro. So any thoughts. Thank you

My price range is about $1000 Canadian.

The yoga's CPU is perfectly fine.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

no mac books are shite. Might as well buy a Windows Dell for $500 because you'll get the same performance.

You have no idea.... 

No I think macbooks have pulled themselves out of the dtich as windows laptops are pretty expensive. Oh i really need something portable for Uni but yeah i think i should be fine with the yoga. you think 4gb of ram is enough or should i go for 8gb. Thoughts?

They aren't shite....

just...no

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Well do you want to use osX or windows? do you care about a touchscreen on your laptop?

The cpus on the yoga 2(and pro) are pretty much equivalent with the macbooks

You have no idea.... 

Actually, I have much idea.

They aren't shite....

just...no

For the price... yes they are.

Get a macbook air, its light and if it only for Uni 4gb is more than enuff

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

No I think macbooks have pulled themselves out of the dtich as windows laptops are pretty expensive. Oh i really need something portable for Uni but yeah i think i should be fine with the yoga. you think 4gb of ram is enough or should i go for 8gb. Thoughts?

if you are planning on using it for uni you could step up and grab a thinkpad yoga which has a digitizer upgrade(great for writing notes), but it's pushing the pricey side

Then my surface pro 2 must be the shittiest device ever...

It's not always about on paper specs.

Hail Sithis!

Well do you want to use osX or windows? do you care about a touchscreen on your laptop?

The cpus on the yoga 2(and pro) are pretty much equivalent with the macbooks

I actually don't mind either and touchscreen is not a big deal to me. I think i am just gonna go with the yoga core i5 4200u with like 8gbs of ram and 256gb solid state fore like 1200 dollars ish. But do you think the new refresh of retina is coming soon.

Then my surface pro 2 must be the shittiest device ever...

It's not always about on paper specs.

If you want the best bang for your buck. Then yes it is.

I'd rather have an i7 and a dedicated GPU in an MSi laptop than an i5 in a Mac with onboard graphics for the same price.

Then post a laptop that makes a Macbook look overpriced instead of just calling them shit. 

This is the first Macbook Result on Newegg so I'll use it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ1KC4356&cm_re=macbook_pro-_-34-100-326-_-Product

i5 and 8GB of RAM and integrated GPU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA57X1NG5711

i7 and 16GB of RAM. Dedicated GPU w/ 6GB VRAM and about 5X the storage for the same price. :/

I'd rather have an i7 and a dedicated GPU in an MSi laptop than an i5 in a Mac with onboard graphics for the same price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ1KC4356&cm_re=macbook_pro-_-34-100-326-_-Product

i7 and 16GB of RAM. Dedicated GPU w/ 6GB VRAM and about 5X the storage for the same price. :/

True that, but the macbook last longer has a better screen, better build quality. They are a bit over priced but with the student discount you can get that price would be 200 dollars off which makes it a very good deal.

Not a comparison you can make. That MSi laptop is GIGANTIC. 

It's stronger yes, but its made of plastic and weighs three times more than the retina macbook pro. The retina macbook pro also has a much higher resolution display with its smaller screen. Battery life is going to not even be comparable. The macbook pro lasts 9-10 hours. Try again. 

Nope. Not everybody games and Macbooks have amazing build quality. The MBA now starts at 899/999 ish so compared to many Windows Ultrabooks they are a few hundred cheaper. 

i5 4670K | Noctua NH-D14 | Z87 Gryphon + Armor Kit | ASUS R9-280X | Corsair 350D | Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB | Seagate Barracuda 1TB | XFX Black Edition 80+ Gold 750W | Dell P2314H 

Not a comparison you can make. That MSi laptop is GIGANTIC. 

It's stronger yes, but its made of plastic and weighs three times more than the retina macbook pro. The retina macbook pro also has a much higher resolution display with its smaller screen. Battery life is going to not even be comparable. The macbook pro lasts 9-10 hours. Try again. 

Here's one for $200 less and it still beats it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834233050

Nope. Not everybody games and Macbooks have amazing build quality. The MBA now starts at 899/999 ish so compared to many Windows Ultrabooks they are a few hundred cheaper. 

Never said everybody games. Most people use Macs for photoshop/video editing. They would benefit from the i7.

Here's one for $200 less and it still beats it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834233050

No it doesn't. Again. It is twice as heavy. Has no SSD. And again, has a much lower resolution screen. Looking even closer, it doesn't even have a backlit keyboard. 

Those are definitely more comparable, but still do not make the Macbook Pro "shit". This is a little tidbit I saw about the Satellite's battery life, 

"Battery Life

The Toshiba Satellite P50T has a lot of things going for it, but battery life is not one of them. When we ran the Laptop Mag Battery Test, which involves continuous Web surfing over Wi-Fi at 100 nits brightness (67 percent brightness for this notebook), the P50T only lasted 2 hours and 38 minutes. That's less than half the 6:11 category average."

The Retina mac lasts no less than 9 hours. In addition, there is no SSD in that Toshiba. 

Everything about the Lenovo says it lasts around 3-4 hours that I can find. Again this is half of what the Macbook Pro retina attains at best. It's also made of plastic.

Both laptops are also twice as heavy. 

I'm not saying these laptops are bad, or that the Macbook Pro is unquestionably better than both, I'm merely disputing your comment about the Macbook Pro being "shit". It's not. It's an extremely nicely built laptop that is sturdy, with a beautiful display, unmatched trackpad and amazing battery life. You can find laptops that beat it in one category, or another category, but to find a package as good as it is extremely difficult. It's not going to give you the best price to performance ratio, but its a laptop. It excels everywhere a laptop should excel. To call it "shit" is idiotic. 

Those are definitely more comparable, but still do not make the Macbook Pro "shit". This is a little tidbit I saw about the Satellite's battery life, 

"Battery Life

Macbook still has less RAM and an i5. It's shit for that price range.

The toshiba can also get an SSD upgrade because it's still $400 less than the mb.

Surface Pro 3!

huehuehue 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10