Heaven Society - Anime Suggestion Submission

Tatakao Shisho - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatakau_Shisho

tAG_146291.jpg

Great visuals, great plot, great music(first opening is by Ali Project...it sounded like the one for Rozen Maiden, obviously).

Plot reveals a dark and hopeless world with conspiracies...etc. yet find small pieces of hope in each arc; in final story, everything comes together to save the world from despair.

@Typho

Clannad is life

Clannad is better than life.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Wikipedia is not one of the accepted sources. Actually I should really remove IMDb for our uses probably.

I'm sure someone saw this coming eventually, but here's my (pretty obvious) suggestion.

Posted Image

Synopsis: Lucy Heartfilia is a young celestial wizard who runs away from home to join Fairy Tail, a rambunctious wizards' guild whose members are famous for their overly destructive antics. She is invited into the guild by Natsu Dragneel, a Dragon Slayer wizard from Fairy Tail with the abilities of a dragon, who travels the land of Fiore with his partner Happy, a blue flying cat, in search of his foster parent, a dragon named Igneel who had disappeared seven years earlier. Lucy forms a team with Natsu and Happy, and are later joined by an ice wizard Gray Fullbuster and an armored female wizard Erza Scarlet. The five take on various missions together, including the subjugation of illegal "dark" guilds and demons created by the ancient dark wizard Zeref.

Reasons I like/to watch: This anime provides an excellent blend of action, lighthearted tone, story, and even a certain kind of feels. There are many enjoyable characters to watch, action sequences are intense and desirable enough, and the show gives a lighthearted, yet powerful aura for both younger and older viewers. This show tends to be funnier (imo) than most shows that are primarily comedic, the story usually engages many different characters at the same time even if it primarily revolves only around one or two characters, and the "feels" of the show give a certain radiance of a type of idealism that is both honorable and realistic to achieve.

Closing thoughts: I'd like to note that this show can put you through quite the emotional ride, even though it doesn't look like it can. Finally, if you don't like the soundtrack - you're insane.

Super long anime like this are not accepted as there is no possible way realistically to finish them in a week or two.

Fairy Tail was made by the guy who made Rave Master for anyone who doesn't know, so yeah.

Sounds cool. I may watch at some point. I like long anime.

Just ask @Charger how I feel about that.

It was more about making it to where I didn't need to visit two anime sites to get the date then link the synopsis. Plus I preferred the layout of one over another. Oh well. Not important.

Yes, this. As opposed to Blu-ray releases, different countries air dates, etc.

Also, OoO for the spreadsheet is as follows:

• Update End Dates (80% complete) > Edit: 100% Complete
  • Link all Synopses (35% complete) > Edit: 50% Complete
  • Add Poll weeks for anime already voted on (20% complete)
  • Add ID links to posts where suggestions were made (5% complete)
  • Add Ratings w/ Suggestive Material listed (1% complete)
More to be added later. Once 1 is done, making the polls may be easier.

Comments, Suggestions, and such are welcome.

Should I be posting this here or does it matter? Just curious. It's directly related to the suggestion thread, so I'm not sure how you guys want me to do it. Or if you want me to do it or not.

... So many questions. I need to not be so insecure.

What happened the the individual sheets? Reason I ask is that is actually the important part when selecting anime. The only thing the big sheet was for was random.

But they have cat girls ! D: C´mon!

How about the Fairy Tail Movies?

There are whole anime of cat girls. Also for some reason Outlaw Star came to mind. Someone should recommend that.

Umm idk its like a series of movies. Arnt they mostly stand alone? This also reminds me I meant to have a whole separate list for movies and do a movie week. Maybe we should have a movie week next week? well do it a bit different and select a few. Would could also have movie series/OVA series week too, short series with longer episodes.

There are whole anime of cat girls. Also for some reason Outlaw Star came to mind. Someone should recommend that.

Umm idk its like a series of movies. Arnt they mostly stand alone? This also reminds me I meant to have a whole separate list for movies and do a movie week. Maybe we should have a movie week next week? well do it a bit different and select a few. Would could also have movie series/OVA series week too, short series with longer episodes.

Movie week? sure ILL USE MY BEST CARD FOR THAT!

2004_DVD_cover.jpg

http://myanimelist.net/anime/54

Appleseed, Nuff said. the manga is made by the same artist that made GITS! so it´s automatically Great.

I´ll suggest the Anime´s later, might as well throw in outlaw Star and some others if no one will do it.

Movie week? sure ILL USE MY BEST CARD FOR THAT!

-snip-

Appleseed, Nuff said. the manga is made by the same artist that made GITS! so it´s automatically Great.

I´ll suggest the Anime´s later, might as well throw in outlaw Star and some others if no one will do it.

Im going to have to go and up you with a physical bluray. :P

don't think i have it on BR, just normal DvD :(

"checks" Yep, The only one i have on BR is XIII :,(

-snip-

Bluray = BD ;):P

I dont have the newer ones (the one you mention or the new series).

What happened the the individual sheets? Reason I ask is that is actually the important part when selecting anime. The only thing the big sheet was for was random.

I consolidated it. The Release Date Column tells you whether it's before or after 2007 started. The End Date Column tells you whether it ended over 3 months ago (Post 2007), under 3 months ago (Recent), or it hasn't ended at all (Current). If it's a Movie/OVA (since their End & Release dates are the same), just look at the Release Date column to see if it's Pre/Post 2007.

So I can find out all 5 of those categories just from looking at that sheet. It's the same information, but on a single sheet. You can filter it if using the coloring isn't your preference, but I saw the extra sheets as redundant. If you still want them, I'll add them, but that's why they disappeared.

I'll add Appleseed soon.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I consolidated it. The Release Date Column tells you whether it's before or after 2007 started. The End Date Column tells you whether it ended over 3 months ago (Post 2007), under 3 months ago (Recent), or it hasn't ended at all (Current). If it's a Movie/OVA (since their End & Release dates are the same), just look at the Release Date column to see if it's Pre/Post 2007.

So I can find out all 5 of those categories just from looking at that sheet. It's the same information, but on a single sheet. You can filter it if using the coloring isn't your preference, but I saw the extra sheets as redundant. If you still want them, I'll add them, but that's why they disappeared.

I'll add Appleseed soon.

Its the same info but not as easily usable as what we were doing for making the polls.

But they have cat girls ! D: C´mon!

How about the Fairy Tail Movies?

-snip-

Speaking of catgirls...

Asobi ni Iku yo!

5e6d80c4ed.jpg

Synopsis:

The story revolves around Kakazu Kio, an ordinary high school freshman living in Okinawa. A girl with cat ears appears before him during a memorial service for one of his family ancestors. The girl calls herself Eris and claims she is an alien. Before long, fanatical alien worshipers and a mysterious government agency are in hot pursuit of Eris, but Kio's childhood friend Manami—who wants to follow in her father's footsteps in the CIA—captures Eris. Kio finds himself having to protect Eris from everyone. MAL

My thoughts:

It's a very fun one with lots of 'plot' points. Watch the BD versions for the best experience.

Speaking of catgirls...

Asobi ni Iku yo!

Synopsis:

The story revolves around Kakazu Kio, an ordinary high school freshman living in Okinawa. A girl with cat ears appears before him during a memorial service for one of his family ancestors. The girl calls herself Eris and claims she is an alien. Before long, fanatical alien worshipers and a mysterious government agency are in hot pursuit of Eris, but Kio's childhood friend Manami—who wants to follow in her father's footsteps in the CIA—captures Eris. Kio finds himself having to protect Eris from everyone. MAL

My thoughts:

It's a very fun one with lots of 'plot' points. Watch the BD versions for the best experience.

=_= hmmmmmm i think ´ve seen it somewhere.

the MC is a guy with glasses if im not wrong.

...totally spoiled the whole series there didnt i? :D

Its the same info but not as easily usable as what we were doing for making the polls.

@TheProfosist

I added Filtered views that basically turn that sheet into the sheets you had before. A few things to consider:

1. This edits the sheet for everyone viewing it. So yeah. Just remember to disable the filter when you are done by clicking the grey X in the top right corner.
  2. If you alter one of the filters, remember that it saves that way permanently for everyone unless you switch it back to how it was.
  3. This requires someone (anyone who can edit the document) to update the filters each time an anime is added or after a certain period of time when "Recent" & "Current" change due to time simply moving on. It's not that much to do. Just unchecking the old dates and checking the new ones.

Does that fix the issue? From your perspective, it's basically *Apply filter* *find anime you want to put in poll* *Disable filter*. 

Then again, you have to have edit permissions to use them (IIRC), but you should be added anyway Profosist (as well as Luclocke but he hasn't sent me his gmail yet, if he has one).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

@TheProfosist

I added Filtered views that basically turn that sheet into the sheets you had before. A few things to consider:

• This edits the sheet for everyone viewing it. So yeah. Just remember to disable the filter when you are done by clicking the grey X in the top right corner.
  • If you alter one of the filters, remember that it saves that way permanently for everyone unless you switch it back to how it was.
  • This requires someone (anyone who can edit the document) to update the filters each time an anime is added or after a certain period of time when "Recent" & "Current" change due to time simply moving on. It's not that much to do. Just unchecking the old dates and checking the new ones.
Does that fix the issue? From your perspective, it's basically *Apply filter* *find anime you want to put in poll* *Disable filter*.

Then again, you have to have edit permissions to use them (IIRC), but you should be added anyway Profosist (as well as Luclocke but he hasn't sent me his gmail yet, if he has one).

Sounds good to me I'll check it in the morning. Also add me I'm sure you can figure out my gmail.

Sounds good to me I'll check it in the morning. Also add me I'm sure you can figure out my gmail.

y u no blog http://theprofosist.blogspot.com/

† Christian Member †

TIME FOR A MEGA POST!!!! (Sort of big post..) (Part 1 of 2)

Code Geass
ef9594a1291674e01cc23f1ad342591613522500

LINK: http://myanimelist.net/anime/1575/Code_Geass:_Hangyaku_no_Lelouch

(Really surprised that no one suggested this before..)
Code Geass is story that takes place in a fictional world where Japan as well as a large section of the world is controlled by Britannia and their large Knightmares(Mech) army. At first glance people might throw Code Geass into a pile of other mecha anime and call it day, but it really isn't the main aspect of the show. Instead it focuses more on the clashing ideas of how to create a more beautiful world with the classic best friend's being greatest enemies. Overall the visuals are really nice, the character design is also really great, the story is pretty alright, but the characters keep the mostly unchanging story interesting, which leads into the last really point. The main character Lelouch is one of my favorite male protagonists and many others for one pretty simple reason, he actually has a complex character structure and make himself seem human which pulls you right into wanting to see what he does and sympathize with him.

*There's also a second season, as well as ton of side stories, spin off's and other stuff.

Darker than Black
key_art_darker_than_black.jpg

LINK: http://myanimelist.net/anime/2025/Darker_than_Black:_Kuro_no_Keiyakusha

Darker than black takes place in near future world where two mysterious gates, heaven's & hell's gate, appeared and with it took away the night sky, the ability to go into space, and created people with unique powers called contractors, aswell as tracking agents known as dolls. The story it's self is awesome and thrives well in it's setting a swell including tons of awesome action sequences with Hei and others. The characters in the show all have really well written dialogue as well as interesting back story and charcter development along the way. (Hei remains to be my favorite male protagonist who I've cos-played as on several occasions)

*Added Note:
Some people will tell you not watch the second season and how terrible it is, but even though I'd say it's not as good as the first season and that they lost some of the magic, I still think that it's good enough to warrant a watch.

*There's also a second season(Talked about above), an ova, and a movie

Black Lagoon

black-lagoon-banner.jpg?4dbf7b

LINK: http://myanimelist.net/anime/889/Black_Lagoon

Black Lagoon is a story about the adventures that an ex Japanese business man goes trough following a mercenary transport company in the lawless South-Eastern Asian Sea. The anime provides almost constant action with it's intense characters, but actually holds substance at the same time and provide a huge amount of entertainment beyond just *bang *bang *explosion. The character's and interaction are what separates Black Lagoon from just some other shoot 'em up crude anime.

*There's also a second season which is pretty much just an extension of the first.

Gungrave
key_art_gungrave.jpg

LINK: http://myanimelist.net/anime/267/Gungrave

Gungrave is an interesting one, if you skip episode 1(Which I recommend you do) it starts out with Bradon's & Harry's rise to power in a mafia group. The first half of the story is really solid, but it starts to break off from there where it's still interesting to watch, but not in the same way as it stops being realistically interesting and turns kind of absurd.. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good show, but it shifts gears pretty massively mid way through, so keep that in mind. Overall the characters are interesting and all contribute in some way to the story and make it seem much more real besides just the main characters. Even with it's flaws I really liked the show and would recommend it.

*I recommend you skip episode 1 as it can easily turn you off to the series and doesn't add anything useful.. & while I usually prefer the Japanese version, this time around English is the original, and it shows in some of the voice acting as the English voice actors bring some of the characters much more to life.

Redline(Movie)
redlineHeader.jpg

LINK: http://myanimelist.net/anime/6675/Redline

Redline is a racing anime about the biggest and most deadly racing tournament in the universe with crazy cars and far crazier drivers. It's probably the most intense, adrenaline filled, crazy, huge hair(did I say huge?) animes ever. The animation looks amazing with great styling, it boasts an awesome soundtrack, and the world that it shows you isn't anything short of amazing. The show however lacks a real complex story, but it doesn't really need one as it just throws it's awesomeness in your face and says. "forget a story, do you know how awesome I am" and manages to pull it off greatly.(There are some more subtle parts of the story that makes more complex than just face value in there aswell as @Vitalius stated, my bad)

*There's also pilot episode, and a 4 episode parent story

I was going to include Initial D in this mega post, because it's one of the view mega shows that I really like, but good luck finishing all of the 81 episodes and the hour and 45 minute movie that makes up the 6 seasons in a week if you do anythig besides watch anime...
(Just for funsies.. the way the seasons work is all kinds of weird.. Season 1 - 26 ep Season 2 - 13ep Season 3 - 1:45 Move Season 4 - 24 ep Season 5 - 14 ep Season 6- 4 ep.. Wat?)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Because most of that stuff goes straight to the forums. There used to be a bunch mroe there i wonder what happened. Some goes to my personal twitter though, which ive been trying to be better with.

Why would you read a blog that I wrote? I may be working on something but it definitely wont be on there. I really just need to get it setup because I know if I did I would start using it.

BTW you posting that link took that from getting 1-2 hit a day top 25 today (lol).

TIME FOR A MEGA POST!!!!

-sinp-

I expected more since you said mega.

I was going to include Initial D in this mega post, because it's one of the view mega shows that I really like, but good luck finishing all of the 81 episodes and the hour and 45 minute movie that makes up the 6 seasons in a week if you do anythig besides watch anime...

(Just for funsies.. the way the seasons work is all kinds of weird.. Season 1 - 26 ep Season 2 - 13ep Season 3 - 1:45 Move Season 4 - 24 ep Season 5 - 14 ep Season 6- 4 ep.. Wat?)

DO IT! Initial D Isnt too big. I havnt seen teh final season yet but the first recap movie just came out.

I expected more since you said mega.

Ok, well Sort of Big didn't roll of the tongue right. : P

I also am going to make another one here in awhile.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Sort of big post Part 2 of 2

Initial D
initiald_900x350.jpg

LINK - http://myanimelist.net/anime/185/Initial_D_First_Stage

Initial D is on the surface a racing anime that is really all about racing, talking about racing, and the only people who would enjoy it are those who love cars right, wrong... Like most sport type animes they pull you right in even if you have no interest in what they are doing at all and take you right along for the ride! The main character Takumi is interesting for the fact that opposed to being some awesome genius at everything he does he's awesome at driving, but he hates driving and knows almost nothing about cars or street racing. It's kind of awesome, since the main character and you kind of both learn at the same time. I really liked the series and it happened to be one of the first animes that I watched.

*Lots of show for you watch! 6 "seasons", several side movies and all sorts of stuff to keep you entertained! (Oh yea, the art of it is kind of weird at times like a heavily stylized drawn feel into CGI cars sometimes... It's strange, but it's not too bad and doesn't happen too often at least)

Planetes
Planetes+Poster.jpg

LINK - http://myanimelist.net/anime/329/Planetes

Planetes is about a team that cleans up space derbies in a near future Earth where mankind has pushed further into space. With such a niche premise it's hard to see why you'd enjoy a show like it, isn't it, well not to fear it's pretty good. The show starts off being a sort of comedy in space with the characters, but later on in the show it does a complete 180 and turns into a sort of drama that really makes the show great. The characters in the show are all unique and get quite a bit of screen time that change and act like what you'd expect actual humans to. Overall it's a great show that you should watch.

Toradora!
toradora_poster_image.png

LINK - http://myanimelist.net/anime/4224/Toradora!

Toradora! is a pretty standard romantic comedy anime in a traditional high school setting that looks like something you can pretty much predict everything that happens in it, which for the most part is true; however, Toradora! pretty much sets the standard for what a good romantic comedy is and warrants a watch at the least. The characters all get their time in the lime light to show off and make things more interesting than just the two, and overall the story has a nice pace to it not rushing along and having people just fall in love just for the hell of it. I know that's kind of a weird review, but it's actually a really good show.

Date A Live
date_a_live__portada_2_by_jeffitox3-d6o6

LINK - http://myanimelist.net/anime/15583

Date A Live is a story about how the protagonist Sidou needs to defeat supernatural entities that could destroy the whole world by, yep, dating them.... What, that probably sounds so stupid tat you already quit reading this to go rant about what the world of anime has come to with another one of 'those', but rest assured, it's clever in it's own way. It's actually a ton of fun to watch even if it is a terrible parody of mecha series with boobs and explosions, for whatever reason I seemed to really enjoy watching it.

*There's also a second season which I haven't seen, but I assume it's probably the same thing

Jormungand
jormungand.jpg

LINK - http://myanimelist.net/anime/12413/Jormungand

Jormungand is about the exploits of a young female arms dealer on a quest for world peace along with her elite bodyguards which includes a boy solider, you're probably wondering if this is real or not at this point I assume... While the concept sounds kind of strange the story feels really natural and works extremely well. The characters are all pretty much fantastic and never leave you bored, not that you really could be with all the action, which leads to the next part, while the anime is packed full of awesome gunfights it also handles the downtime extremely well with comedy where it works and seriousness in other parts. The artwork and sound is absolutely fantastic especially the weapons which look extremely real and high quality. Best of all it really does do a great job portraying arms dealers in a serious fashion even though an almost funny anime which almost mind blowing.

*There's also a second season which directly picks up the story line and is pretty much required!

FMA Brotherhood ( I mean how wasn't this suggested....)
fmabrotherhood.jpg

LINK - http://myanimelist.net/anime/5114/Fullmetal_Alchemist:_Brotherhood

Firstly if you haven't seen this before I don't really know how.. FMA is the great story about the Elric brothers quest to gain back their bodies from the philosophers stone. The story it's self is based in a world in which Alchemy is a science instead of fiction with a totalitarian government similar to Nazi Germany in control. The story it's self is absolutely fantastic as it makes you laugh, cry, grieve, and keep you in your seat watching the whole time. The characters are all great with actual interesting points to them aswell lots of screen time to develop and showcase them. The sound and artwork are also fantastic and really it's one of the best animes out there as far as I'm concerned. (For reference my Profile picture is a picture of Havoc I drew)

*Additionally there's movies, OVA's, and a whole other series called just FMA which is pretty much the same story, but really not as good. (Edit: It follows the same general ideas of the story, but change from Brotherhood in the second half quite a bit.)

Gurren Lagann(Again, how wasn't this suggested..)
gurren_lagann.jpg

LINK - http://myanimelist.net/anime/2001/Tengen_Toppa_Gurren_Lagann

Again, this is one of those anime's that if you haven't seen them I'd be mightily surprised. Gurren Lagann takes place in a far away future in which humans live underground in fear of what lies above. The story follows Simon, Kamina, and a girl with a big gun(and other things) on their journey to defeat the Beast-men and take back control of the surface. To be completely honest this is another of the greats that's just so good and captures you that you almost can't even explain it.. I Give it all of the awards and throw it into the best animes of all time, and if you haven't watched it you need to stop whatever you're doing and watch it right now! (Characters, awesome, Sound Track, awesome, Story, simple, yet amazing at the same time, Everything else, it's Gurren Lagann!)

*There also happens to be more additional content than I can even list, so good luck running out!

12 hmm.. That's not really all that many, but at least it's sort of a big post.. I was going to have more, but quite a few that I remembered being really good weren't really all the great and were just sort of ok, so I dropped them off the list as I was writing reviews/explanation thingie..

@gastew15 Nice choices! except maybe date a live. Ive been meaning to watch Jormungand... ohi and nice job with the pics too even though their not mandatory itll save us sometime later.