Heaven Society - Anime Suggestion Submission

I figured. The US date system is stupid. I'll switch it to D/M/Y To follow both EU & US Military standards.

I liked MAL because they had a single date for run time (the JP run time only). Whereas ANN has this "vintage" thing that lists each individual run time (US VS JP VS EU, etc) without really saying which is which. But I'll switch that too.

Cool. Google couldn't find it, so I figured that was the case.

I tend to use YYYY/MM/DD because well on a PC it will self order the folders that way and wen seeing the vintage of things you tend to want to know the year first.

Well the oldest one would be the first one, which 99% of the time is Japan and the one we care about.

Well as promised, i bring you

banner_252.jpg

http://myanimelist.net/anime/71/Full_Metal_Panic!

First off: Manga is better, its longer, and it covers the whole story. nuff said. 

It got Chicks with Attitude and back bone! it got Chicks with Unusual hair color! it got Mechs! it got Rurouni Kenshin´s Great Great Great Great Grandson!

It got Combat Bears with Green Hats! It got it all Ladies and Gentlemen! This is Full Metal Panic! And i Bring it too you! Enjoy! im out! Till next time!

There is Also a "spinoff" called Full Metal Panic? Fumofffu

And a Sequel called Full Metal Panic - The Second Raid.

sadly the anime does not cover the whole Show, but its still great and i recommend it for ye all.

oooh you even got a picture, snazzy!

I tend to use YYYY/MM/DD because well on a PC it will self order the folders that way and wen seeing the vintage of things you tend to want to know the year first.

Well the oldest one would be the first one, which 99% of the time is Japan and the one we care about.

Fixed.

Yes, but sometimes that only has a single date even if it's a series and doesn't have a clear end date. And sometimes (such as in Read or Die's case), that first date isn't the normal release. It's a pay-per-view only type thing. So it can get confusing.

It doesn't really matter though. The dates are just for that listing, and the links themselves are for people to read the synopsis, so how each site deals with the dates won't affect the synopsis bit.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Fixed.

Yes, but sometimes that only has a single date even if it's a series and doesn't have a clear end date. And sometimes (such as in Read or Die's case), that first date isn't the normal release. It's a pay-per-view only type thing. So it can get confusing.

It doesn't really matter though. The dates are just for that listing, and the links themselves are for people to read the synopsis, so how each site deals with the dates won't affect the synopsis bit.

yep

Check entries 96-100 and see if that's fine. Not sure how to handle extensions of an anime series which are suggested alongside the anime series itself. i.e. Sequels, OVAs, Movies, and such.

I'm also still thinking about how to handle repeats in a simple fashion that doesn't require reading or redoing the whole list.

We have kind of ran into a problem with what was suggested since some people seem to suggest the second season not the first but we would just put the first season in the poll. I'm not sure if things that are just listed along side the season should be included as one thing or counted as separate things. the problem with having them separate things is they are not really giving a reason for them just the main series

Fixed.

ya i was grabbing most the dates off mal but mal likes to attach things to your copies lol

We have kind of ran into a problem with what was suggested since some people seem to suggest the second season not the first but we would just put the first season in the poll. I'm not sure if things that are just listed along side the season should be included as one thing or counted as separate things. the problem with having them separate things is they are not really giving a reason for them just the main series

ya i was grabbing most the dates off mal but mal likes to attach things to your copies lol

Ah, alright. Will adjust accordingly.

Yep. Lol.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Regarding dates, are we talking about release dates? why not just use Wiki?

talking about air dates generally.

Regarding dates, are we talking about release dates? why not just use Wiki?

It was more about making it to where I didn't need to visit two anime sites to get the date then link the synopsis. Plus I preferred the layout of one over another. Oh well. Not important.

talking about air dates generally.

Yes, this. As opposed to Blu-ray releases, different countries air dates, etc. 

Also, OoO for the spreadsheet is as follows:

1. Update End Dates (80% complete) > Edit: 100% Complete
  2. Link all Synopses (35% complete) > Edit: 50% Complete
  3. Add Poll weeks for anime already voted on (20% complete)
  4. Add ID links to posts where suggestions were made (5% complete)
  5. Add Ratings w/ Suggestive Material listed (1% complete)

More to be added later. Once 1 is done, making the polls may be easier. 

Comments, Suggestions, and such are welcome.

Should I be posting this here or does it matter? Just curious. It's directly related to the suggestion thread, so I'm not sure how you guys want me to do it. Or if you want me to do it or not. 

... So many questions. I need to not be so insecure. 

† Christian Member †

It was more about making it to where I didn't need to visit two anime sites to get the date then link the synopsis. Plus I preferred the layout of one over another. Oh well. Not important.

Yes, this. As opposed to Blu-ray releases, different countries air dates, etc. 

Also, OoO for the spreadsheet is as follows:

• Update End Dates (80% complete) > Edit: 100% Complete
  • Link all Synopses (35% complete) > Edit: 50% Complete
  • Add Poll weeks for anime already voted on (20% complete)
  • Add ID links to posts where suggestions were made (5% complete)
  • Add Ratings w/ Suggestive Material listed (1% complete)
More to be added later. Once 1 is done, making the polls may be easier. 

Comments, Suggestions, and such are welcome.

Should I be posting this here or does it matter? Just curious. It's directly related to the suggestion thread, so I'm not sure how you guys want me to do it. Or if you want me to do it or not. 

... So many questions. I need to not be so insecure. 

I also prefer mal's layout to ann lol

I don't have a problem with you posting it here i could also help with some of the things you are working on when i have some time if you give me edit rights

I also prefer mal's layout to ann lol

I don't have a problem with you posting it here i could also help with some of the things you are working on when i have some time if you give me edit rights

Cool.

PM me your email please. I need it or I can't add you. I tried your name based on that comment reply, but it keeps complaining about it being an email. Weird. 

† Christian Member †

Hajime no Ippo!

>Avatar is of Casshern Sins

>Suggests Hajime no Ippo

Lol. But you need to give a reason to watch it and a link to a synopsis of the show (i.e. from MAL, ANN, or wtv). 

† Christian Member †

I'm sure someone saw this coming eventually, but here's my (pretty obvious) suggestion.

tumblr_static_fairy.tail.full.1294219.jp

Synopsis: Lucy Heartfilia is a young celestial wizard who runs away from home to join Fairy Tail, a rambunctious wizards' guild whose members are famous for their overly destructive antics. She is invited into the guild by Natsu Dragneel, a Dragon Slayer wizard from Fairy Tail with the abilities of a dragon, who travels the land of Fiore with his partner Happy, a blue flying cat, in search of his foster parent, a dragon named Igneel who had disappeared seven years earlier. Lucy forms a team with Natsu and Happy, and are later joined by an ice wizard Gray Fullbuster and an armored female wizard Erza Scarlet. The five take on various missions together, including the subjugation of illegal "dark" guilds and demons created by the ancient dark wizard Zeref.

Reasons I like/to watch: This anime provides an excellent blend of action, lighthearted tone, story, and even a certain kind of feels. There are many enjoyable characters to watch, action sequences are intense and desirable enough, and the show gives a lighthearted, yet powerful aura for both younger and older viewers. This show tends to be funnier (imo) than most shows that are primarily comedic, the story usually engages many different characters at the same time even if it primarily revolves only around one or two characters, and the "feels" of the show give a certain radiance of a type of idealism that is both honorable and realistic to achieve.

Closing thoughts: I'd like to note that this show can put you through quite the emotional ride, even though it doesn't look like it can. Finally, if you don't like the soundtrack - you're insane. 

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

-snip-

Fairy Tail was made by the guy who made Rave Master for anyone who doesn't know, so yeah. 

Sounds cool. I may watch at some point. I like long anime.

† Christian Member †

Fairy Tail was made by the guy who made Rave Master for anyone who doesn't know, so yeah. 

Sounds cool. I may watch at some point. I like long anime.

Yeah, I've seen a bit of Rave Master too. I need to watch it all though, especially considering how much I like Fairy Tail. 

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I´m Bloody Back! but i could not find my silver plate, sorry @Charger :(

First out DISGAEA!
iIFYEBM.jpg
All Hail Overlord Laharl Dood! An Anime based of the Game Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, although it does not follow its story 100%, its still worth watching whether you´ve played the games or not.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/860/Makai_Senki_Disgaea
It´s a Comedy with a slice of demon life (huehuehue) and randomness everywhere!!

NEXT!!!
TACTICAL ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! yep....they have twin lolies... in fox outfits.
snapshot20060907060306.jpg

http://myanimelist.net/anime/817/Tactical_Roar
Take Love Hina, ditch the inn and add Warships and other combat machines and you´ll get Tactical Roar! a anime about a female crew on a Battleship with 1 dude with pretty sweet Combat scenes...and twin lolies! YEP.
(i havent seen it in years but for whatever reason i cant get it out of my head. its good!

NEEEEXT!

Basilisk! 
banner_522.jpg

http://myanimelist.net/anime/67/Basilisk:_Kouga_Ninpou_Chou
Because i have not seen it (oh snap) But DAMN i love the visuals i´ve seen in pictures!! :o

"drinks some water" OK NEXT!

Air Gear (Manga is better)

24344782_Kopiya_Air_Gear_09.jpeg

http://myanimelist.net/anime/857/Air_Gear

It´s an odd one to say the least. Rollerblades with mini engines and skaters with super powers. its PvP on wheels People!

Read the manga. the end.

My Turn:

Mondaiji-Tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru sou Desu yo?

43369l.jpg

Synopsis:

Izayoi Sakamaki, Asuka Kudou, and You Kasukabe have tremendous psychic powers and are bored with the regular world. An envelope arrives for each person, and when each opens their envelope, they are stunned to see the scenery around them change to a world they had never encountered before. They've been summoned by the Black Rabbit to help the community "No Name" to overthrow the Devil King. MAL

My Thoughts:

It's a fun, refreshing series and it's only 11 eps long. Lots of action and thought-provoking moments... Needs a season 2 imo...

c8433f1f2c.png

i still don't get what people see in it

Should I watch Clannad? It has been in my on hold list for many months. Still in episode 5 :/

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

Should I watch Clannad? It has been in my on hold list for many months. Still in episode 5 :/

idk

it doesn't get my recommendation but most people seem to like it

Error: 410

Do you like feels?

Can you handle the slow-ish pacing?

If you answer yes to both, then please watch it (including After Story)...

Genei wo Kakeru TaiyouGenei wo Kakeru Taiyou

you will not regret

Please follow the thread's post rules (so that everyone can get an idea of the suggestion)...

Include a 'banner', synopsis, MAL/ANN link, and why you're suggesting it...

Thanks...