The Macbook Pro is actually NOT overpriced (With Ultrabook/Notebook Comparison Chart)

Henry

@OutaTheLoneWolf

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wz_1Y0aK6FZJUBb24xqT-dgQrN-XydvouAxXXbA8PU/edit

Zenbook is $50 cheaper from reseller, or same price with the rMBP 15in. And guess what?

rMBP has better display, quad core versus dual core i7, 256gb PCIe SSD versus 2x128gb regular SSDs in Raid 0 (still much slower than the pcie ssd), and has much better battery. The ONLY thing the zenbook does better is multi touch, and im sure the other pros of the rMBP beat the cons.

Your chart is shit.

Come on can you think of any program at all?

Come on.....

Prove me wrong.....

Why does it need a program that windows cant run? How about this, look at the specs. imagine it runs windows. Come on...prove me wrong...Stupid troll.

Until u do, im done with you. You fail to look at the fucking specs or even compare it to a windows machine with similar specs.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

ok, enough bashing of intelligence and epeen.

there is enough difference in what each has to say, that there is not going to be a

conclusion to make all parties agree.

these flamebait topics are not healthy to the community. share you opinion and move on.

any more member bashing and we'll have a new topic to talk about.

keep it civil and mature.

ok, enough bashing of intelligence and epeen.

there is enough difference in what each has to say, that there is not going to be a

conclusion to make all parties agree.

these flamebait topics are not healthy to the community. share you opinion and move on.

any more member bashing and we'll have a new topic to talk about.

keep it civil and mature.

Or we could keep it just to specs, since Macs support Windows and that would help prevent fanboys.

@OutaTheLoneWolf

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wz_1Y0aK6FZJUBb24xqT-dgQrN-XydvouAxXXbA8PU/edit

Zenbook is $50 cheaper from reseller, or same price with the rMBP 15in. And guess what?

rMBP has better display, quad core versus dual core i7, 256gb PCIe SSD versus 2x128gb regular SSDs in Raid 0 (still much slower than the pcie ssd), and has much better battery. The ONLY thing the zenbook does better is multi touch, and im sure the other pros of the rMBP beat the cons.

there are SO many more laptops than what you have on this shitlist

Unless you have a PROGRAM / APPLICATION that can only run on OSX that has NO WINDOWS / LINUX ALTERNITIVE.

A PC CAN RUN IT CHEAPER

ie: BETTER VALUE

ie: MORE AFORDABLE

Unless you just want to play more for a mac, then that's cool, I will save my money.

How many people actually look at laptops for performance for value anyways? your not going to get either, for a price point that's comparable with desktops anyways. The only things you're paying for are either mobility, which makes sense and I can slightly understand for business, or style, which to me is a bit pointless on a laptop. Call them what you will, note books, laptops, ultra books, its ultimately the same thing, a small, probably overpriced, mobile computer, nothing more, nothing less.

Then again, I've never needed a laptop, and will probably never waste my money on one either. They're a waste because by the time it goes bad, and you attempt to upgrade or fix it, it's just cheaper and better to buy another one. They are to computing, what console's are to gaming, a gimmick.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

there are SO many more laptops than what you have on this shitlist

Unless you have a PROGRAM / APPLICATION that can only run on OSX that has NO WINDOWS / LINUX ALTERNITIVE.

A PC CAN RUN IT CHEAPER

ie: BETTER VALUE

ie: MORE AFORDABLE

Unless you just want to play more for a mac, then that's cool, I will save my money.

K ill reply because u actually looked at it for once.

Show me a similar spec PC to the rMBP then. I used popular ultrabooks/notebooks. 

How many people actually look at laptops for performance for value anyways? your not going to get either, for a price point that's comparable with desktops anyways. The only things you're paying for are either mobility, which makes sense and I can slightly understand for business, or style, which to me is a bit pointless on a laptop. Call them what you will, note books, laptops, ultra books, its ultimately the same thing, a small, probably overpriced, mobile computer, nothing more, nothing less.

Then again, I've never needed a laptop, and will probably never waste my money on one either. They're a waste because by the time it goes bad, and you attempt to upgrade or fix it, it's just cheaper and better to buy another one. They are to computing, what console's are to gaming, a gimmick.

chromebook yo, email / doc's / youtube / web 

all for just $250

Oh I forgot you can VM osx on any pc if you know what you are doing.

o-o

9223117.gif

Did u just compare running full OS X with a VM? I've tried it on my cheap laptop ($400 2 years ago), it puts my laptop to shame running another windows or os x in a vm. Plus its a pain in the ass to set it up, unless u use a pre-setup VMware file (which i did, but was still slow as balls since my laptop is crap).

Guys, he (the op) is obviously one of those deranged fanboys that cannot be reasoned with or argued with, in his mind he cannot be wrong. Just like fans of naruto.

This thread is either a marketing gimmick by a fanboy/apple employee which wouldn't suprise me due to apple's reputation, or just another troll. Someone kill this thread

chromebook yo, email / doc's / youtube / web 

all for just $250

And its a great value for what YOU do with it. Not others. The specs are horrible compared to expensive laptops of course. Just show us a similar spec PC that isnt on the chart compared to a rMBP. 

Guys, he (the op) is obviously one of those deranged fanboys that cannot be reasoned with or argued with, in his mind he cannot be wrong. Just like fans of naruto.

This thread is either a marketing gimmick by a fanboy/apple employee which wouldn't suprise me due to apple's reputation, or just another troll. Someone kill this thread

Naruto is cool, too many damn fillers.

Fine, lets say im wrong. about everything. EXCEPT specs and pricing. Just look at specs. I know u like looking at specs. Im a PC guy too. 

Ill make it easy for you:

Feel free to give me the info for Acer Aspire S7 or Dell XPS 12/13/15 to add to the chart. Or other similar spec notebooks/ultrabooks with the rMBP

OP: Well going to try and tell the internet that a MBP isn't that bad. 

Internet: No you're wrong and we don't know why. 

OP: http://i.minus.com/iR8eXtVL6Mr2I.gif

Actually it's like this.

OP: I am going to try and tell the internet that the MBP isn't that bad.

Internet: No you're wrong and here is why ..... Your chart is full of marketing bullshit which has no actual meaning.

OP: I will not reply to your criticism. I will try to find someone else to do that for me because I don't actually know what I am talking about!

Actually it's like this.

Internet: No you're wrong and here is why ..... Your chart is full of marketing bullshit which has no actual meaning.

OP: I will not reply to your criticism. I will try to find someone else to do that for me because I don't actually know what I am talking about!

I changed the chart. People thought it had a touch of fanboyism so I just put purely specs. Now theres really no point in saying its overpriced, specs is mostly what the forum members care about, many people including me are PC guys too.

That was just for the developer work section. Thats it. specs speak the truth in this forum, yet no one reads it. 

K ill reply because u actually looked at it for once.

Show me a similar spec PC to the rMBP then. I used popular ultrabooks/notebooks. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231630

Better gpu, more storage, more memory

And if you say "oh the display is not retina..."

You can buy another, high res display and plug it in.

The Gpu makes up for anything it be for gaming or not, applications as Photoshop and Sony Vegas will lag that iris pro out when rendering. 

Once again, hardware spec's are meaningless for apple since apple doesn't make any hardware other than screens and cases and such. They don't to my knowledge make gpu's, cpu's or anything else of that nature.

Apple is a brand, NOTHING more, there is NOTHING, that a mac or apple product can do, that is impossible for a windows or linux machine to do (meaning it cannot be made to do that thing). Because of that FACT, apple is no better than anyone else.

They provide no compelling "value" to the average consumer. Support? windows has loads of support as its what MOST OF THE MARKET uses. And as for linux, well it isn't really support, but all you do is go online and ask someone and they're 99% likely to know the answer, or someone who does.

Mac offers nothing, NOTHING, but a label and a case that looks "good" which I completely disagree with, I hate the way everything from apple looks. Mainly because it looks like an apple (product)

I changed the chart. People thought it had a touch of fanboyism so I just put purely specs. Now theres really no point in saying its overpriced, specs is mostly what the forum members care about, many people including me are PC guys too.

I still think it's very overpriced. Just because a Lambo costs more than a Ferrari doesn't mean the Ferrari is reasonably priced.

Once again, hardware spec's are meaningless for apple since apply doesn't make any hardware other than screens and cases and such. They don't to my knowledge make gpu's, cpu's or anything else of that nature.

They don't make screens or cases either. They hire other companies to produce them. They make CPU architectures though, and software.

Actually it's like this.

Don't we always fall for the 'marketing bullshit' in the end though?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313740

Buy an ssd and a high res monitor still cheaper and more effective.

design, battery life, build quality, and form factor are worth something. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Nevermind, @LAwLz, I misread your comment.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231630

Better gpu, more storage, more memory

And if you say "oh the display is not retina..."

You can buy another, high res display and plug it in.

The Gpu makes up for anything it be for gaming or not, applications as Photoshop and Sony Vegas will lag that iris pro out when rendering. 

1. Fat

2. Heavy

3. It says up to 3.5 hours. And generally, that means its like 3 or less. Compared to 10 hours 7 minutes on the verges battery test for the rMBP.

4. Its a hard drive. 1tb hard drive is like $50. 256gb PCIe SSD is like $320.

5. Plastic

6. 1080p. 1600p monitors are expensive as balls. the BIG NAME brand. Not the no name korean monitors.

Also the specs arent similar to the rMBP , hard to compare. Lik your chromebook, meant for literally just web browsing. This is meant for serious gaming. 

so, have Apple user's gotten SD cards yet?

OR dare I say the ability to use a standardized charging cable instead of a proprietary piece of shit cable meant to break just before the warranty ends? AND doesn't cost an arm and a leg?