The Macbook Pro is actually NOT overpriced (With Ultrabook/Notebook Comparison Chart)

Henry

in all seriousness though, i dont understand the hate on macbooks and apple computers in general. while some companies go for all out performance and power, macs are more for the looks. not to say that they cant do all the work pc's can do. but its really all personal choice. i personally think nothing wrong with osx, i used it for 4-5 years for school work and it worked perfect. never experienced any problems (hardware/performance wise) and it worked flawlessly for work and worked great with media work too. so with the new macbooks that come out almost annually, i personally think theyre great for the audience theyre aimed at. gaming laptops are great for what THEYRE aimed at. all of the hate and comparisons make absolutely no sense when the machines were made to do different tasks. macs are all around lifestyle fitting machines while gaming laptops are meant for gaming. i dont see the confusion in that :/

I agree 100%

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

I like it more for browsing and doing what the general consensus of Apple users do. Hardcore people, get a pc.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

in all seriousness though, i dont understand the hate on macbooks and apple computers in general. while some companies go for all out performance and power, macs are more for the looks. not to say that they cant do all the work pc's can do. but its really all personal choice. i personally think nothing wrong with osx, i used it for 4-5 years for school work and it worked perfect. never experienced any problems (hardware/performance wise) and it worked flawlessly for work and worked great with media work too. so with the new macbooks that come out almost annually, i personally think theyre great for the audience theyre aimed at. gaming laptops are great for what THEYRE aimed at. all of the hate and comparisons make absolutely no sense when the machines were made to do different tasks. macs are all around lifestyle fitting machines while gaming laptops are meant for gaming. i dont see the confusion in that :/

Besides, I'd be willing to bet thin gaming laptops wouldn't be a thing if it wasn't for Apple laptops. So many of their designs look like macbooks in black with some gamer logo and color scheme sticked on.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Comparing Macbooks to desktops :L

You could build a desktop for cheaper that will perform better than laptops in general.

Whatever happened to the self built laptop market anyway I heard about it twice and knew a person who was thinking about it but that was it xD.

yes, but the actuall hardware in the Macbook pro is REALLY expensive even if you get samy parts for a PC, but if you get more realistic parts you can make a better say gaming PC than that thing ever will be.

/repeating stuff i learned last time this topic came up.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Besides, I'd be willing to bet thin gaming laptops wouldn't be a thing if it wasn't for Apple laptops. So many of their designs look like macbooks in black with some gamer logo and color scheme sticked on.

tell me about it. i put my razer blade next to my bro's macbook and they were near twins.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Not competitively priced? Did u not even look at the chart...

In terms of raw performance, why would apple need more vendors? They are already having great performance, just not for gaming because they aren't designed with gaming in mind.

Its you , not u

and your chart is garbage

mSata is basically over the PCIe Buss so the Macs are probably using mSata but Apple just wrote PCIe

CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X Extreme Edition     Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme11     RAM: 64GB Corsair Platinum 2400mhz     GPU: R9 295x2 (x2)     Case: Corsair 900D     Storage: OCZ ZD4CM84-HH-600G(600GB)+Hitachi 0F18335(6TB)(x6)

PSU: Corsair AX1500i     Display(s): Asus PB287Q (x3)     Cooling: Custom Loop from EK Waterblocks     Keyboard: Corsair Mechanical Cherry MX RGB (Prototype) Don't Ask

Mouse: MadCatz Rat 9 (For 3D Content Creation) or Steelseries Sensei (For Gaming)     Sound: SteelSeries Siberia Elite + Asus Xonar Essence Sound Card

i love how people just immediately think it's overpriced without looking at the spec comparison sheet.

Terrible "spec comparison sheet" isn't supposed to be looked at; it's supposed to be laughed at.

$700 laptop can easily beat both of the macbooks in performance; for better build quality there are obviously better ones for higher price(still lower than macbook, such as Asus g550jk).

In chart there was 870m...which is way overkill for beating macbook.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Apple is overpriced, over-stylized, over-engineered, and not very compatible with other things. It's junk.

Name one thing, just one thing, that apple can do that any other system cannot do.

In fact name something that any OS can do, that Linux can't.

Granted, I am on a windows 7 pc right now. Only because that's just what I've just been raised on, If I had more knowledge, I'd be on linux like probably a lot of you are.

Edit: and then their is also the innate shame of being associated with typical mac users.

The_Typical_Mac_User.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/chrome-os-devices/XE303C12-A01US

Is better than any mac because I do not do gaming, all I do is some document editing, scanning the web, and accessing my email.

It is also $1000 cheaper than any Macbook Pro , $650 cheaper than Macbook air.

Come on OP we want to fight.

I like it more for browsing and doing what the general consensus of Apple users do. Hardcore people, get a pc.

it really depends on what u do. It's great for developer work and moderate gaming

http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/chrome-os-devices/XE303C12-A01US

Is better than any mac because I do not do gaming, all I do is some document editing, scanning the web, and accessing my email.

It is also $1000 cheaper than any Macbook Pro , $650 cheaper than Macbook air.

Come on OP we want to fight.

OK so u can compared a crap ass chrome book to a mac for being much cheaper...

1. Completely different tiers of performance and usage

2. If it's good for your uses than OK, I can understand that, but what u said applies to everything more expensive than a Chrome book, including alot of Windows machine..

Terrible "spec comparison sheet" isn't supposed to be looked at; it's supposed to be laughed at.

$700 laptop can easily beat both of the macbooks in performance; for better build quality there are obviously better ones for higher price(still lower than macbook, such as Asus g550jk).

In chart there was 870m...which is way overkill for beating macbook.

1. Clearly u didn't see the extra amount of money u had to pay to get a 870, ignored the fact it had much more expensive PCIe ssd's, and has a more expensive processor. Oh yeah it also has double the battery life

2. Lol go ahead, show me a comparison between a rMBP and a cheap Windows machine with the same specs.

Apple is overpriced, over-stylized, over-engineered, and not very compatible with other things. It's junk.

Name one thing, just one thing, that apple can do that any other system cannot do.

In fact name something that any OS can do, that Linux can't.

Granted, I am on a windows 7 pc right now. Only because that's just what I've just been raised on, If I had more knowledge, I'd be on linux like probably a lot of you are.

Edit: and then their is also the innate shame of being associated with typical mac users.

The_Typical_Mac_User.jpg

one thing they do that others can't? Make a great quality phones. I mean cmon, everything is just crap. Except for HTC one, HTC was awesome with that. And have u seen the build quality of a MacBook? I haven't seen anything better than it. Also, the engineering to keep the Mac pro the size it is, is incredible, even pc guys like Linus thought that.

I don't use Linux distros, so I have no idea how to comment on that.

I don't own a mac, but I'd love to see how u compare a rMBP with a similar spec Windows machine. Seriously, no one is successfully telling me spec for spec it is overpriced compared to other Windows machines.. One guy did, it was a horrible comparison where the Mac actually won..

I wouldn't feel ashamed when I get a mac because of the typical mac user. I live in the US , I shouldn't feel bad for being associated with one of the dumbest countries. Plus I'm Asian

Its you , not u

and your chart is garbage

Amazing, I give so many fucks about that. /s

I'd love to see u compare SIMILAR SPEC (not a god dam chrome book, that's just sad, even for a fanboy) Windows machine with a rMBP and show me that and prove to me that the rMBP is overpriced

mSata is basically over the PCIe Buss so the Macs are probably using mSata but Apple just wrote PCIe

I've seen benchmarks, it's definitely PCIe. Msata would get murdered

@Henry meh, you'll eventually get tired of people rolling their eyes when you talk about the phone, they aren't that great from what I've always heard, just more talked up crap, which is like just about any company lol.

I have a windows 8 phone (and I get tired of people laughing) it works for me, for what I need to do. I've never had an issue with it freezing up, ever. All I need it for is getting on here, youtube, wikipedia, etc. I dont game on it (especially now that I've got all this free time). And as for build quality? I've had it for almost 2 years now, with a simple silicone "case" on it, dropped it at least 3 times daily, and the screen is still perfect, not a scratch.

And the battery holds a charge for over a week if I dont get any calls or messages or anything.

I have just never seen the point of apple products other than "I've got an apple" because thats all I've ever seen apple users do with them, brag.

Edit: Granted, it IS on verizon....hardly the phones fault though.

Amazing, I give so many fucks about that. /s

I'd love to see u compare SIMILAR SPEC (not a god dam chrome book, that's just sad, even for a fanboy) Windows machine with a rMBP and show me that and prove to me that the rMBP is overpriced

Well, I wouldn't say they're not overpriced at all.... They're definitely a bit overpriced considering you can get a windows pc with higher specs that performs similarly for less. However, with a Mac you also get higher grade materials, better build qualities, and a computer, which is more likely to last for a long time--my 7 year old mbp still works great--albeit a bit slow when doing multiple things on it--but if I wasn't such a power-hungry user it would still be more than enough; and that slow down could also be caused by the fact that theres no ssd in it. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

^

Why is a mac extremist in a forum with a bunch of pc extremists?

Linus almost never dose any apple related videos so I am curious.

I'm not a mac extremist. I'm a pc guy but I defend everything that deserves to be defended. Like AMD in a fanboy war or when people say a macbook is overpriced

Well, I wouldn't say they're not overpriced at all.... They're definitely a bit overpriced considering you can get a windows pc with higher specs that performs similarly for less. However, with a Mac you also get higher grade materials, better build qualities, and a computer, which is more likely to last for a long time--my 7 year old mbp still works great--albeit a bit slow when doing multiple things on it--but if I wasn't such a power-hungry user it would still be more than enough.

There not overpriced. They just have really good displays, PCIe ssd's, beast battery life, and the other things u said. Great performance as well

@Henry meh, you'll eventually get tired of people rolling their eyes when you talk about the phone, they aren't that great from what I've always heard, just more talked up crap, which is like just about any company lol.

I have a windows 8 phone (and I get tired of people laughing) it works for me, for what I need to do. I've never had an issue with it freezing up, ever. All I need it for is getting on here, youtube, wikipedia, etc. I dont game on it (especially now that I've got all this free time). And as for build quality? I've had it for almost 2 years now, with a simple silicone "case" on it, dropped it at least 3 times daily, and the screen is still perfect, not a scratch.

And the battery holds a charge for over a week if I dont get any calls or messages or anything.

I have just never seen the point of apple products other than "I've got an apple" because thats all I've ever seen apple users do with them, brag.

Edit: Granted, it IS on verizon....hardly the phones fault though.

well I haven't seen great build quality phones except from Apple and HTC. Dropping it and not scratching it doesn't really count, since u had a case. I've Dropped my stupid s4 many times and no scratches, just on the case.

Well the rMBP isn't overpriced, mac pro is an engineering feat that even Linus complimented it and he even said it's not overpriced but it uses very high quality and expensive parts, and I find iPhones to be quite nice, though I'm waiting for the iPhone 6. Until then, I own an android

My case amounts to soft silicone with the consistency of rubber, and doesn't protect or cover the screen at all.

My biggest problem with Apple, is stuff like this, WARNING, OFFENSIVE CONTENT:

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=apple_store_ban

His website is highly offensive, but he makes A LOT of good points that are hard to argue with.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

An old but good breakdown of the Iphone..

I agree, they're not overpriced but the pre-purchase upgrades you can get are too pricey for what they are, but most people who want the upgrade wouldn't know how to install new RAM, or SSDs. You pay for a decent machine with amazing build quality, and yeah, they look pretty.

I do agree with the OP that the macbook pro isn't overpriced. But that's just IMO and when it comes to laptops I think what a laptop is worth really comes down to personal preference.

The macbook pro's specs aren't anything special and you could probably get an windows machine with slightly better specs for the same money but the pure specs only a part of a whole laptops "value". I think things like battery life, trackpad, design and build quality add an immense value to a MBPr while windows machines have things like touchscreens and convertible features which again have a certain value for the end user. IMO macbooks also age more gracefully than windows machines and often  have higher resale price.

OK so u can compared a crap ass chrome book to a mac for being much cheaper...

1. Completely different tiers of performance and usage

2. If it's good for your uses than OK, I can understand that, but what u said applies to everything more expensive than a Chrome book, including alot of Windows machine..

According to why you keep shooting down windows pc's my argument is completely valid as to why it is better than a mac. 

2 years of ownership and 0 problems

1TXAjXD.jpg

5 years of owning 7 store visits, 3 replacement parts and $1500 more overall

NJEUWzr.jpg

Bringing the conversation to this thread instead.

I added a note at the bottom of my chart that shows why it's designed for developers. For professional work, we'll, I'm no professional but I can ask some

You just keep adding more and more bullshit marketing material to your chart.

* OS X allows developers to develop truly native iOS apps for one.
#Swift

Well first of all, what exactly does "truly native iOS apps" mean? The "#Swift" leads me to believe that you think that something written in Swift means that it's "truly native iOS". Does that mean that an app written in Obj-C is not "truly native"? Why not?
Like I said in the other thread, Swift is crap:

Swift sucks balls by the way. It's slower than Python (in some situations) for crying out loud. Even if you ignore the awful performance, you still have to remember that it's a programming language that only works on one platform.
That kind of propitiatory crap is what we should stay as far away as possible from. Even C# is cross-platform (albeit only because of Mono).

It uses Unix as its kernel, the terminal is Unix thus it's similar to the linux command line.

No it doesn't. You don't even know what Unix is, do you?
First of all, OS X doesn't "use Unix as its kernel". OS X is Unix certified which means that it meets certain criteria set by the Open Group. The kernel OS X uses is called XNU (stands for "X is Not Unix") and is based on the Mach kernel (and parts from FreeBSD as well).
Secondly, "the terminal us Unix" is not true either. Unix is an operating system (a really old one at that) or a certificate. What you probably meant is that OS X uses bash. It's the same as most GNU/Linux distros uses by default as well, and you can get it on Windows if you want. It's nice if you like bash, and it comes with many useful things, but that's about it. I wouldn't really say it's awesome for "professional work and developers" though.

Terminal has a lot of developer things pre installed, like Ruby, Git, etc.

Oh good, because it's such a pain in the ass to install stuff. Glad I got this 2000 dollar laptop so that I don't have to spend 1 minute downloading and installing Ruby...

You have the option of developing for iOS and OS X , along with Linux and Windows.

Well first of all, this is only relevant if you want to develop for iOS or OS X.
You could just run OS X in a virtual machine if that was the case. It is not as good as running OS X natively (which you could with a hackintosh) but again, that's only relevant if you want to develop for iOS or OS X. The same argument could be made for any platform.
It's best to have Windows Phone 8 if you want to develop for Windows Phone 8. It's best to run Windows if you want to develop for Windows. It's best to have an Android device if you want to develop for Android.
You can install OS X on a Windows machine, and you can install Windows on an OS X machine (and the same is true for GNU/Linux) so it's not really an argument.

The multiple desktops is great, combined with the trackpad multitasking, especially when working with lots of code is wayyyyyyy easier.

Many linux distros have multiple desktops but they don't have the trackpad.

Multiple desktops exists for Windows (third party) and GNU/Linux (standard in a lot of distros) as well. Also, I prefer multiple monitors over multiple desktops.

You are right with the trackpad though. That's bordering on baby duck syndrome though, since a lot of virtual desktop programs (such as Dexpot) lets you set hotkeys or hot corners or something to quickly change between the desktops. There is also VirtuaWin which is an open source desktop manager for Windows.

OS X is very light, and it manages memory insanely well. Rather than trying to have as much free memory as possible (like windows) it tries to utilize as much memory as possible, it doesn't want to waste idle RAM. By doing that you get faster application and file performance. When RAM loads gets high, OS X offloads less important things to the paging files to free up RAM, and with the PCI-E SSDs there is very little noticeable performance loss. Windows uses paging files but nowhere near as smart as OS X. Directories on OS X are simple, no need to dig a million folders to get a program file or a system file. That's great for making scripts and such that utilize other apps.

This is just flat out wrong. I have no idea where you got this bullshit from.

Windows does not try to keep as much memory free as possible. Ever heard of SuperFetch? It's not something they would have if they tried to keep RAM usage as low as possible. It also keeps a lot of stuff in RAM even after it is closed. You can try this with your browser. Restart your computer and then start your browser. It will probably take a while for it to open for the first time. Now close it and open it again. It will be much faster the second time since the files are kept in RAM even when the program is closed. Again, this is not something they would have implemented if they wanted to keep as much memory free as possible.

I would like a detailed explanation of how the paging done in OS X is superior to Windows as well.

The directory structure is personal preferences as well, not some objective proof to OS X being superior to Windows. I don't see how that makes it better for scripting either.

-shitty macbook-

MacBooks have always been terrible, and never could compete even remotely with the mbp. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I agree, they're not overpriced but the pre-purchase upgrades you can get are too pricey for what they are, but most people who want the upgrade wouldn't know how to install new RAM, or SSDs. You pay for a decent machine with amazing build quality, and yeah, they look pretty.

Upgrades are pricey, but they're worth it. Which one is overpriced

According to why you keep shooting down windows pc's my argument is completely valid as to why it is better than a mac.

2 years of ownership and 0 problems

1TXAjXD.jpg

5 years of owning 7 store visits, 3 replacement parts and $1500 more overall

NJEUWzr.jpg

You must be damn retarded. I said SPEC WISE it is retarded to compare, but if all u need is a chromebook, then fine, use it, tho its surprising a LTT member is fine with just a chromebook.

What were the problems about? Plus you were most likely unlucky. Just because u had problems in those 5 years doesnt mean everyone does. Plus are u trying to imply Apple makes bad quality stuff that breaks down?

The only point im making is that its not overpriced, and spec for spec its good. Idk why u compare a damn chromebook to a macbook..or any windows machine. The specs are pieces of crap, and its meant for literally just web browsing and like google docs..

Bringing the conversation to this thread instead.

You just keep adding more and more bullshit marketing material to your chart.

Well first of all, what exactly does "truly native iOS apps" mean? The "#Swift" leads me to believe that you think that something written in Swift means that it's "truly native iOS". Does that mean that an app written in Obj-C is not "truly native"? Why not?

Like I said in the other thread, Swift is crap:

No it doesn't. You don't even know what Unix is, do you?

First of all, OS X doesn't "use Unix as its kernel". OS X is Unix certified which means that it meets certain criteria set by the Open Group. The kernel OS X uses is called XNU (stands for "X is Not Unix") and is based on the Mach kernel (and parts from FreeBSD as well).

Secondly, "the terminal us Unix" is not true either. Unix is an operating system (a really old one at that) or a certificate. What you probably meant is that OS X uses bash. It's the same as most GNU/Linux distros uses by default as well, and you can get it on Windows if you want. It's nice if you like bash, and it comes with many useful things, but that's about it. I wouldn't really say it's awesome for "professional work and developers" though.

Oh good, because it's such a pain in the ass to install stuff. Glad I got this 2000 dollar laptop so that I don't have to spend 1 minute downloading and installing Ruby...

Well first of all, this is only relevant if you want to develop for iOS or OS X.

You could just run OS X in a virtual machine if that was the case. It is not as good as running OS X natively (which you could with a hackintosh) but again, that's only relevant if you want to develop for iOS or OS X. The same argument could be made for any platform.

It's best to have Windows Phone 8 if you want to develop for Windows Phone 8. It's best to run Windows if you want to develop for Windows. It's best to have an Android device if you want to develop for Android.

You can install OS X on a Windows machine, and you can install Windows on an OS X machine (and the same is true for GNU/Linux) so it's not really an argument.

Multiple desktops exists for Windows (third party) and GNU/Linux (standard in a lot of distros) as well. Also, I prefer multiple monitors over multiple desktops.

You are right with the trackpad though. That's bordering on baby duck syndrome though, since a lot of virtual desktop programs (such as Dexpot) lets you set hotkeys or hot corners or something to quickly change between the desktops. There is also VirtuaWin which is an open source desktop manager for Windows.

This is just flat out wrong. I have no idea where you got this bullshit from.

Windows does not try to keep as much memory free as possible. Ever heard of SuperFetch? It's not something they would have if they tried to keep RAM usage as low as possible. It also keeps a lot of stuff in RAM even after it is closed. You can try this with your browser. Restart your computer and then start your browser. It will probably take a while for it to open for the first time. Now close it and open it again. It will be much faster the second time since the files are kept in RAM even when the program is closed. Again, this is not something they would have implemented if they wanted to keep as much memory free as possible.

I would like a detailed explanation of how the paging done in OS X is superior to Windows as well.

The directory structure is personal preferences as well, not some objective proof to OS X being superior to Windows. I don't see how that makes it better for scripting either.

@aaron7pm You can reply to this.

@aaron7pm You can reply to this.

Why can't you reply to it? I mean, it's you that wrote the original statement I am replying to.

Don't rely on others to back up the claims you make.

You pay $1000+ for a laptop with a integrated intel GPU.

Ahem....post-11253-0-17623500-1404661256_thumb.p

That's how a lot of ultrabooks are..

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Which one is overpriced

SSD/Ram/any accessories. 

What were the problems about? Plus you were most likely unlucky. Just because u had problems in those 5 years doesnt mean everyone does. Plus are u trying to imply Apple makes bad quality stuff that breaks down?

He's definitely not alone, the plastic MacBooks were such unbelievable garbage. I don't know a single person who had one that didn't have multiple problems with it. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler