The Macbook Pro is actually NOT overpriced (With Ultrabook/Notebook Comparison Chart)

Henry

That's because we already know about windows (or at least I pray people you do). This post is just about talking about comparisons. Most people already have the windows info but not the Mac. I know I don't and I found that helpful.

Do you know the difference between a <comparison> table and a poster? I don't care if I know about this, that link is not what it claims to be, and might mislead people into more fanboy wars.

and might mislead people into more fanboy wars.

Totally agree with this. As right as the poster might be I HATE fanboy wars. Especially in the audio forum *shiver* pissed off audiophiles scare me.  :lol:

And emphasis on "it isn't meant for gamers".

The reason its so expensive is because of the other things it has to offer. Like a 512gb pcie ssd (expensive as my left testicle) 

Is your left testicle made of gold?

What is peoples obsession with testicles and why is there always a specific side?

What is peoples obsession with testicles and why is there always a specific side?

1. Not going to comment

2. Is there such thing as a dominant testicle?

1. Not going to comment

lol :)

lol :)

Figured there would be too many different reasons...

People are gona buy what there gona buy, its like i like pears and you like apples

Me: "Well you should eat pears instead of apples because..."

You : "No dude, I am going to pay more for my apples because I like apples."

Me : "Oh, ok, cool."

*sigh* if only that was true  :(

When a person says Apple and they are not talking about the fruit its over priced.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

When a person says Apple and they are not talking about the fruit its over priced.

Not really. 

People are gona buy what there gona buy, its like i like pears and you like apples

Me: "Well you should eat pears instead of apples because..."

You : "No dude, I am going to pay more for my apples because I like apples."

If only people on this forum understood that. And its really only ever on forums. 

I never come across "fanboys" in real life. I mean, all the people I know have preferences but they aren't like the 12 year olds of the internet make them seem like. 

The funny thing is this...

I paid 2 grand on my MBP. At the time, everything with the criteria I wanted either started at 2 grand or higher. Choice wasn't really a thing. So I went with whatever got me the better education + staff discount. And guess what that was? 

But see, personal choice doesn't mean shit to internet keyboard warriors. Cause now that they've lost the "Apple is overpriced" argument they'll make the "Only morons buy a 2 grand laptop anyways" argument. And it doesn't matter what I tell them for rationale (not that it matters, cause I don't need to explain my choices to anyone except my credit card statement) and they'll still say "HURR DURR DURR DERP APPLE SUXXORS NOOB IDIOT COULDVE BUILT A PC FOR LESS HURR DURR DURR"

Always ends the same way on the internet, no matter what you discuss. 

See, idiots will always drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. Its better not to play the game, for thats how you truly end up winning. And preserving some brain cells.

Like a 512gb pcie ssd (expensive as my left testicle) 

math time

Samsung XP941 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD  $636.13 ebay (out of stock newegg / amazon but around same price point)

Based upon the current spot gold price of:  $1,321.30

There are approximately 14.583 troy ounces in an avoirdupois pound.

Precious metals are always quoted in troy ounces (31.1 grams), as apposed to the standard avoirdupois ounce of 28 grams.

The weight of 0.033014  pounds of gold is worth:  $636.13

Your testicle weighs 0.033014 pounds / 14.9749 Gram

1 gram (g) of gold = 0.052 cubic centimeters (cc - cm3) in gold

Your left testicle has a volume of .7786 cm3

You. Doctor. Now. 

In this thread, I will be comparing popular ultrabooks/notebooks including: Macbook Pro with Retina Display 13in and 15in, Razer Blade, Asus Zenbook, and Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro.

Here's a chart I made:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wz_1Y0aK6FZJUBb24xqT-dgQrN-XydvouAxXXbA8PU/edit?usp=sharing

Looking at this, I still don't see why people find Macbooks to be so overpriced :\ . Like seriously, they are actually very competitively priced spec for spec in this chart. And besides specs, the support is awesome.

While looking up all the specs, I realized something: Intel, why the hell are the prices for your mobile chips so damn expensive...

BTW if someone can tell me how to make a chart within the post, tell me.

yeah okay sure............

You're entitled to your opinion.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

math time

Samsung XP941 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD  $636.13 ebay (out of stock newegg / amazon but around same price point)

Based upon the current spot gold price of:  $1,321.30

There are approximately 14.583 troy ounces in an avoirdupois pound.

Precious metals are always quoted in troy ounces (31.1 grams), as apposed to the standard avoirdupois ounce of 28 grams.

The weight of 0.033014  pounds of gold is worth:  $636.13

Your testicle weighs 0.033014 pounds / 14.9749 Gram

1 gram (g) of gold = 0.052 cubic centimeters (cc - cm3) in gold

Your left testicle has a volume of .7786 cm3

You. Doctor. Now. 

Thats it. Thread over.

This belongs in r/theydidthemath

The Macbook Pro is actually NOT overpriced

THIS IS "THE ARGUMENT"

http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-blade

$2699* - 870M / Intel® Core™ i7-4702HQ Quad Core Processor with Hyper Threading 2.2GHz / 3.2GHz

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=ME294LL/A&step=config

$2600 - 750M / 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz

High end Apple skimps on the graphics 

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MD101LL/A&step=config

$1200

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834257667

$700

So for $500 more you get a aluminum unibody , osx , and a better QA

Low end its more expensive for the same hardware.

Because apple has no competition to sell there mac's AND THEY KNOW THIS they are going to charge you more.

The Macbook Pro is actually NOT overpriced FOR A MAC, COMPARED TO MAC'S

ONLY TO MAC'S

ONLY TO APPLE

I have used my g73's my mom's macbook touch pad which was much better, a few older hp laptop touch pads which were pretty good too, and a really old mac powerbook that was ok, but the little push rubber thing in the center of my old ibm think pad is by far the worst pointer device I have ever used, had the accuracy of a bull that is blind with mad cow disease trying to find its way out of a china shop.

the last part LMAO IM DYING ON IN MY BED RN.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

You pay $1000+ for a laptop with a integrated intel GPU.

Yes that is what you do for all the ultra books. There is simply no way to put a higher TDP part in them and cool it adequately. They do put in the fastest integrated graphics there are tho...

I never found Apple, in particular, overcharging much. Their products are expensive, but other comparable machines are just as pricey. Let's face it. Combining light, long battery life, fast, thin, and everything else, is not cheap.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

BTW if someone can tell me how to make a chart within the post, tell me.

Take a snapshot of the excel chart with "Snipping Tool" and upload it as a picture

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

Its hard to say this but no it is not "competitively priced".

There is a $400 difference in price for equal hardware (until you hit the 2k mark then you should just get a desktop)

That $400 goes to better build quality (the physical housing) and quality control.

If they drop the price $200 (In my opinion) then yes it would be "competitively priced".

If you are in the talking of raw computer performance per $ windows wins because of different vendors as apple has no other mac competitors.

Not competitively priced? Did u not even look at the chart...

In terms of raw performance, why would apple need more vendors? They are already having great performance, just not for gaming because they aren't designed with gaming in mind.

If only people on this forum understood that. And its really only ever on forums.

I never come across "fanboys" in real life. I mean, all the people I know have preferences but they aren't like the 12 year olds of the internet make them seem like.

The funny thing is this...

I paid 2 grand on my MBP. At the time, everything with the criteria I wanted either started at 2 grand or higher. Choice wasn't really a thing. So I went with whatever got me the better education + staff discount. And guess what that was?

But see, personal choice doesn't mean shit to internet keyboard warriors. Cause now that they've lost the "Apple is overpriced" argument they'll make the "Only morons buy a 2 grand laptop anyways" argument. And it doesn't matter what I tell them for rationale (not that it matters, cause I don't need to explain my choices to anyone except my credit card statement) and they'll still say "HURR DURR DURR DERP APPLE SUXXORS NOOB IDIOT COULDVE BUILT A PC FOR LESS HURR DURR DURR"

Always ends the same way on the internet, no matter what you discuss.

See, idiots will always drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. Its better not to play the game, for thats how you truly end up winning. And preserving some brain cells.

winners never quit :P

I shall win the argument

You're entitled to your opinion.

i love how people just immediately think it's overpriced without looking at the spec comparison sheet.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wz_1Y0aK6FZJUBb24xqT-dgQrN-XydvouAxXXbA8PU/edit

"OSX has this, that, and has this feature implemented better than Windows, meanwhile, I won't mention anything about the other system to make sure it's an even race"

that's because u can get Windows anyways... If u want I can see what Windows has, but then it would only make the Mac have even more options..

Why did you choose those others laptops in particular?

those were some popular portable laptops/ultrabooks. I plan on adding the Acer Aspire S7 or the Dell XPS 12/13/15

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

in all seriousness though, i dont understand the hate on macbooks and apple computers in general. while some companies go for all out performance and power, macs are more for the looks. not to say that they cant do all the work pc's can do. but its really all personal choice. i personally think nothing wrong with osx, i used it for 4-5 years for school work and it worked perfect. never experienced any problems (hardware/performance wise) and it worked flawlessly for work and worked great with media work too. so with the new macbooks that come out almost annually, i personally think theyre great for the audience theyre aimed at. gaming laptops are great for what THEYRE aimed at. all of the hate and comparisons make absolutely no sense when the machines were made to do different tasks. macs are all around lifestyle fitting machines while gaming laptops are meant for gaming. i dont see the confusion in that :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)