The Macbook Pro is actually NOT overpriced (With Ultrabook/Notebook Comparison Chart)

Henry

2. No you have said many, many, MANY times it is about the build quality.

Maybe he was talking about the Macbook Pro, not the Macbook?

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Why can't you reply to it? I mean, it's you that wrote the original statement I am replying to.

Don't rely on others to back up the claims you make.

People kept asking me why its good for developers and called it BS. I had some reasons (not much because i dont have a mac), but mostly I just asked my developer friend to give me some statements on why he thinks its good for developers. Hes got crediblity. aarondancer.com and the owner of 7pmTech

Ahem....attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-06-18 at 20.51.05.png

That's how a lot of ultrabooks are..

EXACTLY, why is it that people bash on macbook pro retina displays and call it overpriced, when there is that? Just because it has Windows they dont bash on it..ok

SSD/Ram/any accessories.

He's definitely not alone, the plastic MacBooks were such unbelievable garbage. I don't know a single person who had one that didn't have multiple problems with it.

Dont forget, PCIe ssds are over $1/gb.

Then again, Im talking about Macbook Pros...and the retina ones..I have no experience with w.e the old MB's were, tho I know they're super old

-snip-

Build quality is one of the reasons. Plus the thread is about "THE MACBOOK PRO IS NOT OVERPRICED". Prove to me, spec for spec, that it is NOT overpriced. You failed to do that.

Okay apparently the original MB had alot of problems. well this is about the Macbook Pro. Retina Display to be specific.

Unable to afford =/= overpriced. You get what u pay for, u pay alot to get alot of good quality, expensive hardware. Again, I keep asking every damn person, show me a similar spec system to a rMBP, if its cheaper, its probably super small difference, or people forget to factor in some parts of the specs..(One guy compared a 768p laptop with a 1600p rMBP and the price difference was not much...at all)

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

If I had the money, and the right situations, I would get a MBP, because they are decent. I have no problem with Apple.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I just asked my super developer friend to give me some statements....

tFpo36l.gif

Bad affordability =/= overpriced.

You get what u pay for, u pay alot to get....

Bad affordability =/= overpriced. You did not do to good in school did you. http://thesaurus.com/browse/overpriced

1 / 3 is still bad with "you"

tFpo36l.gif

You laugh at that? Okay, I'll laugh at your chromebook.

Bad affordability =/= overpriced. You did not do to good in school did you. http://thesaurus.com/browse/overpriced

1 / 3 is still bad with "you"

Overpriced means you pay more but receive less. Dumbshit. At this point I can't tell if you're trolling, or just extremely retarded

Thats like saying "oh i only have 5000 dollars, but this amazing car that requires no energy at all is $20000, it is overpriced, because i cant afford it"

You did not do too good in school did you?

You did not do too good school did you?

That sentence hurt to read.

o78P0Zh.jpg

l4pZcEa.jpg

Affordability "something being overpriced" Is based on what the user would like, so if you want to "prove" your point, give me an application that can ONLY run on mac and dose not have a windows / Linux alternative.

Bad affordability = overpriced because, you know, logic.

That sentence hurt to read.

o78P0Zh.jpg

l4pZcEa.jpg

Affordability "something being overpriced" Is based on what the user would like, so if you want to "prove" your point, give me an application that can ONLY run on mac and dose not have a windows / Linux alternative.

Bad affordability = overpriced because, you know, logic.

What i meant by bad affordability = hard to afford = expensive. 

Running a specific application wasnt the point. For fucks sake, SHOW ME A SIMILAR SPEC WINDOWS MACHINE to a rMBP and show me pricing and full specs. Otherwise, i have no idea why you're talking. Seriously, talking to a PC extremist, who even admits it, is like talking to a rock. An ugly rock.

Thank god you graduated high school

You laugh at that? Okay, I'll laugh at your chromebook. 

Man this $600 feels good bro.

Dumbshit. At this point I can't tell if you're trolling, or just extremely retarded

Thats like saying "oh i only have 5000 dollars, but this amazing car that requires no energy at all is $20000, it is overpriced, because i cant afford it"

Not nice.

No energy at 20,000? I take out a loan and get it.

The OP outright admits that "the products are excellent for (insert random 0.99% of the market here)

Like any top tier priced object, it's only affordable and or useful for those who need it. I'm more than willing to bet Linus would agree if not say the same thing.

As for being good for developers, that IS a BS statement, for several reasons,

-what developers? (mac users usually just say developers, in reality it's usually people "developing" blogs about how great their mac and their new vegetarian diet and their new prius) saying "its good for developers" alone is like saying "water is good for any organism that lives in a fluid" just senseless, and incorrect. I highly doubt the developers for say, windows, use apple products in their development of windows.

-all proprietary technology is good for a nice of developers, but not all (apple is all proprietary), no one single piece of technology will apply to everyone out there, and if its software your talking about then its a moot point because just about all software can be made to run on linux (usually by someone else, for free, a while after the software has come out, because linux users have nothing better to do than update freeware for some reason)

-Usually the mentioned developers are music writers (which makes no sense to me at all), and APP writers, and that does make sense, that someone developing a probably pointless useless app, for IOS, is using IOS to make said app, Which is a pointless closed ecosystem arguement.

"super developer friend" I have never head a phrase that more accurately sums up marketing gimmick, with the intent to fool the standard consumer. What does your friend develop? why not just outright tell us instead of trying to get him hits on his website?

I think the OP is one of those few, rare fan boys that will never except the possibility that he is wrong, I'd let this topic die like all other Apple vs Windows arguments,  which is always the same, a stalemate between 2 products that are intended for dissimilar target audiences, one being rich and stupid, the other being poor and stupid (as the companies see it). The only real difference between the 2, is that apple assumes your such a moron, that you cant be trusted with upgrading your hardware, and that you constantly need to be reminded that what you have is better than everyone elses.

Like all brands, they are essentially hyped up crap. Why do I like windows better? because I can pick and choose my own hardware, and just slap windows on it, not have some chinese lady build it so her village isn't killed. From what I remember, IOS doesn't like to be in boxes that dont have a pretentious apple logo on them.

Edit: Instead, the chinese lady only made my components, she didn't have to put it all together though.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Man this $600 feels good bro.

Not nice.

No energy at 20,000? I take out a loan and get it.

Its for completely different uses. Thats like saying "oh I bought an old $100 crappy computer at a swapmeet, I saved $600 from a decent ultrabook and ultrabooks are stupid". Completely different uses, completely different specs.

Exactly, the price is good for the specs. Like macs are, have u even tried looking at the specs

Give me an application that can ONLY run on mac and dose not have a windows / Linux alternative.

Or you are wrong, you have no other out.

How am I wrong? My only point is that it has good specs for the price. What does that have to do with running a specific app that others cant?

Give me an application that can ONLY run on mac and dose not have a windows / Linux alternative.

Time Machine/iWork/Garage Band  :P

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The OP outright admits that "the products are excellent for (insert random 0.99% of the market here)

Like any top tier priced object, it's only affordable and or useful for those who need it. I'm more than willing to bet Linus would agree if not say the same thing.

As for being good for developers, that IS a BS statement, for several reasons,

-what developers? (mac users usually just say developers, in reality it's usually people "developing" blogs about how great their mac and their new vegetarian diet and their new prius) saying "its good for developers" alone is like saying "water is good for any organism that lives in a fluid" just senseless, and incorrect. I highly doubt the developers for say, windows, use apple products in their development of windows.

-all proprietary technology is good for a nice of developers, but not all (apple is all proprietary), no one single piece of technology will apply to everyone out there, and if its software your talking about then its a moot point because just about all software can be made to run on linux (usually by someone else, for free, a while after the software has come out, because linux users have nothing better to do than update freeware for some reason)

-Usually the mentioned developers are music writers (which makes no sense to me at all), and APP writers, and that does make sense, that someone developing a probably pointless useless app, for IOS, is using IOS to make said app, Which is a pointless closed ecosystem arguement.

"super developer friend" I have never head a phrase that more accurately sums up marketing gimmick, with the intent to fool the standard consumer. What does your friend develop? why not just outright tell us instead of trying to get him hits on his website?

I think the OP is one of those few, rare fan boys that will never except the possibility that he is wrong, I'd let this topic die like all other Apple vs Windows arguments, which is always the same, a stalemate between 2 products that are intended for dissimilar target audiences, one being rich and stupid, the other being poor and stupid (as the companies see it). The only real difference between the 2, is that apple assumes your such a moron, that you cant be trusted with upgrading your hardware, and that you constantly need to be reminded that what you have is better than everyone elses.

Like all brands, they are essentially hyped up crap. Why do I like windows better? because I can pick and choose my own hardware, and just slap windows on it, not have some chinese lady build it so her village isn't killed. From what I remember, IOS doesn't like to be in boxes that dont have a pretentious apple logo on them.

Didnt read it, too much of the same stuff I keep reading.

I know you are a PC guy, and as a LTT member, u most likely know about hardware specs. Look at the chart, look at the specs, now look at the price compared to other ultrabooks. K. Even if im wrong, about the software, spec wise, its not overpriced.

How am I wrong? My only point is that it has good specs for the price. What does that have to do with running a specific app that others cant?

I'd love to see how you can explain if "im wrong". Wrong about what? My statement is that the rMBP is not overpriced, period.

Time Machine/iWork/Garage Band :P

Backing up your files (Google drive) / Microsoft Office (Not sure what all iWork has and MSOffice is on mac) / FL Studio

I'd love to see how you can explain if "im wrong". Wrong about what? My statement is that the rMBP is not overpriced, period.

Because unless there is a specific application, windows / Linux can run it cheaper and be more affordable.

sorry had to edit that.

Backing up your files (Google drive) / Microsoft Office (Not sure what all iWork has and MSOffice is on mac) / FL Studio  

You asked for a specific application that can only run on OSX :P

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

That dose not have a Linux / Windows alternative

*derp* didn't notice the last part of the sentence :unsure: 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

sorry had to edit that.

"Because unless there is a specific application, windows / Linux can run it cheaper and be more affordable."

Thats literally just like saying "I can buy a $100 computer and have it beat a $1000 computer because it can run same stuff". The actual performance is the difference...

I simplified the google doc for people like you. Just specs. No miscellaneous stuff except noting the yoga 2 pro is convertible. Its clear that the rMBP is not overpriced, all u need to do is look at the specs, because thats what most LTT people do anyways

OP: Well going to try and tell the internet that a MBP isn't that bad. 

Internet: No you're wrong and we don't know why. 

OP: http://i.minus.com/iR8eXtVL6Mr2I.gif

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Still waiting for a program. It should be your job to convince me that the "rMBP" is not overpriced and this is the only way to do it.

There are many laptops with the same specs for $200 - $500 less, they have already been linked in the forum then you drug up build quality to dodge that and your going in circles.

Give me a program.

Prove me wrong.

Still waiting for a program. It should be your job to convince me that the "rMBP" is not overpriced and this is the only way to do it.

There are many laptops with the same specs for $200 - $500 less, they have already been linked in the forum then you drug up build quality to dodge that and your going in circles.

Give me a program.

Prove me wrong.

What kind of technology person are you? Your logic makes NO SENSE. If it runs the same OS, then it can run it first of all. Second, simplying running a software makes a computer not overpriced? Even Linus would facepalm.

How about I make it simpler for your small brain: Imagine the rMBP ran windows, which it can, now compare its specs with another windows machine with the same specs and compare pricing. Do that, and u will see its not overpriced you extremist.

@OutaTheLoneWolf

EVEN LOOK AT THIS CHART https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wz_1Y0aK6FZJUBb24xqT-dgQrN-XydvouAxXXbA8PU/edit

Look at the Zenbook and rMBP, seriously, u dont even know how to read specs now do u

"same" specs as in same cpu and same gpu.

A laptop isn't only defined by its cpu and gpu.

You want an application? Texpad, XCode and many many others. Yes there are alternatives (there almost always are for almost any application on almost any OS).

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log