The Macbook Pro is actually NOT overpriced (With Ultrabook/Notebook Comparison Chart)

Henry

No its like intel's new HD graphics 6000

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6993/intel-iris-pro-5200-graphics-review-core-i74950hq-tested

A dedicated GPU will always be faster, so at the price point why not get a laptop with a 8XXm?

For gamers they should do that, otherwise for everyone else they shouldnt and I personally wouldn't since all my games run just fine on Intel HD 4000 and up, at least, after I stopped playing stuff like Just Cause 2 and BF3

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

The main reason they needed it was to power that high res display but it cant do much beyond that. 

I use Sony Vegas alot and with a gtx 660Ti a 5 minute video takes ~ 1- 2 hours in just an i7 and about 20 min on the gtx660 with cuda inabled.

that said that's a Desktop Processor and a Desktop Card 

For gamers they should do that, otherwise for everyone else they shouldnt and I personally wouldn't since all my games run just fine on Intel HD 4000 and up, at least, after I stopped playing stuff like Just Cause 2 and BF3

We are not talking about games.  We are talking business. And you cant play most AAA game on mac, I think steam has a few but most of them are indie.

For business performance mac's are just not worth the extra $ 

@Victorious Secret some, not all of the market might need a laptop.

Most people need nothing more than the average desktop pc, and a smartphone (maybe). Most aren't intelligent enough to use either in a meaningful way to begin with lol.

And yes, I do have monkeys for parents, coincidentally, SO DOES EVERY HUMAN ON THE PLANET.

Insult = fail

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Most people need nothing more than the average desktop pc, and a smartphone (maybe). Most aren't intelligent enough to use either in a meaningful way to begin with lol.

And yes, I do have monkeys for parents, coincidentally, SO DOES EVERY HUMAN ON THE PLANET.

Insult = fail

Your parent is a monkey? Amazing. Mine is a human evolved from a creature similar to an ape.

Insult = fail

The main reason they needed it was to power that high res display but it cant do much beyond that. 

I use Sony Vegas alot and with a gtx 660Ti a 5 minute video takes ~ 1- 2 hours in just an i7 and about 20 min on the gtx660 with cuda inabled.

that said that's a Desktop Processor and a Desktop Card 

We are not talking about games.  We are talking business. And you cant play most AAA game on mac, I think steam has a few but most of them are indie.

For business performance mac's are just not worth the extra $ 

THen again, ultrabooks are definitely worse than desktops for business. BUT, there are always those who have to move around and bring their system with them. So for an ultrabook choicem, its a good choice, but if u can live with a desktop, thats better.

THen again, ultrabooks are definitely worse than desktops for business. BUT, there are always those who have to move around and bring their system with them. So for an ultrabook choicem, its a good choice, but if u can live with a desktop, thats better.

I don't believe in ultrabooks, they are silly and to expensive for not having any GPU rendering power, like macs.

What I don't like about apple is that they claim they are creating machines for the professionals and it seems now that the only sh** that they give is low end consumers, with only duel core 13 in laptops, extremely laggy to the point that photoshop becomes unusable if you create a good content, and if someone sends you a file, it takes like 1 min glitch until the action you just took is executed. like even the hand tool is laggy what do I have to say about that?

And their only professional "like" devices such as mac pro, is liek sh** who would pay 10 times the price just for that apple logo and that stupid black can, seriously...

They don't seem to care about us anymore, and probably never did since a long time ago. 

Its a shame that I don't own a PC, wish someone can give me some parts.... 

Apple should make a change

Kevin Jin

Linked In

Lol wow. Tell, me, specifically, which specific species does the word "monkey" refer to.

And as for consoles and laptops being the same thing, both are a specialized form factor tailored to and built for the specific needs of a relatively small sector of the computing market. (again, relatively small, not saying that people don't buy laptops, just that Desktop is still considered the "standard" where as laptops and consoles are not.)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I don't believe in ultrabooks, they are silly and to expensive for not having any GPU rendering power, like macs.

Its worth it if u dont need insane GPU power. Plus broadwell is coming and promising excellent gpu power.

But would u say, among *ultrabooks* or compared with other ultrabooks, that the rMBP is not overpriced?

13?

13?!

13?!?!

i3

13 inch, they have i7 and I use the i7 but it seems like its for marketing. Only good actual usable performance is on the highest end mac book pro 15 inch and the mac pro. 

Kevin Jin

Linked In

What I don't like about apple is that they claim they are creating machines for the professionals and it seems now that the only sh** that they give is low end consumers, with only duel core 13 in laptops, extremely laggy to the point that photoshop becomes unusable if you create a good content, and if someone sends you a file, it takes like 1 min glitch until the action you just took is executed. like even the hand tool is laggy what do I have to say about that?

And their only professional "like" devices such as mac pro, is liek sh** who would pay 10 times the price just for that apple logo and that stupid black can, seriously...

They don't seem to care about us anymore, and probably never did since a long time ago. 

At first glance they seem overpriced, but when u look at the full specs and compare it to other ultrabooks, its not.  Actually, even Linus said the "trash can" was a good value. It just had really high quality parts so it wasnt best bang for buck, but the actual specs were worth the price. I even did a PCPartPicker and it was really close to the retail price of the Mac Pro, i used xeons and workstation cards to make sure it was as close as possible to the system. I didnt even factor in the cost of engineering it to be so damn small.

Lol wow. Tell, me, specifically, which specific species does the word "monkey" refer to.

And as for consoles and laptops being the same thing, both are a specialized form factor tailored to and built for the specific needs of a relatively small sector of the computing market. (again, relatively small, not saying that people don't buy laptops, just that Desktop is still considered the "standard" where as laptops and consoles are not.)

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Most if not everyone I know and work with has a laptop. Those that have their own desktops? Count on one hand, because its not some standard anymore.

This website is not a representation of the real world. Far from it. this is the 0.01% of the 1%. If that is your basis for "standard" you have no idea what you're on about

13 inch, they have i7 and I use the i7 but it seems like its for marketing. Only good actual usable performance is on the highest end mac book pro 15 inch and the mac pro. 

Usable? 15?

Chromebook is usable. :P

But yeah, i wish they had quad core i5 for mobile...Then again, they still perform beastly and are well priced among other ultrabooks. AMD needs to step in with their upcoming APUs for mobile, which supposedly kick ass.

I was considering getting one for work before I bought my thinkpad.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Its worth it if u dont need insane GPU power. Plus broadwell is coming and promising excellent gpu power.

But would u say, among *ultrabooks* or compared with other ultrabooks, that the rMBP is not overpriced?

macs are overpriced if you need gpu preformance

macs are overpriced if you do not care about design

macs are overpriced if you do not care about the Screen Res (I'm content with 1080 right now)

Yes and I will say that "Ultrabooks" are overpriced as the same as mac's are overpriced when there are better solutions 

There is no compromise with "on the go" gaming once you have sat down and played on a desktop with 3 1080p surround at 60fps, I just cant play on laptops anymore ( I sunk over 1000 hours on CSS on a dell insperon 1500) 

BUT IF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS THAT MACS ARE NOT OVERPRICED COMPARED TO ULTRABOOKS THEN YES YOU ARE CORRECT BUT ULTRABOOKS ARE OVERPRICED

YOU GET 1 STAR

So now that you can't make the argument that Macs are overpriced you have to make the argument that Ultrabooks are overpriced? 

Oh kids these days...

You don't get to keep moving the goalposts after someone has scored just because you don't think its right.

So now that you can't make the argument that Macs are overpriced you have to make the argument that Ultrabooks are overpriced? 

Oh kids these days...

LOL, but well yeah... :P

Kevin Jin

Linked In

Oh kids these days...

You don't get to keep moving the goalposts after someone has scored just because you don't think its right.

Why would I spend +1200 on something that has not gpu processing?

When I could get a cromebook and a kickass desktop.

Cost for performance.

macs are overpriced if you need gpu preformance

macs are overpriced if you do not care about design

macs are overpriced if you do not care about the Screen Res (I'm content with 1080 right now)

Yes and I will say that "Ultrabooks" are overpriced as the same as mac's are overpriced when there are better solutions 

There is no compromise with "on the go" gaming once you have sat down and played on a desktop with 3 1080p surround at 60fps, I just cant play on laptops anymore ( I sunk over 1000 hours on CSS on a dell insperon 1500) 

BUT IF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS THAT MACS ARE NOT OVERPRICED COMPARED TO ULTRABOOKS THEN YES YOU ARE CORRECT BUT ULTRABOOKS ARE OVERPRICED

YOU GET 1 STAR

Good i win.

But ultrabooks are only overpriced depending on what you look for/ is a personal preference. I prefer having good battery life, good build quality, thin and light, and awesome specs (not necessarily for GPU).

Why would i spend +1200 on something that has not gpu processing

when I could get a cromebook and a kickass desktop

cost for performance.

Once again, just because YOU don't see value, doesn't mean there isn't any. 

Sometimes people just want great battery, great design and enough power to do what basic crap they need. People pay for style after all, this isn't new with computers. 

Average consumers, normal people who aren't keyboard warriors, buy whatever makes them happy without having to explain their choices to the internet. 

Cost for performance, specs; mean shit when it comes to spending money for normal people. Only nerds like us obsess over those numbers as if they actually mean anything.

Oh kids these days...

Well am I wrong?

Look at the specs...:\ No one takes into consideration thin and lightness or battery life these days..

Once again, just because YOU don't see value, doesn't mean there isn't any. 

Sometimes people just want great battery, great design and enough power to do what basic crap they need. People pay for style after all, this isn't new with computers. 

Average consumers, normal people who aren't keyboard warriors, buy whatever makes them happy without having to explain their choices to the internet. 

Cost for performance, specs; mean shit when it comes to spending money for normal people. Only nerds like us obsess over those numbers as if they actually mean anything.

I said earlier the value is based on the user, i just wanted to se if he could change my mind

Good i win.

But ultrabooks are only overpriced depending on what you look for/ is a personal preference. I prefer having good battery life, good build quality, thin and light, and awesome specs (not necessarily for GPU).

Thats why I did not compare any ultrabooks