The Macbook Pro is actually NOT overpriced (With Ultrabook/Notebook Comparison Chart)

Henry

Personally I am kinda of a anti hipster when it comes to stuff like this. I don't use apple products because they are over used in the mobile section but then I don't like the logo on the back I prefer something that has tailored requirements to me unlike the ios. Apple may be a bit better for video production but to me personally I hate apple and what they stand for innovation is not their goal and neither will it ever be because google is beating them to that with all the random shit they are working on, like the google glass and many more products. That is just my opinion and I stick to it. I am not a fan of apple and I never will be just because it just doesn't suit me at all in any run.

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

So the 15" rMBP is the same price as an Asus Zenbook, and...

The MB has Iris Pro (vs just Iris)

The MB has a 256GB SSD, vs the Zenbok's 2x 128GB in RAID 0, which isn't nearly as reliable and long-lasting a setup.

The MB has a ridiculously long battery life, upwards of 10 hours, whereas the Zenbook has ~6

The MB's trackpad and keyboard are second to none- seriously, Apple's trackpad is insanely good, I don't get how you can even use a normal one after you try it.

The MB's CPU is actually a massive improvement, almost 90% in multi-threaded tasks (via CPU Boss)

So... at least between those two, it's a joke of a comparison, not even mentioning the build quality and support you get with any Apple product.

Yup. Zenbooks are just horribly priced...I mean cmon, an i7 dual core, and it still has worse battery life..

Personally I am kinda of a anti hipster when it comes to stuff like this. I don't use apple products because they are over used in the mobile section but then I don't like the logo on the back I prefer something that has tailored requirements to me unlike the ios. Apple may be a bit better for video production but to me personally I hate apple and what they stand for innovation is not their goal and neither will it ever be because google is beating them to that with all the random shit they are working on, like the google glass and many more products. That is just my opinion and I stick to it. I am not a fan of apple and I never will be just because it just doesn't suit me at all in any run.

Well u can always install Windows, because spec for spec, its pretty competitively priced among windows machines.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

So the 15" rMBP is the same price as an Asus Zenbook, and...

The MB's trackpad and keyboard are second to none- seriously, Apple's trackpad is insanely good, I don't get how you can even use a normal one after you try it.

So... at least between those two, it's a joke of a comparison, not even mentioning the build quality and support you get with any Apple product.

I don't know how the zenbook's track pad is but if it is anything like my Asus G73's track pad it is pretty terrible which is why i pretty much never use it. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Well u can always install Windows, because spec for spec, its pretty competitively priced among windows machines.

As I said the looks of apple products kinda disgust me It just looks to fancy for me and it doesn't look like it was built in any type fucks given for people who want to fuck around with laptops properly (I have about 4 laptops I have disassembled and reassembled for reasons) and the logo is just too obnoxious for me the keyboard is meh at best IMO. also the panel kinda gives me a headache for some reason i don't know why I went to my doctor they don't know either. :/

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

I don't know how the zenbook's track pad is but if it is anything like my Asus G73's track pad it is pretty terrible which is why i pretty much never use it.

I've only tried two bad trackpads : Lenovo T510's weird textured bumpy trackpad that is weird when it moves and the IdeaPad U310 which gets oily, REAL fast. Like within 2 seconds.

As I said the looks of apple products kinda disgust me It just looks to fancy for me and it doesn't look like it was built in any type fucks given for people who want to fuck around with laptops properly (I have about 4 laptops I have disassembled and reassembled for reasons) and the logo is just too obnoxious for me the keyboard is meh at best IMO. also the panel kinda gives me a headache for some reason i don't know why I went to my doctor they don't know either. :/

A headache? Thats not normal...Are your eyes okay? Get an antiglare filter, thats what im using for my gateway laptop.

Nothing is too fancy for me :P

You pay $1000+ for a laptop with a integrated intel GPU.

it isnt meant for gamers. and im quite sure that they 15 mbp has a descrete card, maybe not 880m's in sli but hey its a card.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

it isnt meant for gamers. and im quite sure that they 15 mbp has a descrete card, maybe not 880m's in sli but hey its a card.

And emphasis on "it isn't meant for gamers".

The reason its so expensive is because of the other things it has to offer. Like a 512gb pcie ssd (expensive as my left testicle) 

And emphasis on "it isn't meant for gamers".

The reason its so expensive is because of the other things it has to offer. Like a 512gb pcie ssd (expensive as my left testicle) 

How much for your left testicle? Is the right one at clearance?

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I've only tried two bad trackpads : Lenovo T510's weird textured bumpy trackpad that is weird when it moves and the IdeaPad U310 which gets oily, REAL fast. Like within 2 seconds.

I have used my g73's my mom's macbook touch pad which was much better, a few older hp laptop touch pads which were pretty good too, and a really old mac powerbook that was ok, but the little push rubber thing in the center of my old ibm think pad is by far the worst pointer device I have ever used, had the accuracy of a bull that is blind with mad cow disease trying to find its way out of a china shop.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

How much for your left testicle? Is the right one at clearance?

My right one has a tumor.

Oh my god I think we are getting trolled.

How so? Its not overpriced..

No of course it isn't. In addition to hardware the engineering costs of the laptop itself is quite high. I'm mean look at the thing. Apple has some of the best build quality I've seen when it comes to laptops. 

Yeah of course, over 50% of the price is just for this:

Apple_gray_logo.png

Well then the apple brand ia good thing. If you considered looking from a different perspective but I doubt you were when you posted this.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

No you aren't, You're just another PC fanboy with blinders on. (Coming from a PC fanboy)

Well I doubt it.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

No of course it isn't. In addition to hardware the engineering costs of the laptop itself is quite high. I'm mean look at the thing. Apple has some of the best build quality I've seen when it comes to laptops. 

So true. Like Linus said in a recent WAN show, people dont give enough credit to apple for build quality. Industrial design is very expensive. I havent even seen any laptop with better build quality than the rMBP

So true. Like Linus said in a recent WAN show, people dont give enough credit to apple for build quality. Industrial design is very expensive. I havent even seen any laptop with better build quality than the rMBP

No kidding. I can't stand when people don't give credit where credit is due. Also most of this crowd are tweakers and gamers who don't see the value that apple has to offer.

They are shiny, if they come down the price, I would buy one to put windows on it.

osx annoys me.

Lower the price? Its already competitively priced.

Put windows on it. I still cant fully switch after using Mavericks in a VM. I would use Windows for gaming and Mavericks for everything else.

Lower the price? Its already competitively priced.

Put windows on it. I still cant fully switch after using Mavericks in a VM. I would use Windows for gaming and Mavericks for everything else.

Its hard to say this but no it is not "competitively priced".

There is a $400 difference in price for equal hardware (until you hit the 2k mark then you should just get a desktop)

That $400 goes to better build quality (the physical housing) and quality control.

If they drop the price $200 (In my opinion) then yes it would be "competitively priced".

If you are in the talking of raw computer performance per $ windows wins because of different vendors as apple has no other mac competitors.

I wouldn't mind one if I was looking for a work laptop. Programming (some things, definitely not Java :P ) in Apple is quite enjoyable from what I've seen.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

By adding the grey stuff at the bottom you just made that doc full fanboy, the topic can hence be cancelled and considered useless.

By adding the grey stuff at the bottom you just made that doc full fanboy, the topic can hence be cancelled and considered useless.

What?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wz_1Y0aK6FZJUBb24xqT-dgQrN-XydvouAxXXbA8PU/edit

"OSX has this, that, and has this feature implemented better than Windows, meanwhile, I won't mention anything about the other system to make sure it's an even race"

That's because we already know about windows (or at least I pray people you do). This post is just about talking about comparisons. Most people already have the windows info but not the Mac. I know I don't and I found that helpful.