am I the only one sick of fanboys?

dev893

Sorry I got to vent. I'm sick of (intel) fanboys who will pull shit out their ass but have nothing but biased reviews and benchmarks to back up their claims I can't be the only one that feels this way can I? People that have never owned anything aside from what they are defending and then talk crap about the competition just erk me. I have owned both AMD and Intel and they both have their ups and downs. Right now yes AMD isn't the best but they have the best price/performance ratio. also if you want an unlocked processor you aren't gonna pay a premium like you do with Intel. That being said when I can save up the money I will be making the switch to Intel unless AMD comes out with a good better processor soon. I guess what I'm trying to say is Why do people judge the competition when they never even try it?

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

Everyone hates them lol

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

You do know the last time AMD was good was back in like 03/04? Since then Intel has really been ahead of them in performance per core. And that's why you have fanboys for Intel. Because their product is faster, most of the time,

I dislike hardcore fanboys for anything they belong to. Be it related to tech, games, tv shows, movies, books, music etc etc etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is Why do people judge the competition when they never even try it?

Because they are biased/lamebrains? :P

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

You do know the last time AMD was good was back in like 03/04? Since then Intel has really been ahead of them in performance per core. And that's why you have fanboys for Intel. Because their product is faster, most of the time,

I understand that but I used AMD and Intel mainly as examples. The fact that most of the fanboys weren't even building PC's in 03/04 and strictly go by what people say rather than experience is what pisses me of

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

Yes you are the only one.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

I understand that but I used AMD and Intel mainly as examples. The fact that most of the fanboys weren't even building PC's in 03/04 and strictly go by what people say rather than experience is what pisses me of

They exist in every culture, you just have to get used to them or ignore them.

The only experience I have with AMD was pretty lackluster for the price. Comparative to my i5 which seems to be a good ratio. That's not saying I think AMD is terrible I'd just rather use what gave me personally the best experience. I still will recommend an AMD processor if it would suit someone's budget. I just wouldn't use one.

I hate fanboys.  I too, have used both AMD and Intel.  I will admit I've had better experience with Intel but I dont think its right for people to be complaining about a product they've never owned.  

Now, I'm someone who only sees black and white (not to be confused with biased or fanboyism) but its still very important to never judge a product you've never used.  I feel its okay to advise people, for example if someone was going to buy 500watt power supply for 780s SLI I would say no, even though I've never used that setup, and hopefully never will.  

In my mind Fanboys are people who try to be cool and think they know everything, yet they really dont.  And Fanboys are people who believe gossip.  

They exist in every culture, you just have to get used to them or ignore them.

True, they'll always be something you hate everywhere you go.  Thats just how the world works unfortunately. 

I totally agree with you. But it all depends on peoples budget. I personally have an Intel i5 processor that I bought for $250, although I don't regret it, I think there are cheaper AMD processors that are more than enough for some peoples needs. Because as you know, more money is always spent on the GPU rather than the CPU 

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

your avatar made me a happy man lol

Good, 

What if I told you I used IE? 

I totally agree with you. But it all depends on peoples budget. I personally have an Intel i5 processor that I bought for $250, although I don't regret it, I think there are cheaper AMD processors that are more than enough for some peoples needs. Because as you know, more money is always spent on the GPU rather than the CPU 

yes and as I said I will be going to an i5 build soon my biggest gripe about intel is price and how you have to pay a big ass premium if you want an unlocked CPU (new Pentium excluded)

A more suitable example would be AMD vs Nvidia.

Seems like the (vastly) larger amount of fan boys rest on the Nvidia side, sometimes speed and price just doesn't matter to people.

Good, 

What if I told you I used IE? 

to each their own. I would tell you I don't like it and recommend you use firefox or chrome instead but I'm not gonna try and bully you into using one of them

True, they'll always be something you hate everywhere you go.  Thats just how the world works unfortunately. 

I thought it works because of physics. Damn it, I knew there's a reason I flunked that class...

Now, I'm someone who only sees black and white (not to be confused with biased or fanboyism) but its still very important to never judge a product you've never used.  I feel its okay to advise people, for example if someone was going to buy 500watt power supply for 780s SLI I would say no, even though I've never used that setup, and hopefully never will.

Well, knowledge about cpu architecture, instructions, coding, etc. is a lot harder to fully understand than know that two 780s will eat up a 500 watt power supply and not be a good idea because we can look up load wattage and see for ourselves very clearly that it's a bad idea.

you want horrible to know about fanboys what about modern day nazis? ps/sony nazis. when ps4 was announced sony became the new reich. And the fanboys uproared bashing anybody that said they didn't care or pc, the specs were nothing compared to pc and that they should stop throwing their dicks at everything that didn't agree with them. I got soooo many threats of shutting down my internet, coming to my house and kill me and my family. I swear this gen is fucking disgutsing.  

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

to each their own. I would tell you I don't like it and recommend you use firefox or chrome instead but I'm not gonna try and bully you into using one of them

I was just wondering.  I hate IE 

but its still very important to never judge a product you've never used. 

I disagree, because some guy who's only used Intel can look at benchmarks for the 8350 and a 4670k and see the differences. He does not have to have experience with AMD to say the 4670k will outperform the 8350 because of tech reports.

You can judge what you want and still be right: the imaginary guy that had no experience with AMD says the 4670k is better than the 8350, and he's right. Just because he's never personally used an 8350 doesn't mean he's wrong.

So I think we should keep this about fanboys who deliberately belittle others for owning other brands (like a bunch of elitists here despise Razer though there's tons of people who haven't had any problems with them).

I disagree, because some guy who's only used Intel can look at benchmarks for the 8350 and a 4670k and see the differences. He does not have to have experience with AMD to say the 4670k will outperform the 8350 because of tech reports.

You can judge what you want and still be right: the imaginary guy that had no experience with AMD says the 4670k is better than the 8350, and he's right. Just because he's never personally used an 8350 doesn't mean he's wrong.

So I think we should keep this about fanboys who deliberately belittle others for owning other brands (like a bunch of elitists here despise Razer though there's tons of people who haven't had any problems with them).

but when comparing two completely different Architectures CPU's the only real way to tell the difference is in real world test like watching a video where the only difference in the builds would be the CPU and motherboard  I always take bench marks with a grain of salt

but I do agree with your last statement those fan boys are the worse

I was just wondering.  I hate IE 

I have it as a back up browser I'm not a big fan of chrome either and prefer firefox been using it for years and it's always performed well main reason internet explorer is still on my PC is because a lot of programs like Skype and AVG need it when updating

fanboys are everywhere i get really pissed off if i see a flamewar on what is better, if you hate it then you hate thats there or your opinion and leave it as that. geezzz.

lives on

BAKABT