Moto X+1 (Moto X Successor)

Brainiac777

Although this is not really new information, there wasn't a post about it on the forum yet so I though I'd make one.

The Moto X successor, dubbed the Moto X+1 (Too many "one" names for phones these days) is rumored to be released in August or September this year.

The rumored specs of the Moto X+1 are as follow:

Design: 5.2 inches (13.2 cm)

Display: 1920 X 1080 (possibly AMOLED)

Processor: 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800

RAM: 2GB

Storage: 32GB

Camera: 12MP Rear Camera, 5MP Front Camera

Battery: 2900mAh

Price: $400

May come with microSD support of up to 128GB cards.

Image:

moto-x1-blurry.jpg?w=655&h=409

Moto X+1 in a case:

moto-xplus-one-case.png?w=624&h=552

Many people are complaining about the increase in the phone size, since the Moto X was a good size and fit, I agree as well. The 1080p display is nice as well as the increase in battery size. It is unknown if the display will be AMOLED as I have yet to find a source that states that it will be.

This will be an interesting year for phones as the iPhone 6, Nexus 6, and Moto X+1 seem promising. And yes, the Nexus lineup isn't dead yet.

Articles:

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/moto.x1.features.leaked.by.brazilian.online.store.2.3ghz.processor.12mp.camera.and.massive.battery/38601.htm

http://9to5google.com/tag/moto-x1/

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/557615/20140701/motorola-moto-x-1-x2-360.htm#.U7daJ_ldVHU

http://bgr.com/2014/07/01/moto-x1-specs-leak-motorola/

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/07/01/moto-x1-specs/

Meh, the price is okay. Like for that price I would get a nexus 5 instead.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Too fucking big

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

the only reason I saw moto phones to be compelling was their realistic size... :'(

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Too big for me personally. My Moto X is already too big and I have medium hands. I have a hard time typing with one hand which really sucks. Though the improved specs do look nice.

I demand a 4.2-4.5 version don't care if the have to use a 720p screen again, the size was one of the reason the x was a compelling phone imo

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Too fucking big

thats what he said

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

thats what he said

:huh:  Er... shouldn't that be "she"? On second thought... Never mind, I don't want to know.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I like it, Im a big fan of big screen phones though.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

:huh:  Er... shouldn't that be "she"? On second thought... Never mind, I don't want to know.

shhh your just a citrus fruit :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

shhh your just a citrus fruit :P

Hey, we citrus fruits have to hang around and deal with random "acts" on a daily basis.  :lol:

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Personally I'm pretty interested in the phone, more for the customization you can do than anything else. Love putting my own spin on things.

It sounds pretty beast too, even rumors of an SD card slot. Of course, it's all rumors...and I likely would never make use of the expandable storage but knowing it's there is nice. Hell, I can get away with 16gb models.

The battery is my biggest draw. The more the better. The Nexus 5 is great and all but I long for something with better battery life. Why are all the Chinese companies able to cram 3000mah+ batteries in? Derr...

Too fucking big

I like how you say that without knowing the physical dimensions ;)

Too big for me personally. My Moto X is already too big and I have medium hands. I have a hard time typing with one hand which really sucks. Though the improved specs do look nice.

You must not have medium hands. I have medium hands and I find the Nexus 5 a breeze. Mind you I wouldn't want to go any bigger, and I wasn't a fan of the size on paper until I actually got one.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

@dizmo Compared to friends and family, my hands are medium. I can't seem to find out what the Internet considers medium :P

If it weren't for it being 5.2" I would LOVE this phone.

Hey, we citrus fruits have to hang around and deal with random "acts" on a daily basis.  :lol:

You're a tree's ovary.

@dizmo Compared to friends and family, my hands are medium. I can't seem to find out what the Internet considers medium :P

Haha, I consider people who wear medium sized gloves to have medium sized hands...

If it weren't for it being 5.2" I would LOVE this phone.

You're a tree's ovary.

But..you don't even know how big it is. Maybe they managed to make it a manageable size.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

But..you don't even know how big it is. Maybe they managed to make it a manageable size.

Design: 5.2 inches (13.2 cm)

Hopefully it's not 5.2", but if it is that's pretty lame.

Hopefully it's not 5.2", but if it is that's pretty lame.

It doesn't always mean it'll have a huge body though. Maybe they managed to pull a Sharp. Their phone is pretty compact, smaller than a Nexus 5.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I am sick to death of phones I like using AMOLED screens. #Screenburn.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Just stop with the huge screens. My 5 inch Nexus 5 is the biggest I can handle (and most people probably). Stop with 5.2 and 5.5 inch screens, they are too big for a phone.

Rig - Processor: Intel core i5 3570k @4.3GHz, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX, GPU: XFX HD 7950 DD, with a Kraken G10 and Kraken X40, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4x4GB, HDD: Seagate 1.5TB, Cooler: Xigmatek Prime SD1484, Case: Phantom 530

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer 24-inch 1920x1080, Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4, Mouse: Logitech G9x, Headphones: Turtle Beach PX21, Mousepad: Steelseries QCK

The price isn't bad but would only get this device if it will have Android L as the new design is pretty nice. An AMOLED display would also be a nice feature to have.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Good price, great case, but I'm several times more excited about the the Moto G+1

What is with the hate of 5"+ screen sizes on this forum? Is everyone here 12 or have girly hands or something? Or is all this hate coming from people who just want to agree with linus? I have the note 3 (5.7" sceen) with a 10000mah battery and case, making the phone feel huge but solid. I can use the phone one handed no problem and my hands are large size. Going from a 4.3" screen to a 5.7" made me never want anything less than 5" for my phone. Now granted everyone isn't me, but if my average hands can use the phone no problem there is no reason anothers can't. Preference sure, but most of you are acting like you'll be holding a laptop up to your ear.

There's a market for the phones, just because it doesn't cater to what you believe phones should be doesn't mean you should go around whining about it. If you want a smaller phone, they exist, go buy one of those and leave the big(ger) phones alone.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor