Moto X+1 (Moto X Successor)

Brainiac777

What is with the hate of 5"+ screen sizes on this forum? Is everyone here 12 or have girly hands or something? Or is all this hate coming from people who just want to agree with linus? I have the note 3 (5.7" sceen) with a 10000mah battery and case, making the phone feel huge but solid. I can use the phone one handed no problem and my hands are large size. Going from a 4.3" screen to a 5.7" made me never want anything less than 5" for my phone. Now granted everyone isn't me, but if my average hands can use the phone no problem there is no reason anothers can't. Preference sure, but most of you are acting like you'll be holding a laptop up to your ear.

There's a market for the phones, just because it doesn't cater to what you believe phones should be doesn't mean you should go around whining about it. If you want a smaller phone, they exist, go buy one of those and leave the big(ger) phones alone.

People here are whining because they do not like the size change. It is possible for large hands to use a small phone but not vise versa. Whining is a way for people to express how they feel about the product, if they didn't whine, companies wouldn't adapt their product to the market. You can't tell a person to go buy a smaller phone, buying a phone is more than just the size, it's also about the hardware and software. The Moto X is a great phones with great features and the ideal size for most people, but just because a phones grows in size does not mean a person's hand grows with it. Too many phones these days are 5in or greater, and people want more of a variety when they get a phone.

If you can use the Note 3 one-handed, you do not have average sized hands. You contradict yourself "my hands are large size" and "but if my average hands". You can't assume that everyone has the same sized hands as you as you say in your argument. If the Note 3 is the perfect size for your hands, then good for you, but others are different and you have to accept that not everyone is like you.

People here are whining because they do not like the size change. It is possible for large hands to use a small phone but not vise versa. Whining is a way for people to express how they feel about the product, if they didn't whine, companies wouldn't adapt their product to the market. You can't tell a person to go buy a smaller phone, buying a phone is more than just the size, it's also about the hardware and software. The Moto X is a great phones with great features and the ideal size for most people, but just because a phones grows in size does not mean a person's hand grows with it. Too many phones these days are 5in or greater, and people want more of a variety when they get a phone.

If you can use the Note 3 one-handed, you do not have average sized hands. You contradict yourself "my hands are large size" and "but if my average hands". You can't assume that everyone has the same sized hands as you as you say in your argument. If the Note 3 is the perfect size for your hands, then good for you, but others are different and you have to accept that not everyone is like you.

Pretty sure I said everything you just did in my post, when I said my hands were large I was referring to glove size, then I said average because large glove size is average. IF a 5"+ phone was too much for the end user then the companies would not be manufacturing them. It has nothing to do with it being too difficult to use, it has to do with change. People notoriusly hate change in their daily live and this is one of them. It is the evolution of technology. Once upon a time the iphone felt huge to use, coming from old flip phones or blackberries. But guess what? That size got adopted and become the standard where it wasn't before. This is no different, we are in an evolution and things are changing. People just need to accept it as progress  and move on. After using a large(er) phone you grow accustom to it. You like it and wouldn't go back. Anyone here complaining about not being able to operate it just is whiny, you can't make a one size fits all phone and if you were unfortunately born with smaller hands you just need to adapt. People born 5' tall don't go around complaining how their house is harder to use, a vehicle is harder to drive and want the company to change. They accept that is how they are and have to adapt their lifestyle to suit the way they were born.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I don't care if it comes with a Xeon, 512 GB RAM and a 200000 Ah battery,  I am not buying a phone called "X+1".

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Just stop with the huge screens. My 5 inch Nexus 5 is the biggest I can handle (and most people probably). Stop with 5.2 and 5.5 inch screens, they are too big for a phone.

The LG G2 is basically the same size as a Nexus 5, with a 5.2" screen. The Sharp Aquos has a 5.2" screen in a smaller body than the Nexus 5. 

So, do these fall into the same "too large because of screen size" category?

Good price, great case, but I'm several times more excited about the the Moto G+1

I think the LTE version might fit your bill :P

LTE, microSD card slot. Quite a bit changed from the regular Moto G.

It's not always possible for large handed people to use small phones. Sometimes there simply isn't enough screen space for the sausage fingers. It becomes too cumbersome.

I have medium sized hands and love my Nexus 5. Screen size is spot on for media consumption and what I use it for. 4.7" isn't far off, I wouldn't dream of going to anything smaller.

There are mini versions of most flagships. If you want the a true mini version, Sony makes what you want. As does Apple. Just because this brand doesn't, doesn't mean they need to.

More SKU's mean more R&D, more production costs, and a greater chance of having unsold units. Not a good thing.

Size large hands, based on glove size, are indeed the most common size.

Not everyone, but they are definitely far and away the most common.

Pretty sure I said everything you just did in my post, when I said my hands were large I was referring to glove size, then I said average because large glove size is average. IF a 5"+ phone was too much for the end user then the companies would not be manufacturing them. It has nothing to do with it being too difficult to use, it has to do with change. People notoriusly hate change in their daily live and this is one of them. It is the evolution of technology. Once upon a time the iphone felt huge to use, coming from old flip phones or blackberries. But guess what? That size got adopted and become the standard where it wasn't before. This is no different, we are in an evolution and things are changing. People just need to accept it as progress  and move on. After using a large(er) phone you grow accustom to it. You like it and wouldn't go back. Anyone here complaining about not being able to operate it just is whiny, you can't make a one size fits all phone and if you were unfortunately born with smaller hands you just need to adapt. People born 5' tall don't go around complaining how their house is harder to use, a vehicle is harder to drive and want the company to change. They accept that is how they are and have to adapt their lifestyle to suit the way they were born.

There is a point to the madness. I wouldn't go to a Note sized phone not because of it's size in the hand, but because it doesn't fit nicely in my pocket. Nothings going to change that.

Actually short people generally adapt their house to what they need, not their lifestyle. So that sort of goes against your argument.

You also can't change that. You can easily change what phone you decide to purchase.

I don't care if it comes with a Xeon, 512 GB RAM and a 200000 Ah battery,  I am not buying a phone called "X+1".

How narrow minded.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

The LG G2 is basically the same size as a Nexus 5, with a 5.2" screen. The Sharp Aquos has a 5.2" screen in a smaller body than the Nexus 5.

So, do these fall into the same "too large because of screen size" category?

I think the LTE version might fit your bill :P

LTE, microSD card slot. Quite a bit changed from the regular Moto G.

It's not always possible for large handed people to use small phones. Sometimes there simply isn't enough screen space for the sausage fingers. It becomes too cumbersome.

I have medium sized hands and love my Nexus 5. Screen size is spot on for media consumption and what I use it for. 4.7" isn't far off, I wouldn't dream of going to anything smaller.

There are mini versions of most flagships. If you want the a true mini version, Sony makes what you want. As does Apple. Just because this brand doesn't, doesn't mean they need to.

More SKU's mean more R&D, more production costs, and a greater chance of having unsold units. Not a good thing.

Size large hands, based on glove size, are indeed the most common size.

Not everyone, but they are definitely far and away the most common.

There is a point to the madness. I wouldn't go to a Note sized phone not because of it's size in the hand, but because it doesn't fit nicely in my pocket. Nothings going to change that.

Actually short people generally adapt their house to what they need, not their lifestyle. So that sort of goes against your argument.

You also can't change that. You can easily change what phone you decide to purchase.

How narrow minded.

That was my whole point, if the phones screen size doesn't suite you then don't buy it. The company isn't going to cater to any specific person, but you can decide what you purchase. If it is too big for you then don't buy it, doesn't mean it isn't person for someone else. I said all this in my post.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

y = ax + b

Main System - 2016 13"nTB MBP 256GB

Gaming Rig - 4790K, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti
Monitor - Dell 25" U2515H

K/B & M - Ducky One TKL, Logitech MX Master & G900

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900

That was my whole point, if the phones screen size doesn't suite you then don't buy it. The company isn't going to cater to any specific person, but you can decide what you purchase. If it is too big for you then don't buy it, doesn't mean it isn't person for someone else. I said all this in my post.

Actually, no, that's not really what you said. You stated people with small hands should stop whining and adapt. That people who use larger screens get used to it.

That's a little different than 'buy something else' ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

y = mx + b

fixed 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

fixed 

I knew something was wrong :'(

Main System - 2016 13"nTB MBP 256GB

Gaming Rig - 4790K, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti
Monitor - Dell 25" U2515H

K/B & M - Ducky One TKL, Logitech MX Master & G900

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900

Shame its a Snapdragon 800 and not an 801. The 801 is much better for battery life.

-

The case picture is an entirely different phone. They've confirmed that. Too lazy to look up the source, though.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

Bummer. I really liked the Moto X's 4.7" screen. All I wanted was a better camera, micro sd card support and an even better battery life.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

The problem is that there are more and more 5 in+ smartphones with high end specs in the market. While there's only a handful of other high end spec phones with the size of Moto X or smaller.

For example:

Moto X (would you even consider this high end?)

Z1 Compact

Iphone 5S

S5 Mini (this doesn't count in my book because of their bloatware)

Core i5 3470 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ | Kingston 8GB DDR3 (1600Mhz) | Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V LGA1155 | Asus Geforce GTX 670 2GB DirectCUII OC | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATAIII | LITEON 24x DVD-RW | Cooler Master Silent Pro M600W | Xigmatek Midgard II Window | Logitech G100 Gaming Keyboard | LG 23" IPS234V | Edifier M1380 | Bravo Audio Ocean Tube Amp | Sennheiser HD600 | Sansa Clip+ | Yamaha EPH-100