ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook & GIVEAWAY

It looks like a budget gaming laptop.. But the red accents and brush aluminum finish was great..

I think my favourite thing is the red line that runs round the laptop.It looks so awesome :D

It sure has to be the sexy looks with wicked specs

Nice review as always, Linus!

I'm really glad you went over the form factor of the G550JK in this review. I've been using an ASUS G53 JW for the last few years and I love it to death, but at the same time I've been well aware of its shortcomings since the beginning, and form factor was certainly one of its weak points. The screen, though gorgeous, had pretty bad glare and viewing angles, it was bulky and not too easy on the eyes, and the matte finish damaged easily.

I've been keeping an eye on ASUS' newer gaming laptop releases over the last three years and watching them gradually improve, and I'm pleased that your review was so detailed as to show exactly how much of an improvement the G550JK is. Sure, ASUS has managed to deliver yet another laptop that's stunning in terms of hardware, but the big leap is in cramming all of that performance into such a modest-sized, attractive-looking, and more durable housing. So thanks for going into detail about the stuff that might not matter so much to the average buyer, but makes all the difference in determining just how much ASUS has improved their laptop designs.

And of course a big thanks to you and everyone at Linus Media for holding this contest! Long time fan of your guys' videos and occasional lurker on your site, but win or lose I think this give me quite a bit of impetus to get a little more involved.  :P 

PS: Loving the more recent references to /r/PCMasterrace in some of your recent videos  :lol:

I like the brushed metal back and the red backlit keys

The aluminium looks sweet! xD love it

I like it because its gaming and not bulky

I like it because its gaming and not bulky

My favourite feature is having a high end graphics card with a screen which can take advantage of the quality of image without overheating, while still being a sleek and sexy look that does not have too much junk in the trunk that would stop me from wanting to pick up this laptop (and do naughty things with it).

I really like the aluminum build and that red accent too. Ohhhh, and that IPS panel too. If I win this thing I can now throw my ASUS N53sm laptop. LOL.

Also it has a pretty damn good specs with the price.

The IPS screen for sure, its really nice to have those viewing angles if you need to show someone else something on the notebook.

The amazingly sexy design that Asus is just sooo good at!

The amazingly sexy design that Asus is just sooo good at!

The merging of sleek design and power is impressive.

My favourite thing about the G550JK would have to be the 1080p IPS screen.

Dat red lighting on the side..... I think I'm in love with this thing <3

Reasonable price and great looks.

I like its aluminum body and the ips screen!

i really like the 1080P ips screen because it has nice viewing angles and even to this day many laptops arent 1080p and have poor viewing angles,for a laptop it has an amazing design