Rant - People Still Using the i5-4670k in 2014

Wow, trolling now? Trolling died in the IRC days. Your use of ad hominem and ad ignorantiam are very high here, guys. I'm looking for a solid debate but you are ignoring reasoning, logic, ps, pl, sticker, and architectural funding, along with even value.

You would get a solid debate if you actually presented your facts in an intellectual manner, as @TopWargamer has. All we have from you is your opinion. Like I said before, get some benchmarks to back up your "facts" and we will talk.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Lol.

Lots of love?

Well, If you wish to send me love, that's fine with me.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I sense a massive troll..... As an 8350 user I'm not afraid to admit that the 4670k outperforms my chip by a bit.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

The 8350 is equal to the 4770k. Deal with the PS, and PL. It's illogical to say otherwise, I guess the 8350 is pitiful? You asserted it's 8 cores were a gimmick, yet you say it's weak due to such. They hold much higher ability via the bundles and the packages and the core difference. Learn stickers and architecture. 

Fanboy..

First of all....

I am J. I am an excellent debater. No one can defeat me, no one ever shall. I have let my legacy grow, and it will forever more rule on.

Uh, no.

Second of all, sharing resources between two cores that are unable to perform as many instructions clock per clock compared to a 4670k causes stuttering and poor performance. It's like giving two people a task of screwing things in and giving them one screw driver.

Value, LOGIC, PS, AND PL declare your argument and "status" invalid. Take a look at the cores and the gaming differences, along with the smooth performances. Intel is bad, you just can't see it.

zhPhhRE.gif

I'm out, see ya. No use arguing with a troll.

COMIC SANS

Wow, trolling now? Trolling died in the IRC days. Your use of ad hominem and ad ignorantiam are very high here, guys. I'm looking for a solid debate but you are ignoring reasoning, logic, ps, pl, sticker, and architectural funding, along with even value.

What @TheSLSAMG said.

We're all presenting you with benchmarks, some of which are taking into consideration pricing. I guarantee you didn't even click ONE of the links I provided you, as they all looked at the price-performance ratio. Yes, most said the 8350 was slightly better in price-performance. We're not knocking that. We are saying that the 4670k and 4770k are simply better, no matter the price, and some of us NEED that BETTER-NESS as opposed to a "good value" decent chip.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Hyperthreading is a gimmick. Threads =/= cores. You benefit more from core performance than your gimmicky "hyper-threading". Learn more about the architectural build of processors and about AMD's physical cores and value. The Athlon 750k is enough to handle the 4670k, the 760k indisputably stomps it via logic, ps, pl, and sticker specs. Benchmark that.

Could say the same for you. 

Value, LOGIC, PS, AND PL declare your argument and "status" invalid. Take a look at the cores and the gaming differences, along with the smooth performances. Intel is bad, you just can't see it.

are...are you retarded?... sure, another thread isn't as helpful as another core, but when a core that's strong enough to beat out two of it's competition has another thread it can handle, the it's sure as hell better than having 2 puny cores handle different tasks. Case and point, my sempron vs P4 HT example. My sempron couldn't even handle having youtube and another chrome tab open without skipping of the video when switching tabs. Meanwhile, the similarly powerful, yet hyperthreaded Pentium swaps tabs like nobodies business, only slowing down due to RAM limitations. If that's not a real world benchmark, then i don't know what is. Hell i could even make a youtube video to prove it if you like(assuming my iPod will upload it...)

Also, did you not watch the video? Austin did the benchmarks and the 750K got demolished. The 760K is only marginally better! if you're running a low end machine, then i agree that the i5 isn't worth the money, but if you have the budget, then go intel and be done with it.

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

What a great debate! I'm glad you asked us to provide information, and to support our own argument, in this mature conversation, to respond with "Wrong."

You seem to have forgotten the entirety of the "Why" section in your whole argument. Also, the 750k holds its own against the 4670k? Not to fanboy, but I think facts are facts these days.

Come on, man. If you're going to talk out of your ass, at least make it stink.

I'm fairly non-biased myself. I have two rigs with AMD cpu's in them. I have an Intel in my MAIN rig for a reason; I actually do demanding things. An 8350 would not hold as well as my 4770k does in rendering, editing, multi-tasking, and even gaming, since I play a lot of CPU-intensive games, and hell, it would probably even have trouble with my live-streaming and music production being as I'm on three monitors when I'm doing it.

Yes, the 8350 does. There is no such thing as a "cpu-intensive game" and if so, AMD performs it better. AMD works hard in it's cores and physical performance and value to give you the BEST POSSIBLE PERFORMANCE and has 8 physical cores that operate together. Learn more about architecture. AMD trouble live-streaming? I'm certain you do not watch many livestreams.. lol, a 2nd gen processor can handle livestreams. Fail much..? 

But you didn't actually cite any evidence either. You say it's backed by evidence but didn't cite anything. Can you please? Or is this more like a new religion when you get to say anything you want and tell us that you're right until we disprove you?

I did cite my evidence. Here's what AMD has. 

1. AMD vs Intel - Value - AMD WINS

2. AMD vs Intel - Cores - AMD WINS

3. AMD vs Intel - Base GHz - AMD WINS

You deserve a shit-ton of likes for this.

Hold on, lemme do something.

Because it is the ONLY good Intel CPU in my opinion. Gaming is solely based off of cores (while I do miss my 8 cores I had with my 9370 build T_T), gigahertz, and GPU POWER. Which would get higher fps? An A10 with Dual 780 TI's or An i7 with a 7970? EXACTLY.