WE NEED A LAPTOP SECTION

Mobile devices

We are looking at splitting that up a bit though.

Its included in the Computer Hardware section and Genral Discussion, LTT is universal and not only for pc

P.S Laptop is sh*t, no offense

Oh really?  

Honestly, if I didn't enjoy the desktop experience so much, I would probably own a great laptop like this one.  I still might pick one up in the future so I can be lazy and game on my couch in my office while watching youtube/netflix

You can see all of my reviews posted in the Member Reviews Section! 

I haven't really done anything for laptops but reported every laptop related in GD towards mobile devices sections. Exception being those related gaming since they can belong in PC gaming. Or to OS & software. But in all seriousnes. I think this is same as Linux discussion. Why need whole forum just for general discussion? You only need thread like this, maybe pinned on top. And all other things would just be "is this good laptop" and "recommend me a laptop" threads.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I support this As long as the Description of said forum says "I am a Potato user :D"

CPU : AMD FX-6300 Black Edition | CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Case : NZXT Source 220 | GPU : Asus GTX 770 | HDD : Western Digital WD Blue 1TB | MoBo : ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 | PSU : CORSAIR RM750 | Ram : Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 8GB

I dunno... the mobile section is already one of the slowest...

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I support this As long as the Description of said forum says "I am a Potato user :D"

"potato" 

razer-blade-gallery-v3-02.png

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

"potato" 

-snip-

The likely hood of someone Spending $2,199.99 on a laptop is probably .1 out of 10

CPU : AMD FX-6300 Black Edition | CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Case : NZXT Source 220 | GPU : Asus GTX 770 | HDD : Western Digital WD Blue 1TB | MoBo : ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 | PSU : CORSAIR RM750 | Ram : Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 8GB

The likely hood of someone Spending $2,199.99 on a laptop is probably .1 out of 10

well ya know..... there are, other than the expensive top tier laptops, many other affordable laptops that also pump out some great performance.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

I don't think it deserves its own subforum myself seeing as we have many subforums and it'd be better to keep it less cluttered. I already feel the ones towards the bottom are either: A.) lower priority/less popular, thus put towards the bottom of the list, (and/) or B.) suffering in activity because they are at the bottom. Adding a dedicated one doesn't mean laptop discussion be more active at all. And yeah, we have the mobile section. Laptops are considered mobile devices, at least to an extent, and while you're not excluded to upgrading certain parts or discussing what is better when the amount of discussion regarding laptops is inferior to desktop in general already, possibly even for almost any general pc hardware section as well.

It definitely doesn't seem necessary, and I highly doubt any admins will bite regarding the topic of adding a dedicated subforum anyway.

"Potato"

Toshiba+Satellite+P75-A7200+(5).jpg

Broke 14 Year old + No job + Love for Technology = Bad combo :(

I don't think it deserves its own subforum myself seeing as we have many subforums and it'd be better to keep it less cluttered. I already feel the ones towards the bottom are either: A.) lower priority/less popular, thus put towards the bottom of the list, (and/) or B.) suffering in activity because they are at the bottom. Adding a dedicated one doesn't mean laptop discussion be more active at all. And yeah, we have the mobile section. Laptops are considered mobile devices, at least to an extent, and while you're not excluded to upgrading certain parts or discussing what is better when the amount of discussion regarding laptops is inferior to desktop in general already, possibly even for almost any general pc hardware section as well.

It definitely doesn't seem necessary, and I highly doubt any admins will bite regarding the topic of adding a dedicated subforum anyway.

the mobile section is cluttered with questions and threads about phone games, etc... nothing really about laptops even though there is the occasional post about a laptop, there should be a dedicated sub forum where laptop owners can go for quick advice and a dedicated crowd.

the mobile section is cluttered with questions and threads about phone games, etc... nothing really about laptops even though there is the occasional post about a laptop, there should be a dedicated sub forum where laptop owners can go for quick advice and a dedicated crowd.

If it's cluttered with phone games, I think there needs to be a change in moderation. There's a subforum for mobile gaming specifically.

I am still waiting for a response from Linus. KEEP YOUR FINGERES CROSSED!!  :(

If it's cluttered with phone games, I think there needs to be a change in moderation. There's a subforum for mobile gaming specifically.

what im tryna say is that sub forum is lightly used for laptop questions and there really is no help when you do ask most of the time, would be helpful to laptop users for there to be a dedicated forum for it.

Sounds good, maybe make a poll for yes or no so that management can have a good idea as to how the general consensus is on this subject.

@Johntheawesomeguy

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

This would be a great idea as there a significant amount who use a laptop :D 

I made a post about making a section dedicated to laptops and laptop users(http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/173054-we-need-a-laptop-section/) an I decided to make a poll since my post had gotten a lot of attention. credit to the idea of making a poll goes to @seiny. Here is the poll http://strawpoll.me/2014998. DON'T LEAVE COMMENTS HERE PUT THEM AT http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/173054-we-need-a-laptop-section/!!!!!

You know... The forum has a poll function..

And a Laptop section...  

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

It shouldn't be just a laptop section, but a section for all mobile devices including laptops, phones, and tablets.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

We have a laptop section...

Consumer Electronics

Mobile Devices

Phones,Tablets,Laptops,Etc.

That's a mobile devices section. We want a section for laptops with things about upgrading laptops, recommending laptops, laptop specs, laptop questions/ trouble shooting

It shouldn't be just a laptop section, but a section for all mobile devices including laptops, phones, and tablets.

we have a mobile device section but me and a lot of people want a laptop dedicated section.

yeah! i think this thread can work, there are lot of folks who asks laptop related stuff in general threads , this can combine only those who use them,but mostl;y it will be trouble shooting related questions i believe, but it is nessesary.

Details separate people.

Isn't there such a section already? Called "Mobile Devices"? Do you mean you want a separate laptop exclusive section?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That's a joke, right? There's a mobile section.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.