WE NEED A LAPTOP SECTION

Laptop is shit is not focused on the performance. And also, it probably isnt. Not sure though. Too lazy to look^^

if youre trying to talk down on laptops, come to my place and say it to my razer blade and its GTX 870M

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Laptop is shit is not focused on the performance. And also, it probably isnt. Not sure though. Too lazy to look^^

how is a laptop not focused on performance? Every laptop manufacturer is competing to make the fastest laptop in the market, have you looked at Asus' gaming lineup? or MSI's? Or any of Lenovo's laptops? Stop being ignorant.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

how is a laptop not focused on performance? Every laptop manufacturer is competing to make the fastest laptop in the market, have you looked at Asus' gaming lineup? or MSI's? Or any of Lenovo's laptops? Stop being ignorant.

I currently own the toshiba satellite P75-A7200  :D I <3 it.

Broke 14 Year old + No job + Love for Technology = Bad combo :(

I currently own the toshiba satellite P75-A7200  :D I <3 it.

laptop users FTW :D

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

It's not shit... Many people are always moving around and can't have a desktop PC ..

Just because people use it doesn't mean that it isn't lacking in performance. *cough*consoles*cough*

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Just because people use it doesn't mean that it isn't lacking in performance. *cough*consoles*cough*

It's not lacking in performance.. You can get laptops that have better performance that high-end PC..

Sure it costs more but you still get the performance..

For example : There are laptops that have better performance that you have.. I saw a laptop  that had i think 870m sli and an i7(i know its a mobile one so its not better, its equal) so yeah..

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

I contacted Linus! Every cross your fingers!

Broke 14 Year old + No job + Love for Technology = Bad combo :(

Tell that to Google and the Chromebook :P

Laptops aren't always about going the fastest, same as cars. Some people buy cars based on gas/millage more than the motor and some people buy light laptops instead of enthusiast desktops.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

laptop users FTW :D

ANOTHER LAPTOP USER COMES IN, using the HD 7310 tho... Even a 9600gt was a big jump 

Even though I mainly use my desktop I like this idea.

Support!

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Laptops are not shit  and you would know that if you had ever owned one. And there are laptops dedicated to performance and gaming.

I do own a 2 year old 300€ hp laptop. I said the term laptops are shit from the guy i quoted isnt focused on performance vs some kind of laptop or pc. Also, the laptops dedicated for performance are nowhere near a pc, and those who are rather powerfull are fat and ugly.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I quoted someone that said laptops are shit. Why do you all thinm thats what i think/said?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I wouldn't game on a laptop with it being on my lap, that's the thing.

The future consists of high performance desktop + NVIDIA Gamestream like technology to an ultrabook.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

I'm in agreement with this, laptop hardware is different from desktop in a number of ways and I think a dedicated subforum would be beneficial.

Go under Console Section xD same thing more or less locked down to about everything but harddrive upgrades 99% of the time...jk

could a good idea... Could be...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

It's not lacking in performance.. You can get laptops that have better performance that high-end PC..

Sure it costs more but you still get the performance..

For example : There are laptops that have better performance that you have.. I saw a laptop  that had i think 870m sli and an i7(i know its a mobile one so its not better, its equal) so yeah..

Ok you brought the competitive side out of me. I really couldn't find a benchmark other than 3DMark11, but the GTX 780 gets a score of 14,020 while the GTX 870m SLI with an Intel 4900MQ gets a graphics score gets 13,589. So yeah...

It's only marginally better for 3DMark11. Bring some more benchmarks to me and I may yield to you.

Edit: On GPUBoss a single 870m gets a 3DMark11 gets a score of 25,112 points. Wot. I don't even. Yeah that's broken because the 880m gets a MUCH lower 3DMark11 score than 25k.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Ok you brought the competitive side out of me. I really couldn't find a benchmark other than 3DMark11, but the GTX 780 gets a score of 14,020 while the GTX 870m SLI with an Intel 4900MQ gets a graphics score gets 13,589. So yeah...

It's only marginally better for 3DMark11. Bring some more benchmarks to me and I may yield to you.

Edit: On GPUBoss a single 870m gets a 3DMark11 gets a score of 25,112 points. Wot. I don't even.

my 870m is ballerrrrrr

my 870m is ballerrrrrr

It is. Razer?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Its included in the Computer Hardware section and Genral Discussion, LTT is universal and not only for pc

P.S Laptop is sh*t, no offense

Your post is shit

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

It is. Razer?

yes sir.

My 3 yr old asus g73 jw will still play about any game that is out, maybe not on high settings but it gets the job done sort of lol, my daughter is playing Gary's Mod on it right now. Now my desktop that is 3 yrs newer and very high end blows it out of the water. I like the idea of high end laptops for the portable gaming bit but I honestly used my g73 on a desk with a second monitor hooked up like a desktop 99% of the time, only time it was a "lap" top was when I was just web browsing at someone else's house or in bed. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

yeah but that doesn't have much for laptop users

It's under the Consumer Electronics section called "Mobile Devices" with the tag "Phones, Tablets, Laptops".  And there are TONS of threads comparing different laptops, performance, suggestions, reviews, etc.