WE NEED A LAPTOP SECTION

Isn't there such a section already? Called "Mobile Devices"? Do you mean you want a separate laptop exclusive section?

yes

Broke 14 Year old + No job + Love for Technology = Bad combo :(

We needs a laptop/notebook/netbook/ultrabook forum section

Laptop/Notbook/Netbook/Ultrabook/Ultrabook Convertable/Laptop Convertable/Notebook Convertable/Tablet Convertable/Ultrabook Removable/Laptop Removable/Notebook Removable

All the types!

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Laptop/Notbook/Netbook/Ultrabook/Ultrabook Convertable/Laptop Convertable/Notebook Convertable/Tablet Convertable/Ultrabook Removable/Laptop Removable/Notebook Removable

All the types!

Just like the asus duo multi transformer thingy that was featured on the Wan Show.

I'm all for separating Laptops from Phones&Tablets.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

If it's cluttered with phone games, I think there needs to be a change in moderation. There's a subforum for mobile gaming specifically.

Thats each users own fault. There's report function which you can use to clear section from topics that don't belong there. Moderation has too much to do already so they don't consentrate power on certain subforums unless they have own interest on those. I, as premium reporter, could start to check it just for clearing purposes.

It shouldn't be just a laptop section, but a section for all mobile devices including laptops, phones, and tablets.

Thats basicly what there currently is http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/8-mobile-devices/

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This would be a great idea as there a significant amount who use a laptop :D

I use a laptop, intel HD 3000 for life! :D

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Yeah we should get a Laptop/notebook section with trubleshooting tips, polls and such ;_;

If we make this big enough maybe an admin will get on it.^^

It's a                        Hajimimashite

Sleeping Cat             Watashi wa Miku Hatsune Desu :3

Mjau (^w^)                Linus wa kawaii desu! Hai ka XD

Yes we do need a dedicated laptop section

i myself have had trouble on this forum on getting responses on laptop questions.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Bump. The "mobile" sections doesn't really cover much on laptops. I mean there's some, but a lot of the threads there are about phones and whatnot. 

Hi ! (sorry if my english is bad it's because I'm french :P  )

I have been saving up some money to buy a pc and next year i'm going to university and I'm searching for a good pc to do some homeworks ... , and i play some games like starcraft or CS .. , my budget is around 800 €. So if anyone would help me on my research i would be very thankful !  :D 

Thats why my laptop performs the same if not better than your desktop.

Your Laptop kills his rig, even my 'half a pc' according to Linus does...

EDIT: To be fair, it also costs much more than his rig...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I have been saving up some money to buy a pc and next year i'm going to university and I'm searching for a good pc to do some homeworks ... , and i play some games like starcraft or CS .. , my budget is around 800 €. So if anyone would help me on my research i would be very thankful !  :D 

Welcome to the forum, please post this in "New builds and planning", I'll help you and others will as well...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Welcome to the forum, please post this in "New builds and planning", I'll help you and others will as well...

Done ! and thanks  :D

there are tons of good pc's out there in your price range. But it might be better for you to build a pc. If I'm correct 800 Euros is about $1000 which is plenty of money for a powerful gaming pc that you could build your self

Broke 14 Year old + No job + Love for Technology = Bad combo :(

Your Laptop kills his rig, even my 'half a pc' according to Linus does...

EDIT: To be fair, it also costs much more than his rig...

I don't know how much his cost but my laptop was 750

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla