ie not good.

Swndlr

i figured i would yet again try the infamous internet explorer and for no more than 2 weeks i sat there ready to throw my laptop at a wall due to the slow performace and laggy browsing that ie has to offer and i kept saying to myself "maybe its just some slow internet, the weather is pretty bad out" then after 4 days straight of trying to come up with the same excuse, i quit it and went back to the beloved google chrome that i forever loved and will use until the end of time... dont use ie if you have half a brain. the minute ii returned back to using chrome everything seemed perfect, browsing was once again fast and responsive... THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I have had zero problems with IE. And i've used it for two years straight...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

helping, on 27 Jun 2014 - 8:38 PM, said:

it's seriously not that bad

all the current browsers have their own downfalls.

Marry me pls..

techswede, on 27 Jun 2014 - 8:26 PM, said:

Yeah, other then the occasional crash. It works the best imo. fastest with a 26mb up

Yes it does, I have not used IE since late 2003- 2004.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Ive never needed to change browsers. IE hasn't crashed or slowed down at all for me. But I only really use windows for gaming otherwise I'm on safari on osx.

i used chrome all the time prior to my temporary switch and i think ill just stick with chrome tbh 

firefox master race

i also tied this. didnt work so well :P

it was super laggy and slow compared to chrome, idk if this is only for my laptop... from the response im getting im assuming it is :S

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Yes it does, I have not used IE since late 2003- 2004.

thank you someone who feels my struggle <3

Firefox master race!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Firefox master race!

on the blade it was laggy, same issues i was having with ie. idk why but i guess the relationships of me and other browsers are simply not meant to be. chrome has my heart locked up in its hands

Internet explorer isn't bad anymore. I use it on my desktop sometimes because Chrome has the tendency to be unstable sometimes. And Chrome uses metric tons of system resources if you have multiple tabs and windows open. 

Safari on mac and mobile devices. 

It isn't bad anymore, and it's usually faster in my experience. 

I still don't like it though. Crappy download system and crappy tab management. 

Maxthon cloud browser :)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I want Netscape back

firefox master race

Half the time my Firefox crashes xD Only really use it for chrome incompatible websites

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Half the time my Firefox crashes xD Only really use it for chrome incompatible websites

I have to admit firefox is starting to annoy me but I've used it for years and I know it inside out, in comparison in terms of my PC useage chrome is relatively new.

I use chrome as primary on android however, and firefox as secondary even though droid chrome ain't exactly a light running app.

Looks like you've got a dodgy setup, Are you comparing I.E 6 with the latest chrome?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/chrome-27-firefox-21-opera-next,3534-5.html

It's all horses for course, I have xero issues with FF, occasionally site compatibility with IE (probably because I don't update as I often as I should) And have experienced nothing in chrome that would make the swap worth it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Title edited due to inappropriate language. 

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I have to admit firefox is starting to annoy me but I've used it for years and I know it inside out, in comparison in terms of my PC useage chrome is relatively new.

I use chrome as primary on android however, and firefox as secondary even though droid chrome ain't exactly a light running app.

I see, sadly I use the stock browser on Android xD, I have chrome and firefox but they are missing stuff...

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I see, sadly I use the stock browser on Android xD, I have chrome and firefox but they are missing stuff...

Really? Such as?

Looks like you've got a dodgy setup, Are you comparing I.E 6 with the latest chrome?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/chrome-27-firefox-21-opera-next,3534-5.html

It's all horses for course, I have xero issues with FF, occasionally site compatibility with IE (probably because I don't update as I often as I should) And have experienced nothing in chrome that would make the swap worth it.

i have the latest version of ie.

Really? Such as?

Certain Flash Players on such on specific websites

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Certain Flash Players on such on specific websites

I didn't know that, I never used the stock browser I just assumed chrome/FF would be better, I'll start using it for a while and see how I get on. (It's the browser on stock 4.3 I stil have a Gnex, and although it's rooted I have the stock rom because I like the stability)

Chrome

Pros:

• Has a good UI (maybe a little too simple for some)
  • Is fast
  • Has plenty of great add-ons

Cons:

• Is Google. That means it is in a semi-broken state with all other Google services
  • Limited functionality in comparison to Firefox
  • Sometimes webpages simply DO NOT WORK and I have to paste the link into FF or IE

Firefox

Pros:

• Has a decent UI
  • Isn't Google

Cons:

• Slower
  • Fewer add-ons
  • Sometimes forgets autofill data

Internet Explorer

Pros:

• IE with Win8 is stable and fast
  • Isn't Google

Cons:

• UI is pretty difficult to use with a mouse/keyboard compared to Chrome and FF (it's pretty good for tablets though)
  • Limited functionality in comparison to Chrome/FF
  • Sometimes forgets autofill data

To this date I haven't found a browser I can happily use 100% of the time. I find myself switching between Chrome and FF frequently because sometimes certain features/pages/add-ons will be fundamentally broken.

Remember, this is all in my personal experience. Your experience may vary.