Radeon HD 78xx series owners club.

G.Freeman

gigabyte 7870 at 1250 mhz.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

guess I'm part of the club now...

(Nevermind, Sent it back because i'm holding out for next gen)

XFX 7870 with Arctic Mono installed. OC'ed to 1151MHz with 59C max with MSI kombuster. Fan is absolutely silent, never goes above 40%.

| CPU: Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.26v | GPU: AMD R9 290X @ 1090MHz |

| RAM: 2x4GB Samsung Green @ 2133MHz OC |

| PSU: Corsair RM850 | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | 

• 2 weeks later...

DCU2 v2 7850 here. planning to get another soonish. got super dooper unlucky with my chip. stable at around 1ghz max otherwise i get freezes and BSOD

Asus Direct CU2 7850 at 1GHz 8Gig G.Skill Ripjaws X memory 1333 AMD 6300 at 4.7GHz(hoping to push 5+ with new cooler) 990FXA UD3 mobo all in a way oversized shinobi XL

Gigabyte 7870 OC @ 1100 / 1200, man this cooler is awesome but i can't OC this any further then the stock one and i do not want to touch the voltage.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

• 2 weeks later...

I have dual MSI 7850 OC editions at stock clocks.....It's the best price-to-performance ratio since I believe they can beat most single 7970's. My PC does freeze randomly at times when it's in crossfire mode but there's too many variables with my PC to narrow down the culprit to that issue & I've given up on figuring out what the real problem is.

Netflix Laptop: Asus G73JH-BST7 Specs: i7-740QM @1.73 but turbo up to 3.00+!, 6GB DDR3, 1GB HD5870, 640GB HD, 16x9

Gaming PC: Specs: i5 2500k @ 4ghz, 16 GB DDR3 G.Skill @1600, 2 2GB MSI 7850's @ 1050/1300, 700w OCZ PSU, Corsair 400R case, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard. 2 16x9 Acer monitor (Don't hate)

I have a sapphire 7870 oc edition, little hot ~69C.  Anyway AMD is driving me crazy...they moved up to catalyst 13.6 beta drives but the latest official drive still remains as 13.4.  

MSI R7850 twin frozr 3 OC edition then OC'd to 965/1250, not too conifident on the whole OC'ing thing just yet, this card is a replacement for a faulty 6870 i got (which burned out, no OC.... 4 months later...) 

Any of us guys (and possibly girls) running or ran eyefinity? just got myself 3 new monitors (waiting on the bloody active mini DP to dvi aint i -_- ) and just curious on the best way to set it all up, software wise, for everyday use and gaming.

Mine is coming in a few days. Cant wait.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Sapphire 7870 XT :)

• CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955, Chassis/Case: InWin Dragon Rider, Motherboard: Asus M4A89GTD Pro, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz, Video Card: Sapphire 7870 XT w/ Boost, Power Supply: Corsair TX750 V2
  • Monitors: 3x Asus MX279H

MSI R7850 twin frozr 3 OC edition then OC'd to 965/1250, not too conifident on the whole OC'ing thing just yet, this card is a replacement for a faulty 6870 i got (which burned out, no OC.... 4 months later...) 

Any of us guys (and possibly girls) running or ran eyefinity? just got myself 3 new monitors (waiting on the bloody active mini DP to dvi aint i -_- ) and just curious on the best way to set it all up, software wise, for everyday use and gaming.

the way for OC i use is...

step 1 - rise the gpu number at max, and use the stock memory number

step 1.1 - use "-10 gpu" runs until all work well

step 2 - rise the memory number at max and use stock gpu number

step 2.1 - use "-30 memory" runs until all work well

step 3 - use the OC numbers on gpu and memory and start the benchmarks

for the 3x1080p you can use DP - HDMI - DVI

and the CCC software do the rest

if you have 3x1440p you will need DP - DP - DVI

the way for OC i use is...

step 1 - rise the gpu number at max, and use the stock memory number

step 1.1 - use "-10 gpu" runs until all work well

step 2 - rise the memory number at max and use stock gpu number

step 2.1 - use "-30 memory" runs until all work well

step 3 - use the OC numbers on gpu and memory and start the benchmarks

for the 3x1080p you can use DP - HDMI - DVI

and the CCC software do the rest

if you have 3x1440p you will need DP - DP - DVI

Hey cheers, its mainly not knowing what im doing coupled with not being able to afford the replacement if i get it wrong haha

and with the eyefinity i know how to set it all up (waiting for the mini DP adapter to be delivered) i meant how to customize the desktop, i had a go at using hydravision and the rest of the goodies included with that on a tester 2 screen EF group i made and couldnt work out how to use it properly, had a little scan round for a thread explaining this but had no luck :( just wanting to have separate 'desktops' for each monitor like you get from extending onto the 2 screens but then i want to be able to play games (obviously, why else would a gamer get 3 monitors lol)

im just stuck and reading through endless AMD blurb is hurting my head 

don't worry, all will work fine (autodetect monitor will do all the work easy)

i use a Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC 2GB to (very similar to you card)  ^_^

and i use this numbers 1050 gpu and 1330 memory

the 7000 series is a very strong and safe card   :wub:

7870 ghz from sapphire, oc'ed to 1190 (just cant get 1200) core and 1450 mem. Temps during stresstest were 65ºC :)

Proud to be from Belgium.

Sapphire 7850 owner here

i5 3470 | MSI B75MA P45 | 8GB Value Ram | Plextor M5S 128GB | Sapphire 7850 | WD Blue 1TB | SF 600W Gold | CM Storm Scout II

i've got 2 xfx 7850 dd, one is a black edition and the other one isn't, they are running both at 1000/5400 and in these really hot days (30-35°C) they reach almost 78-79°C in heavy games such as crysis 3 or, with not a fair payback in terms of graphic quality, remember me (damn porting)

here's a photo of the set up

530924_10200125020221491_582392277_n.jpg

My Rig:

Case: Cooler Master CM II 690 Advanced USB3; Motherboard: Asus P8z77-v; Processor: i5 3550 3.3 GHz - 3.7GHz, oc @ 3.9-4.1 GHz; Graphic cards: two XFX 7850 black edition oc @ 1 GHz; 

Ram: Corsair Vengance Red 2x4 GB 1600 MHz CL8; Heatsink: Noctua NH-U9B; Power supply: Corsair HX750 W 80 Plus Gold; Storage: SSD Vertex 3 120 GB +2 HDD Wester Digital 1 TB

Hi does anyone have any suggestions about an aftermarket cooler for my powercolor hd 7870 xt?

CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2X4GB) 1600MHZ, Mobo: Asus P8Z77M, Chassis: Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass editionStorage: Seagate 1TB + Samsung 2TB In RAID 0 + Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Sound Card: Asus Xonar DS, Mouse: Steelseries Sensei, Keyboard: CM Storm Quick Fire Pro, Monitor: BenQ G2410HD + Samsung SA1900

1005584_10200658480936066_2012095211_n.j

7870, haven't started OC'ing yet. . . .Hitting about 28/30 idle and 60/65 under load atm.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

ITS HERE! :D Time for some eyefinity goodness, and i just started my 5 day break off work.

Time to play games till my eyes bleed :)

don't worry, all will work fine (autodetect monitor will do all the work easy)

i use a Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC 2GB to (very similar to you card)  ^_^

and i use this numbers 1050 gpu and 1330 memory

the 7000 series is a very strong and safe card   :wub:

cheers :) know just testing what it can really push, crysis 3, bf3, swtor, skyrim.. those are my tests now i have a silly resolution lol

ITS HERE! :D Time for some eyefinity goodness, and i just started my 5 day break off work.

Time to play games till my eyes bleed :)

cheers :) know just testing what it can really push, crysis 3, bf3, swtor, skyrim.. those are my tests now i have a silly resolution lol

try a Valley benchmark (this one is cool and give you a temp monitor to)  ^_^

yea ill give it a go now, dont need a temp monitor though, got the corsair link commander and asus AI suite is complaining at me lol

quick question though, can you point me the right direction to where i can optimize everything properly? i dunno it just doesnt feel all that fluid, i get screen tearing every now n then n little lag spikes when doing things (no in game as well) 

i dunno, got a pretty ballin' system but doesnt feel it if you get me?

ok.... can i just say.. Valley benchmark on across 3 panels is BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely stunning

ok.... can i just say.. Valley benchmark on across 3 panels is BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely stunning

lol true  :lol: i love Valley benchmark

5Ad3VTC.jpg

lomhfz6.jpg

Sorry for the blurry camera but thought id share my pride n joy :)

wow, so awesome machine, congrats  :wub:

yea ill give it a go now, dont need a temp monitor though, got the corsair link commander and asus AI suite is complaining at me lol

quick question though, can you point me the right direction to where i can optimize everything properly? i dunno it just doesnt feel all that fluid, i get screen tearing every now n then n little lag spikes when doing things (no in game as well) 

i dunno, got a pretty ballin' system but doesnt feel it if you get me?

the benchmark part is simple

wen you see tearing or spikes (even if all still work well), is a signal for throw a -10 gpu or a -30 memory

that is the system telling you that "is not stable yet" (all have to work flawlessly well, no tearing, no spikes)

(and is a good opportunity to see the valley benchmark 100 times more lol)  :D

keep in mind that Valley is a true heavy benchmark (i will say is even more heavy that Crysis 3)

if all run well in Valley, it can run anything that you throw in there (use the Preset: Extreme HD for the test runs)