[UPDATED with a working 60 FPS video] YouTube is getting 48 and 60 FPS support and a tip jar

TopWargamer

The video is really amazing! why didn't they do this before now!!!

=

Haha try 4mbps! I can't even watch at 1080p reliably.

My mistake, I've been using my ISP's lowest tier for a while now, which is 50 Mbps.. :)

I don't think I need the 500 Mbps package just yet.

My mistake, I've been using my ISP's lowest tier for a while now, which is 50 Mbps.. :)

I don't think I need the 500 Mbps package just yet.

What country are you in? Those are pretty solid speeds.

Pilates

What country are you in? Those are pretty solid speeds.

Canada, though my situation is not typical.  :)

Also, you may find this next piece interesting: it is 50 up/50 down for just $45/month.  :)

That video is 30fps for me, it's dropping some.

EDIT, switched to chrome HTML5 and I can tell immediately without any stats for nerds needed that this is indeed 60fps.

I'm very happy about this because PC gamers now have an advantage not only on their own screens but now to be shown to the world on Youtube, console gameplay is now going to be even more second class.

30fps peasants to the dirt, 60fps is the new peng.

For me, it wasn't playing in 60 FPS until I turned on 1080p. Hopefully it won't be restricted to 1080p or higher.

COMIC SANS

For me, it wasn't playing in 60 FPS until I turned on 1080p. Hopefully it won't be restricted to 1080p or higher.

Yeah me too, I suppose they are thinking that if someone doesn't have the bandwidth for 1080p then they probably don't want to be doubling that to get 60fps at 1080p.

I think perhaps a framerate option will be offered in the cog menu along with the annotation/resolution/speed options.

720p on Chrome runs at 60FPS on my end.

Yeah me too, I suppose they are thinking that if someone doesn't have the bandwidth for 1080p then they probably don't want to be doubling that to get 60fps at 1080p.

I think perhaps a framerate option will be offered in the cog menu along with the annotation/resolution/speed options.

Which makes sense, since 60 fps videos roughly double the size of a regular 30 fps video. I'd still like to see the 60 fps option for at least 720p though.

COMIC SANS

Which makes sense, since 60 fps videos roughly double the size of a regular 30 fps video. I'd still like to see the 60 fps option for at least 720p though.

Yeah, especially for archives of pro game circuit matches like CSGO, I can easily see someone watching a CSGO match opt for 720P/60 over 1080P/30 if they only had bandwidth for one or the other.

Anyone know where to enable the tips?

They're not publicly available yet, but you can sign up to be invited to the beta here

HTTP/2 203

I now demand 60fps 4k Linus videos from now on.  NO MORE DELAYS !!!!!!!!!!!  WE KNOW YOU CAN SHOOT THIS NOW !!!!

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Canada, though my situation is not typical.  :)

Also, you may find this next piece interesting: it is 50 up/50 down for just $45/month.  :)

What ISP?

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

I experience playing with <20 Fps and 24 Fps. And I watched videos on 24 and 60 fps. 60 fps, it always make me go :o

I7-2600k (back to stock lol) + Noctua NH-D14 | Asus GTX 560 DC | Asus P8Z68 V/GEN3 | G.Skill RipjawsX 1333 Mhz 2x4 GB

CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer | ThermalTake ToughPower Grand 750W | LG IPS237L | Razer BlackWidow 2013 | Razer Electra

[WD Caviar Blue 500 GB | Hitachi 260 GB | Seagate 120 GB | Toshiba 300 GB] <Generic mousepad & a wireless Logitech mouse T_T>

Now I understand why Linus uploads his videos in 4K. 

Don't they actually have 4k cameras? I think they did a video one it once. 

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Don't they actually have 4k cameras? I think they did a video one it once. 

Yep. I believe they have them. IIRC at least.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

720p running at 60fps for me. awesome awesome stuff. Also I ran 2 720p videos simultaneously on the worst possible throttling time for me (Friday night) and ran without issue so I don't think bandwidth will be a problem (720p 60 fps beats 1080p 30 FPS any day of the week for me)

-------

Current Rig

-------

Source 1: http://kotaku.com/youtube-is-getting-60-fps-support-finally-1596759330?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Source 2: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/26/5847822/youtube-support-60-fps-video-tip-jar-fan-funding

From the YouTube Twitter:

9LNVR.png

According to Polygon, this video is running in 60 FPS. Change the resolution to 1080p and full screen it for the full experience.

Our begging is finally paying off! Now we don't have to do janky tactics to get '60 FPS' anymore. So woo, now we can have butter smooth videos. This is especially great for gaming videos! The added in tip jar is especially great, because a lot of people use Adblock, so content creators don't get the ad revenue whenever an Adblock user watches one of their videos. With the tip jar, if somebody is so kind enough, they can add in their little donation to help out the content creator.

The video is only running at 30 frames.

Dont trust me? Right click and get the stat for nerds, you will then see it decodes 30 in about a second.

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

Then comes the question: Will videos you upload have the option for 30, 48 and or 60? Also why 48 FPS? I'd of thought 45.

48FPS is the framerate used at IMAX cinemas, IIRC.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Dont trust me? Right click and get the stat for nerds, you will then see it decodes 30 in about a second.

Browser, flash/HTML5 and resolution?

It is currently known to only work correctly in HTML5 and at >=1080p, although there are mixed reports on 720p. Firefox currently has some issues with it, and I imagine IE is similar, so stick to Chrome to get the best youtube experience (it pains me to say that).

HTTP/2 203

Browser, flash/HTML5 and resolution?

It is currently known to only work correctly in HTML5 and at >=1080p, although there are mixed reports on 720p. Firefox currently has some issues with it, and I imagine IE is similar, so stick to Chrome to get the best youtube experience (it pains me to say that).

In Chrome, it works 720p 60FPS no problem for me, also 1080p ofc.

So, in Chrome >720p = 60FPS (for that Titanfall video).

It runs at 60 FPS when you set the resolution to 1080p.

COMIC SANS