Pumps and res better together or seperate?

I am thinking of making my first custom loop but I am not sure if I should get a m5 pump and res cobo or have the 2 seperate? (not sure if it's called m5 but you can see I am new to WC). So does it make any difference would it be better getting a pump and res combo for new comers, than move up to seperate pump and res? Note I am using a coolermaster storm strkyer case. So I have bare space but I don't have anything in my 51/4 bays which there are 3 individual bays.

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

Doesn't really matter.

You tend to get small reservoirs with combo units, so if you have the space or more money then get them seperate. If you're tight for space then get the combo unit.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Doesn't really matter.

You tend to get small reservoirs with combo units, so if you have the space or more money then get them seperate. If you're tight for space then get the combo unit.

I was thinking of getting a dual bay res with a industrial type pump in it if that was possible II think I found a video where this is possible: 

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

Yeah you can do that. Most bay reservoirs have room to attach the pump to. There's a new one from monsoon that looks really nice you could check out ;)

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I am thinking of making my first custom loop but I am not sure if I should get a m5 pump and res cobo or have the 2 seperate? (not sure if it's called m5 but you can see I am new to WC). So does it make any difference would it be better getting a pump and res combo for new comers, than move up to seperate pump and res? Note I am using a coolermaster storm strkyer case. So I have bare space but I don't have anything in my 51/4 bays which there are 3 individual bays.

I think you mean the D5 pump. Pump/res combos are purely for aesthetics. They look cleaner especially if it's one with a tube reservoir. Most pump/res combos involve using a aftermarket pump top which gives you better flow.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p12973_Alphacool-Repack---Dual-Laing-D5---Dual-5-25-Bay-Station.html    would something like this be able to push through 2, 240 rads and single120 rad ?

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

I've heard res/combo's are slightly noisier and a little worse but that's it so in all honesty go for which one you'd rather I think.

Personally, I prefer the tube style for aesthetics.  Priority is what can fit in your case, although it seems you have options w/the Stryker.  As long as it's fed right, shouldn't have a massive impact on your temps.  1) go with what fits 2) go with what you like!  Tube res combos are usually a bit more spendy as well...

what do you think of these parts

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p11319_Koolance-RP-452X2-Dual-5-25--Reservoir-for-1-2-PMP-450-S-D5-Pumps-Rev-2-0.html

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p10620_Alphacool-VPP655---single-edition.html x2

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p12533_XSPC-RayStorm-CPU-Intel-1oe-1156-1155-2011.html

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p12343_Alphacool-NexXxoS-ST30-Full-Copper-240mm.html x2

http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p12338_Alphacool-NexXxoS-ST30-Full-Copper-120mm.html

I am thinking of buying noctura's or corsair sp fans 

what tubing size should I get ? (blue please) 

will the metals react with eachother in this loop? 

if so will premix coolent surfice? such as this mix http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p9901_Mayhems-Pre-Mix-X1-UV-Blue-1000ml.html

I want to add a GPU fullcover as well but will a reference block work with a gigabyte card? 

Edit: I made a plan of what I want the loop to be like

D9CQEUc.jpg?1

key: blue=part,bay/rad. green/red=tubes. yellow=behind the tray.

sorry for the horrible Ps skills haven't used it much

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

I like using the pump/res combos because it means you have to buy 2 less fittings.

Although the pumps usually come with their own barbs, I don't really like the look of them either.

Tubing size doesn't really matter, as long as the ID is larger than 1/4"

A common size is 3/8" ID. I like using 5/8" OD, because the thicker walls help prevent kinking. I personally don't like the looks of the 1/2" ID 3/4" OD, because they look too fat. They may also run into compatibility issues with some waterblocks, because the G1/4 threads are too close together for 3/4" OD compression fittings.

I think having the 120mm rad is unnecessary, the two 240mm rads should be more than enough for only a GPU and CPU, and it should allow for ample overclocking on both.

Also, you should be careful about the radiator at the bottom and having a tube come out of that grommet from the back. If you are really set on routing it behind the MB tray, you might need to see if you will need angled adapters to make a tight turn.

Distilled water is an effective and cheap coolant. You don't need to buy premixed fluids, but you could if you wanted to. Brass and Copper don't really have any corrosion problems. You might have small trouble if you have nickel in your loop, and you WILL have problems if you have your coolant touching any aluminum. Luckily, only very very low end and cheap components are made out of aluminum, so you usually don't need to worry about that. As for the nickel, it might be useful to include a corrosion inhibiter in your loop. I think ethylene glycol or anything that contains that is a good corrosion inhibiter. You could mix anti-freeze and distilled water in your loop, and that would work.

For your GPU, go to this website and look up your exact model. After you have selected your GPU, if there is a watermark overlaying the GPU that says "nVidia Reference Design" or "AMD Reference Design", then you have a reference Graphics Card, and you can look for any Waterblock that you like that says that it will fit reference cards.

If your card does not have that watermark, then you will most likely have to purchase the full cover block from EK. I have not seen any other manufacturer produce non-reference waterblocks aside from EK.

I wanted to get a full cover block for my 770 but there are none, only universal that require fan or something for the rams. As I was getting another 770 in november (my birthday :/) and having a dual sli water cooled (I might just sell my 770 and buy 2 780s not sure :/)

something like this http://www.dabs.ie/products/evga-geforce-gtx-780-6gb-pci-express-3-0-hdmi-sc-w--acx-9HSZ.html?refs=4294945034-492860000-55130000&src=3 (it's this site because I live in ireland) could you find a fullcover block because I am not sure if that is a reference card. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

I wanted to get a full cover block for my 770 but there are none, only universal that require fan or something for the rams. As I was getting another 770 in november (my birthday :/) and having a dual sli water cooled (I might just sell my 770 and buy 2 780s not sure :/)

something like this http://www.dabs.ie/products/evga-geforce-gtx-780-6gb-pci-express-3-0-hdmi-sc-w--acx-9HSZ.html?refs=4294945034-492860000-55130000&src=3 (it's this site because I live in ireland) could you find a fullcover block because I am not sure if that is a reference card. 

Well you are correct in that the Gigabyte 770 4GB is a non-reference card, and there doesn't seem to be a full cover block for it.

If you really want to get a full cover block, you should replace it with a reference card.

Well you are correct in that the Gigabyte 770 4GB is a non-reference card, and there doesn't seem to be a full cover block for it.

If you really want to get a full cover block, you should replace it with a reference card.

that means I am prob going to have to buy a 780, shit. what 780s are reference?

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

There is not difference except aesthetics  if the reservoir is stand alone or a combo unit, the pump how ever makes all the difference. If you have a restrictive loop you need pressure more than flow if you don't have a restrictive loop you want flow more than pressure and in all cases you want the pump to be silent. Nothing worse than having a butt kicker in you PC case that shit is annoying.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

There is not difference except aesthetics  if the reservoir is stand alone or a combo unit, the pump how ever makes all the difference. If you have a restrictive loop you need pressure more than flow if you don't have a restrictive loop you want flow more than pressure and in all cases you want the pump to be silent. Nothing worse than having a butt kicker in you PC case that shit is annoying.

Well the res/pump combo I chosen is a dual pump setup, so the over head pressure should be a little more if i have done my research wrong

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

Well the res/pump combo I chosen is a dual pump setup, so the over head pressure should be a little more if i have done my research wrong

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with pressure but it does nothing in a water loop with little to no restriction however the more flow you have in a loop the faster water can get to the radiator and thus be cooled.

Which pump/res combo did you chose?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with pressure but it does nothing in a water loop with little to no restriction however the more flow you have in a loop the faster water can get to the radiator and thus be cooled.

Which pump/res combo did you chose?

I have the parts links in my message where i have my desired layout and parts links http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p11319_Koolance-RP-452X2-Dual-5-25--Reservoir-for-1-2-PMP-450-S-D5-Pumps-Rev-2-0.html

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl