Intel - "Talk to the Product Marketing Engineer" Live Chat & Giveaway

LinusTech

How long does it take to do the planning, testing, marketing etc, for a processor or even a complete product line?

Are you planning on going to any major events this year and next? Everything from Blizzcon, to VidCons and everything like that. And if so, which?

waht made you guys go back and revamp the pentium series?

My Setup

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k @4.4GHZ | COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOBO: Asus z87-Pro | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti SC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB (8GB) | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro (128GB) | HDD #1: Western Digital 1TB Black x2 | PSU: Antec HCG 850W | Case: Corsair C70 (Black)  | Display #1: BenQ RL2455HM | Display #2: LG Flatron Wide | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) | Mouse: SteelSeries Rival | Headset: SteelSeries Siberia V2

Wow, this is the first LTT Livestream that I am actually watching live, I always miss The WAN Show and have to watch the Archive the next day after The WAN Show

L.E. : Is Intel going to make enthusiast grade APU's like the Kaveri 7850K from the Red Team(you know who I'm talking about) for the  lower end budget gaming PC's or HTPC's with really small cases?

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

QUESTION for stream: Why the new name for the Devil's Canyon CPU's? Why not the Haswell?

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

Why should I buy a 4790k when I can overclock a 4770k for cheaper?

Specs: i7 4790k, r9 280 windforce OC, 8gb hyperx fury 1866 RAM, z97 PC Mate, 256gb mx100, black pearl r4, 2tb WD Red (soon)

Need a new pc... only got a lenovo t61... ugh... can't game worth shit

Is Intel going to continue increasing the number of cores for consumers, past even possibly 8 in the upcoming years?

The Batcomputer: Case Corsair 760T, CPU Intel 3770k, GPU 2x GTX 980 Hybrid SLI, Motherboard Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Memory 16GB GSkill Sniper 1866mhz, HDD 4 TB, SSD Samsung EVO 850 250GB, CPU Cooler Corsair H80i, PSU Corsair 860W 

As someone who's building an entire new PC... (AKA, I'm not upgrading anything), isn't the i7 Devils Canyon 4.0 GHz pretty much the way to go? I'm planning on building a very high end PC. (1440p gaming)

How is it you've managed to down the binning process and make Devils canyon more overclock-able? 
and how will this effect future CPU's?

Will there be a point when all CPU's are safely overclock-able? 

What will be the next great thing in the CPU and integrated GPU market?

or

Why did you release the 4790k so late after the 4790? And what was the whole purpose of the release of Devils Canyon. 

▼ Im with Stoopid

I have an i5 2500K. Is it possible to get hyperthreading with this one? Cheers!

Q answered in stream already.

New Q: Why don't i5's have hyperthreading? 

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

How did you get your Job at Intel ? #AskTheExpert

Any plans on making any new extreme processors other than the 4960x?

CPU: Intel Core i7 860 @ 3.5ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i / Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 /

RAM: 16gb 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance LP / GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti / PSU: Corsair AX850 / OS: Windows 8.1 /

Storage: Boot Drive 128gb Crucial M4 SSD, 1.5TB WD Green / Case: Ultra Defender II White /

Monitors: 2x 23" Acer G235H's / Peripherals: 2013 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Keyboard, 2013 Razer Deathadder Mouse /

Laptop: 17'' HP ENVY Touchsmart M7-J020DX ( i7 4700MQ, 1TB, 8GB Ram )

Question for stream: Will Broadwell have native support for DDR4 on enthusiast platform?

If only we all could afford 8 SSD's in Raid 0  :wub:

Is intel planning to bring a 6-core or 8-core mainstream CPU to market any time soon? (as in a k sku like the 4770k, not an extreme edition)

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Where did you get your inspiration from for designing the Haswell box art?

What is the best thing about devils canyon cpu's that you wouldn't be able to find in previous intel cpu's?                                                                                 

2 questions.

First and foremost; We need an unlocked core-i3 series.Seriously, make it happen and dominate the whole budget-oriented market.

Secondly; Is there any chance in the future that 6-core processors are gonna move into the mainstream lineup of the i7s?(meaning 6 cores i7 on a 1150 motherboard for example)

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Which (as in where is the) Intel office is the devil canyon project based at? And will the Devil Canyon series include a unlocked CPU within the i7s?

Were there plans for an unlocked haswell i3?

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

i have an i5 3470 is there any real benefit to upgrading to the new cpus other than a slightly lower temps and sata express