Intel - "Talk to the Product Marketing Engineer" Live Chat & Giveaway

LinusTech

Yay, 9pm for me, going to watch :D

Sorry for my bad English!
i5-4590 | Sabertooth Z97 mk2 | Intel HD 4600 | ADATA XPG V1 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Intel 530 120GB | Cooler Master N600 | Seasonic G-450 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 | Win8.1 Pro x64

here's another one

i remember you talked about it when jerry barnacules was on the WAN show and you talked about holding back the release of CPUs so they can harvest the most money they can

if he can talk about this, please ask him

i never understood why they are (already?) planning skylake and cannonlake, but they can't release it now, or just same architecture, but smaller die or something

barna explained it quite well and i think you agreed on that

do they have something better than what it is out now, but are holding it back so they can earn more with little increments in CPU power

like, we get with each new line of CPU just slightly better than last gen CPU, isn't there any major breakthrough in architecture, like non at all?

i find that hard to believe

and another one, are they closing up on max frequency and they'll go with more cores to still improve the CPUs

will we see 6, 8, 12, 16, cores in common CPUs soon?

are they closing in on Moore's law?

are they even slightly interested in quantum computing?

when will the silicone hit the limit?

are they experimenting with new materials, such as indium or optical computing?

if yes, when can we get a glimpse of it?

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

i just watched you video on the I7 and the Pentium G3258

I want to say that the pentium G3258 seems like a good way to address the 'budget enthusiast' sector who choose AMD for its value.

i guess i can expand my question on the budget enthusiast/gaming chip by asking;

if the Pentium G3258, is the new platform you are using for the budget enthusiast.

if so will there be one with more cores? 

it seems highly overclockable and priced similarly to the cheapest of AMD APU's A4 5300 also dual core.

So is this a building block for higher tiers of this chip? if so what do you expect the highest performing chip to cost?

will there be further iterations of this product using the same product?

I understand that this is a anniversary chip, hence, will there be further iterations of this product using socket? 

or is this an EOL chip?

Are we gonna see better results regarding OC on the retail Devils canyon samples compared to the mediocre engineering ones?

Couple of answers I want to know

1. How come the extreme edition cpu's for example the 4960X or 3960X/70X doesn't come with more stuff in the box aside from a kinda nice sticker (which could be better) & a manual?
  2. Why is the emphasis on the more mainstream cpu architectures like sandy bridge, ivy bridge and haswell+devil's canyon limited to dual & quad cores with and without hyper-threading technology?
  3. Where is intel directing their focuses for the next couple years? Tablets (2/1 all in ones), desktop cpu's (+ the mobile aspect like the briefly displayed Broadwell chip in a tablet form factor) better overclocking capabilities with high then 6 multicore processors (X99)

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

When will we be seeing 6 core Intel CPUs on the mainstream platform?

Life.exe is missing

I know that LTT at 1 earlier occasion spoke to another marketing engineer from Intel, and supposedly this was either livecasted, or put up on LTT's youtube, but I am unable to find it .. Any help?

I know that LTT at 1 earlier occasion spoke to another marketing engineer from Intel, and supposedly this was either livecasted, or put up on LTT's youtube, but I am unable to find it .. Any help?

the previous intel one was about the SSDs and was broadcasted to twitch,

there is possibly an archive of it on twitch

and i think i came up with a better question set 

you must answer me these questions three

What... is your name?

What... is your quest?

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I've got a question, ...

How come we are seeing consumer grade 8 core CPUs from intel in comparison to AMD which have consumer grade 8-core CPUs

Will be watching... 2AM here in China Lol...

So yeah. I am also interested in the possibility of a six core LGA 1150 CPU. I assume this is going to happen with Broadwell...

Anyways. Is Linus shipping to China? He said international, so I hope so if I should win one of the Devil's Canyon CPUs.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Oh wow lucky I saw this just in time I will for sure be tuning in, only 1 and a half hours to go :)

Questions For Stream:

No.1 - Honestly, what reasons would you give for someone to upgrade from SandyBridge (i5 / i7) for gaming.

No.2 - Why is there no truly unlocked i3 processors?

No.3 - When can we expect DDR4 on a Enthusiast Processor?

If only we all could afford 8 SSD's in Raid 0  :wub:

Oh forgot to say is one of the CPU's going to be the Pentium anniversary edition? I sure hope so after your LTT overclocking :o 

Oh forgot to say is one of the CPU's going to be the Pentium anniversary edition? I sure hope so after your LTT overclocking :o

Well have you seen the price? Cheaper than an i3... So I'd much prefer a 4790K :P The Pentium is great but I doubt that I would pay for a Z87/97 mobo to run this thing. Getting an i5 and and a non oc mobo is better for the same price. Regardless, a very respectable chip and I'd love to get one for free...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Well have you seen the price? Cheaper than an i3... So I'd much prefer a 4790K :P The Pentium is great but I doubt that I would pay for a Z87/97 mobo to run this thing. Getting an i5 and and a non oc mobo is better for the same price. Regardless, a very respectable chip and I'd love to get one for free...

Definitely, but in a way I'd love the Pentium, just because I would love to have a chip that I could just have a bit of overclocking fun with :P , my i5 2500k still rocking out hard for gaming, but not that good of an over-clocker for a sandy chip (4.4Ghz) :(

Topic: from 4.0Ghz base clock, where does intel go from now?

Base clock is not always the best indication of processor ability, you need to look at thing such as instructions per cycle, number of cores etc. as well. If you go back far enough you will see points where a processor successor has lower clocks than its predecessor, but faster overall. So Intel still have plenty of things to go on and change to their processors for future generations. 

If anything I have said is wrong, can someone correct me as I am still learning, and would appreciate any knowledge others have to share :)

and i think i came up with a better question set 

you must answer me these questions three

What... is your name?

What... is your quest?

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

you sir just deserved my very first like

take it and cherish it

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

you sir just deserved my very first like

take it and cherish it

why thank you

Why would a consumer choose Intel over other companies?

How long(as best you can say) will it be until a revolution in new CPU's will happen?

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

May I be unbanned? (I was banned for a bringing a newegg comment to the stream...)

Twitch: fred4tw

PLZ!!