Need advise for HDMI cable

Mitico

So,i want to connect my pc to my tv (Philips Series 3000 32" )... But,on internet i saw that there are so many different types of hdmi cables,i dont know which one i should get...Distance from pc and tv is 7~ meters (23~ ft for who is not using meters)... There are good cables for like 10/20 euro? And,what kind of cable i need? thanks.

HDMI cables are digital, so the signal is going to be the same regardless of the price of the cable (Unlike VGA). Don't fall for the marketing BS of supergold plated ultra duper high performance mac5 HDMI cables. Look on eBay and Amazon and find pretty much the cheapest cable you can. 

So,i want to connect my pc to my tv (Philips Series 3000 32" )... But,on internet i saw that there are so many different types of hdmi cables,i dont know which one i should get...Distance from pc and tv is 7~ meters (23~ ft for who is not using meters)... There are good cables for like 10/20 euro? And,what kind of cable i need? thanks.

I think Vivanco makes good HDMI cables for around that price in Europe.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Grab whichever HDMI V1.4 cable that's least expensive.

HDMI v2.0 if you plan on running 4K at 60FPS !!!

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

Cheapest one you can find will do. 7 meters shouldn't need any amplification.

Go to around the 3 minute mark to know why. Gold connectors can decrease the wear on the connectors so if you are unplugging and re-plugging allot then you probably can invest in those.

Main PC:
CPU: 3700x Motherboard: X570  RAM: 2x16GB 3600Mhz GPU: RTX 3080 Case: Corsair 4000D Air Storage: 1TB NVMe 2x250GB SSD RAID 0 2TB HDD PSU: 1000W Gold Display: Acer X34A Peripherals: Corsair K95 RGB Red, Razer Viper Ultimate

Laptop:
Lenovo Thinkbook 13s  CPU: i5-8265U RAM: 8GB  Storage: 256GB SSD Display: Dell P2414H Peripherals: CMStorm Quickfire TK Brown, Razer Atheris 

Audio:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm, FiiO E11, Stoner Acoustics UD100, Shure SE-215, Logitech Z906, Mission 731, Altec Lansing ADA-885, xDuoo UA-05, AKG K7XX,FiiO X3, FiiO K3

My videocard has only 1.2...So i should take 1.4 anyway? I mean,there is no difference in the connector as it self?

Correct, there is no physical difference in the connector. Get a HDMI 1.4 cable anyway, since sooner or later you'll upgrade that graphics card!

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

@LinusTech made a video on this on Tech Quickie.

It doesn't matter if you buy a cheap HDMI cable or an expensive one because it is a digital connection. You will either get a signal that is up-to-standard or you will not get video or audio. VGA is different because it is an Analogue connection. Unless you are going to be moving the cables a lot (and they need to be more durable) their is really no need to spend extra. Like what @Oshino Shinobu Shinobo said companies often claim that their "premium cables" are better quality but that is not true.

Hope this helps. :)

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

It doesn't matter if you buy a cheap HDMI cable or an expensive one because it is a digital connection. You will either get a signal that is up-to-standard or you will not get video or audio.

That's not entirely true.

Especially with long cheap cables "HDMI Sparkles" can occur, but its quite unlikely.

HDMI Sparkles??

Picture in first post

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/168-hdmi-q-one-connector-world/1254426-monoprice-hdmi-static-snow-sparkles-lines-ps3.html

Would 7 meters (the length of the cable this person wants) be long in this case?

Yes, I wouldn't buy the cheapest one for that length.

To be perfectly honest, 7 meters should still be fine with a relatively cheap cable for HDMI. That's less than 25 feet. Sure, maybe buying the 2nd or 3rd cheapest option rather then the bare cheapest might be good, it's not really until you get into the 50+ foot distances that higher end cables become necessary, and then you're likely going to get an active HDMI cable anyway. Most often the rule of thumb is about 33 feet max before you should switch to an active cable.

Edit: The gauge of the cable is important with cheaper cables with longer distances. Higher gauge wire will have less issues with attenuation.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

To be perfectly honest, 7 meters should still be fine with a relatively cheap cable for HDMI. 

Testing before installing is a good Idea and not only with 1080p24 and DolbyDigital, the bandwidth would be too low.

Testing before installing is a good Idea and not only with 1080p24 and DolbyDigital, the bandwidth would be too low.

Of course, but that should be a given ;)

You should *ALWAYS* test a long cable directly before running it through walls or otherwise doing a permanent/semi-permanent install.

@dalekphalm. Saves all of the craziness of having to undo all that you have done.

Oooooh yeah. I've heard some horror stories about guys running hundreds of feet of cable through the walls and then turns out the cable was bad.

Or, what happened at work a couple months ago when we were doing reno's at one of our branches. The cable contractors were cutting trenches in the concrete floor, and sliced through our Ethernet that was already run. Had to dig it all up and redo the whole damn thing.