I hate Time Warner (rant)

SrN95

One day my ping is 30, with 22Mbps download, the next I deal with this...

Contacted them multiple times complaining, each time taking about an hour before my internet "magically" becomes fine again. Then they provide me with this service. It's not even like I'm torrenting and they throttle me like this, this is just out of the blue. 

I wish there were other options, but sadly, there are not :(

google fiber me pls

post-40848-0-09336800-1402971309.png

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

I pay for 800k down, 200k up. I also run a website on that connection.

The sad part is, even with those BS numbers i am not getting anywhere near what is advertised.

(if you dont believe me, check out turbonet.com)

~Judah

What is this? Internet for ants?

Sloth and Snail package for $79.99 TWC FTW

Arc Midi R2 | ASUS M5A97r2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | EVGA GTX 780 FTW Edition | Corsair Vengeance 8gb | Corsair RM650w Gold | H100i Cooler | 128gb Samsung SSD | 2tb Seagate Barracuda | 3tb Seagate External

Peripherals: 23" Samsung SyncMaster2333 | Acer 27" 1080p | Corsair Vengenance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Logitech G602 | Razer Megalodon Headset | Vespula Gaming Pad

Fuck them. And they're gonna merge with comcast? It's like cruella deville and the joker had sex and the merger is their baby. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

DAT PING, wow.

From what I have know/read, the more people on cable in your area the slower speed you get.
Can somebody else correct that if I am wrong.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

DAT PING, wow.

From what I have know/read, the more people on cable in your area the slower speed you get.

Can somebody else correct that if I am wrong.

YEs, but only to a point. this shouldn't happen. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I was getting ripped of with 2mb for $49.95 a month when I saw on my internets webpage that I could get 10mb for the same price. I called up the company and they raised the price by another $5 for some reason but I accepted and now I can play BF4 64 man servers with no lag. Still pisses me off when I hear Google Fiber is coming to Austin and you can get something like 1000mb I think. I am never paying for cable in the future either. They want to raise the price of your bill each month up to $130...Netflix for $8 a month for all the tv shows and movies I could possibly want will do just fine...

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

I was getting ripped of with 2mb for $49.95 a month when I saw on my internets webpage that I could get 10mb for the same price. I called up the company and they raised the price by another $5 for some reason but I accepted and now I can play BF4 64 man servers with no lag. Still pisses me off when I hear Google Fiber is coming to Austin and you can get something like 1000mb I think. I am never paying for cable in the future either. They want to raise the price of your bill each month up to $130...Netflix for $8 a month for all the tv shows and movies I could possibly want will do just fine...

I live in Fort Wayne Indiana. I will be the last person in the whole US to get fiber I bet. Dallas is major, hold out hope. You have a chance. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I live in Fort Wayne Indiana. I will be the last person in the whole US to get fiber I bet. Dallas is major, hold out hope. You have a chance. 

I may be in Dallas and I do love it here, but I plan on moving to Austin maybe...Beautiful city with upcoming blazing fast internet speeds. 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

I may be in Dallas and I do love it here, but I plan on moving to Austin maybe...Beautiful city with upcoming blazing fast internet speeds. 

I envy your location. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Im with timewarner and they have done that to me more than once, our speeds usally go down to 20mb/s down every once and a while

Speeds right now on a 50 down 5 up package 

3567929651.png

I am a happy wuffy

That sounds alot like Telstra lol had the same thing happen to me for a few years also moved to different places was still the same it would usually be 7mb then would drop to 1mb they would say it was a fault go out and fix it then next week the same thing would happen lol pathetic telcos should be arrested its robbery!

I pay for 800k down, 200k up. I also run a website on that connection.

The sad part is, even with those BS numbers i am not getting anywhere near what is advertised.

(if you dont believe me, check out turbonet.com)

$80 for 7 down? I pay 89 for 50 down and 10 up... Comcast ftw

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I have Comcast and I pay about 100 bucks for TV and Internet. The speeds are decent. But I still hate Comcast. 

3567946242.png 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I have this provider and they pull the same crap with me. They claim it is on my end...yea sure it is!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I have Comcast and I pay about 100 bucks for TV and Internet. The speeds are decent. But I still hate Comcast. 

3567946242.png

They are somewhat reliable. As much as I hate comcast I must admit this. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Literally the same thing happened to me (internet speed and whatnot) and the line/wiring was messed up where I lived. They came out and fixed it the next week and everything worked fine. 

This was with time warner as well 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I remember when I used to be with an ISP called Clearwire. Think that ping is bad? Try dealing with quad digits at times - there is a reason they are my old ISP.