There are 2 types of people on this forum

Askew

Those who leave a space/line gap after quoting someone, and those who do not.

Group A, the user quotes and writes in the default place, directly below the quote box with no line gap.

le quote

This is my response! :)

Group B, the user quotes but hits return before writing their response in order to leave a line gap between the quote box and their text.

le quote

Which of these people are you? We seem to have many of each, I am group B because I think it looks neater and is easier to look at but that's purely my opinion and preference. (and if for some reason I leave out the line you can bet your bottom dollar I'll come back to edit that shit in as soon as I notice it.)

In the middle. It depends on where i am and how stressed i am.

I do however try to structure my posts so that they are easy to read^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Space is a must. Death to the non-spacers!

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Hear hear!

I am B spec.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Those who leave a space/line gap after quoting someone, and those who do not.

Group A, the user quotes and writes in the default place, directly below the quote box with no line gap.

Group B, the user quotes but hits return before writing their response in order to leave a line gap between the quote box and their text.

Which of these people are you? We seem to have many of each, I am group B because I think it looks neater and is easier to look at but that's purely my opinion and preference.

Whatever

Whatever

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I'll usually leave a gap, however If I'm just taking a quick look at the latest posts using the tablet then I will probably just forget the space.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I second this motion

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I guess I get the best of both worlds.

What?

Group A. I like to live dangerously. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Whatever

Whatever

Whatever

:)

@juretrn

Group B, and it's given me an awful habit of starting every text and post I make by hitting the return key unless I specifically remember not to do it.

depends. when i'm quoting (and answering) to mutliple people i dont leave a gap. otherwise i do :D

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I try to not leave a line gap, but I mostly post on my iphone, running the desktop site, so that I can do multi-qoutes, (that is missing on the mobile site) so when I go to reply to people, sometimes when I do the formatting I accidentally leave a line gap.

EDIT: I try not to leave a line-gap so people don't wear out their scroll wheels.

Wear out my scroll wheel? This nigga for real? :D

I'm guilty of being in both Group A and Group B

And I see what you did there. ;)

Oh I understand now. :)

There are also the PC dreamers (on the forum with a lame pc and dreaming of a new one)

and the Dream PC'ers  (With thier dream PC's just chillin)

I am a happy wuffy

It depends on how the quote looks like and what I want to write

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yes(kind of). It also allows the forum to fit more posts on a page, so that on devices that have a tighter data cap, to not have to load as many pages, and for people like me that have a commute without wifi, it makes oh so big of a difference. Now all bullshit aside, the real reason is because I like the look of it better, and I don't have to scroll as much, thus putting less strain on my mouse, the best mouse in the world, that is not made any more, that I love deeply, that is perfect.

attachicon.gifmouse.jpg

EDIT: yes I use this mouse every day and it is the best mouse I have used to date.

Ahh, Intellimouse...

BTW the forum allows 20 posts per page and ignores how long they are, some of the pages in the music thread are ridiculously long with all the embeds.

Hence the "all the bullshit aside".  :P I do really like those microsoft mice though. Those music threads as well as the wallpaper threads get insane. So I guess the scrol wheel wearing out has some truth to it...  :rolleyes:

You can always just click middle mouse and scroll that way by moving the mouse. -_-

I do that whenever I have to go to the top of a page on a website, matter of fact I do it a LOT.

I write responses without wasting lime, so I don't leave a gap

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

I usually don't leave a line after quotes, but I do space out my posts well enough in other areas In think...

After seeing this I probably will leave a line after quotes now

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

Touché. I do like to use it as a shortcut to open a link in a new tab. Handy on a lot of websites.

I use middle mouse for tab opening more than I left click to navitage away, it's also useful for closing tabs without having to be over the X.