iSwitched from Chrome to Opera

I keep telling people, try maxthon.

I have but that was over 4 years ago. 

I've never had a single issue with chrome... *snip*

I have had many over the years. Most recently  Chome cant open GOG downloader links.

I just downloaded it. Is there some setting that allows the search and address bar to be the same thing (Like Chrome, Opera, and IE) ?

You dont need a setting. There are 2 sepperate bars but adress bar works for searching.

BTW you can remove the sidebar with  a bottom left button

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I've never had a single issue with chrome.. If you're worried about ads, use adblock? Chrome will download things that you click on... Just don't click on sketchy ads claiming to be downloads (read: get adblock). Chrome doesn't randomly allow toolbars, you are most likely adding them without knowing it. This goes with downloading and installing sketchy things. It's not really the browsers fault.

If you're running in incognito mode, it will disable all extensions by default. You have to manually go into each extension and give it permission to run when in incognito.

Yup. Adblock solves all my problems forever. :D I think I might actually donate now that I think about it.

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

I just stopped using Chrome because of tons of problems I was having, I don't think I will ever switch back. I love opera way more than chrome now. I can actually watch Netflix without it crashing or just not working.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

chrome takes 12 seconds to open on my PC, ive deleted reinstalled tried everything , switched to opera loads as fast as chrome used to. 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Wow I don't remember Opera being a Chrome copy 0_o

It's a chrome copy now. The old version was much better and is the reason why i still use it. Nothing has come close in terms of functionality so far.

Maybe i should just make my own "modern" opera 12 clone...

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I switched from Chrome to Opera as well after my Chrome has tons of rendering issue (probably the skin causing it) and the memory leak. Though so far, I can say the only reason I use Opera is because it's not IE, Chrome or Firefox... tempted to try Maxthon but still looking for right time to do so... moving to Opera costed me a little bit in setup time (Opera Link.... duuhhhh) so I don't want to face same sync thing again...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N