Battlefield Hardline Thoughts

Hello,

I would like to share my current thoughts on Battlefield Hardline Beta and would also like to hear from you how your experience has been so far. 

I'm not exactly sure where we can put BFH in the current market. It looks and graphics wise feels just like BF4 and I find the UI to be a cheap rip-off of Battlefield 4. Have we reached a point with Battlefield where they use the same engine and interface every year just like Call of Duty? It definitely feels like it and charging full price for this game that is so similar to BF4. I am giving them credit for a few things though. You can now take ammo kits from the players when you need them. I also noticed a few nice improvements like the speedometer in the cars working and things like that.

What bugged me on the other hand was the bad beta graphics(hopefully better ones to come) and how fast you die. Generally it feels like the game is a bit slower to move around in too. 

What have you guys noticed and how do you feel about the game?

I feel dissapointed, I'm a BF4 premium member since launch and I didn't receive an invite to BF Hardline.

i signed up on both my accounts but never got it :(

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I feel dissapointed, I'm a BF4 premium member since launch and I didn't receive an invite to BF Hardline.

i signed up on both my accounts but never got it  :(

when I logged in to battlelog one day I think this monday it offered to enroll me into the Beta Trials and I had the game in my cart to download yesterday, so I'm not sure if everybody got the game that signed up or just very active players

when I logged in to battlelog one day I think this monday it offered to enroll me into the Beta Trials and I had the game in my cart to download yesterday, so I'm not sure if everybody got the game that signed up or just very active players

I'm really active ( houndreds of hours ).. meh

I feel the same, it would have been nice to see BF4 premium users get some kind of early access to the game instead of just some double xp and knifes....

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Well your not missing out on anything, Battlefield hardline is shit.

I have played the closed beta.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

It is BF4 with police cars and armoured vans.

I've played 400 hours on bf3 and 250 on bf4 and i didn't get an invite :( 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I'm really active ( houndreds of hours ).. meh

I feel the same, it would have been nice to see BF4 premium users get some kind of early access to the game instead of just some double xp and knifes....

wow...that is terrible of Visceral to do. I mean why wouldn't they want more people testing the game and especially their stupid Premium BS users don't get it?!

I like playing it with friends and we have fun but it does not deserve the "Battlefield" name its simply not a Battlefield game.

@ Everybody

Beta participation has nothing to do at all with how long you have played or how premium you are. The reason BF3 Premium owners got early access to the BF4 Beta was because that was an actual part of the BF3 Premium package from the beginning. It's a shame you didn't get in but in reality being a fan of the franchise entitles you to NOTHING.

I was lucky enough however to sign up for the beta minutes after it was opened and was instantly let in (although with some frustration as me and my friends were seeing different confirmation info bla bla, in the end it all turned out well). Overall my impressions of the game are nothing short of great. I have really been enjoying the hours I've played it with a couple of friends and I find that the new game modes (the two we're allowed to try anyways) work extremely well once you've adjusted to them. They force the team closer together and makes you work as a team, instead of having 32 players run randomly around on a huge conquest map doing nothing. The first couple of games felt a little weird because everything has changed, both menus, maps (well map really) and game modes but after you're over the initial learning curve my experience was mostly positive. There are some things they still need to work on (horrible levolution screen shake, glitching through walls, a few awkward animations etc), but the game is really promising in my opinion. To me this is a new breath of life that Battlefield have needed since Battlefield 2 (Let's face it, Battlefield 2142 doesn't really count). This however is very much worthy of being a part of the Battlefield franchise.

I opened up chat with them yesterday, but left as the queue was over 1 hour long, got an email last night from them.

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Experience.
I understand that you tried contacting the chat support but due to high wait time or some technical problems, you could not join the chat session. So the case is now directed to email channel. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by this.
However, I have granted you access code for Battlefield: Hardline beta. Please login your origin account and download your beta. Have fun!
Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

I didn't even mention Battlefield Hardline to them, guess they thought I was contacting them about it.

Honestly you lot aren't missing much, its the same as BF3/4 except different outfits and a few extra vehicles that are really bad at being driven.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

I got into the beta and I've never played another Battlefield...sorry guys guess its just random. I actually really like it so far but again ive never played BF4 so I wouldn't know if its a copy or not

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Crap double post

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Beta being under 7000MB you cannot expect HD visual texture quality and assets yet. So the graphics being a little bland are a non-issue.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Beta being under 700MB you cannot expect HD visual texture quality and assets yet. So the graphics being a little bland are a non-issue.

What are you talking about? The beta is 6.58GB.

don't worry, you're not missing anything good. It's barely a dlc.. it's literally bf4 with 2 new game modes and you are now able to drive cars/bikes

I got invited to the beta 2 days after i signed up. I tryed it today but i didnt it like it that much dunno but im gonna stick to bf3 for now!

CPU:Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition / Xigmatek gaia, Mobo:Gigabyte 970A-DS3Ram:Corsair XMS3 2x2GB 1333mhz, GPU:MSI R7770 GHz Edition, PSU:Corsair CX500 500W, Case:Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition.

I got into the beta an hour before they even announced it.

Pays to watch Reddit.

Mother of God... this game is horrible.

Sure, it's just in beta. I thought the BF3 beta was horrible, and ended up playing that for like 500 hours. I thought the BF4 beta was terrible and I've logged around 300 hours thus for (with a lot more to come)... but Hardline takes the cake.

Don't get me wrong, I like the concept. The Blood Money mode, as a game mode in  and of itself, is pretty entertaining. I like the idea of hoarding money and stealing it from the enemy team. It's like Conquest with a twist.

My problems with the game are solely from the perspective of the controls feeling really sloppy, and the feedback while shooting enemies is practically non-existent. I'll be aiming center mass and unload half a mag into a guy at point blank range and get nothing but hit markers. Meanwhile, he starts shooting 3 seconds after I do and and somehow kills me with a shot to the arm while surviving with 25 health.

Just sloppy, sloppy, sloppy gameplay. I wanted it to be good... but in my opinion, it's just not.

If you're going to copy/paste BF4, do it correctly. 

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Got my invite to the beta yesterday, gave it a try last night. It feels really rough, but that's to be expected from a beta (even if it is just a modded BF4). But that brings me to my main problem, it feels like a mod. It feels like what in the distant past would have been part of a free content patch or a community mod, or in the recent past would have been a piece of premium DLC, EA is trying to sell for full retail price. As for my bias, I don't care about some lame Wednesday afternoon cop-drama single-player. I'd rather see these two modes and a few maps added into another DLC for BF4, even if it's not included in the Premium membership content.

Steam: SolvingJunk

YouTube: SolvingJunk

Twitter: @SolvingJunk

Anyone who has read my vitriol knows that I have a major disdain for FPS games and as of late, Battlefield 4.

I am a premium owner and as soon as I had noticed I could, I signed for the Beta for Hardline.

Now, prefacing. When I first heard of Hardline, I was disappointed, BF4 hasn't even released all it's DLC yet and they've just begun with Battlepack microtransactions as they announce a new title which will most likely be much of the same in this fashion. I do not trust EA by any means when it comes to their games because they will shill you in whatever way they can and the more under-handed they do the better for them because it means the less people notice and the less backlash. People always praise the good things EA do which they do most definitely to save face, I do not trust a shaking hand if they're spitting in my face at the same time. Sure, they released the base BF3 for free, but at this point they're probably not making a substantial amount of money on sales of the game so whilst it seems like they're going out on a limb to give away a free game, they're gaining positive rapport with the consumer-base and also building some focus on the just as they announce a new game and closed beta, the timing would have been chosen deliberately.

It's all very scheme-y and it chills me to my spine, making me uncomfortable because I feel like I personally don't matter and the only thing that does is my money, if they have to fool me with one hand whilst reaching me with another then they shall do so, so when it comes to this new game, I'm going in very hostile as I was very much deluded as to what I was getting with BF4.

I entered into Hardline and found an Australian server, I had no idea what I was doing so I just tried doing what I was doing in BF4, shooting and killing. After a few rounds I had settled in with a partially communicative squad and was getting a little more understanding of the game modes and mechanics, now, the following thoughts:

Firstly, I feel the UI is a bit, odd. It may be just that I'm used to BF4's UI but I found Hardline to be very awkward at times, and there is quite a bit on screen that I just don't get.

I actually kind of like the upgrade system in the game, where instead of kills you earn money and purchase unlocks, I originally was concerned that they'd have microtransactions in regards to this, but EA is under-handed and wouldn't try, think to SWTOR if you will, there's an ingame currency called Cartel Coins, now you purchase coins with real money and then you purchase items with the coins, so you're not actually buying items directly with the money, this sort of serves as a mental disconnect towards the actual pricing of the end items. Generally the in-game currency will be much larger as well, so for example, $5 would get you 500 coins, the 500 makes it sound like a lot but in the end, $5 is 500 cents. It's a similar feeling when you have 5 $10 notes instead of a $50 note, subconsciously it feels like more. All these really shady practices make for a very underhanded system that I doubt will be implemented into Hardline in regards to it's money system as well, you'd be buying money with money and I believe most people would catch on a little better.

The two game modes in the game, whilst fun to play, I imagine will get boring very quickly, as in nature their only allure and appeal currently is that they're new in comparison to BF4 modes. When they release a new DLC for BF4 people will flock in to try out the new maps and really enjoy the game, even with old game modes because it's something new, but when that's the only appeal it'll wear off. Conquest to me is just go to one point, wait for the ding, then go to the next point, and most of the other game-modes are just bastardizations of that concept, go here, push button, do blank, wank into a dolphin's eye and eat some chicken. In Hardline as far as I know, the two game modes seem a little like domination and rush put together then packaged in two different ways, which both are interesting to play as something new, but I'm not really certain on how they'll hold up, plus it's only one map we're playing on at the moment, but that's another point..

The map, I've played BF4 for so many hours that I know the placement of the maps somewhat well enough to know where I'm going, but I have absolutely no idea where the fuck everything is and I'm constantly going the wrong way and into walls and deadends, much to the humour of my squad-mates. The map however, plays somewhat well, it's good for both medium range infantry play on the roads which also serve well for vehicles, then on the inside of the buildings you get a minimal area for close quarters. In the game mode where you have to secure the money from the crashed money-vans, there's good close quarters in the small construction area nearby which has some good gunplay situations. The buildings high up also serve somewhat ok for snipers too. One thing I wish was that in both BF4 and in this one, when it comes to Skyscrapers and high-rises that you'd be able to ascend the full building, not just a couple levels at the bottom and a couple levels at the top, rendering the rest pretty much a block of cement with windows.

The zipline and grappling hook, my god do I love these. I haven't used them myself personally but a squadmate couldn't help but use them whenever we had the chance. Was fun just zipping across from the top of one large building onto another until one of the ziplines took us straight into the side of the building and we ended up getting killed in action because we couldn't land in the maintenance platform.

Sniping, now, I hate snipers a lot in Battlefield 4, only because I mostly encounter them in close quarters which is the one of my most hated aspects of modern first person shooters. I personally prefer being a 'camper' or as I prefer, a 'proper longe-range sniper', my longest shot is 1k so I do love sniping when I can, I tried it once in Hardline and first impressions of the default weapon were odd. I'm used to having to scope out for every shot because I don't use straight pull 'cause bipod is more useful for me.(Why I can't have both is beyond me, you can't argue realism because if you have your eye against the sight when you fire you're begging for a black eye, for balance? Seems an odd way to balance, but I suppose I'll have to take it.) Not used to having such a low mag. scope either, I've gotten used to 40 times in BF4 so using what I believe was a 6 times was quite interesting. I've noticed a lot less try-hard close quarter snipers in Hardline, once or twice in a match I'll come across a guy with a sniper rifle in medium range but it's not really annoying me as of currently.

Vehicles, I enjoy having more street and urban vehicles, they handle smoother than the vehicles in BF4 and actually having the capability to take out vehicles with just regular weaponry for the most part is also a nice touch, allows a fair balance and I hope it prevents the common, oh so common instance in Battlefield 4 where one side will have 10 tanks and you can't do shit because you're too busy digging the shrapnel out of your arse with a bowie. So all in all for vehicles, I believe Hardline is definitely doing it better.

In culminating thought, I do believe it doesn't really feel much like Battlefield. Sure, you can get a block of macaroni cheese and put in a box labelled fruit but it's still just pasta with cheese, so even though Hardline has all these aspects like the classes that it shares with Battlefield, at the core gameplay I'd dare say it feels more like Counterstrike or Call of Duty. I'm enjoying myself, for sure, but at the time I can't honestly say whether it's on the merits of the game or just because it's something new and if I was with a good team of players. I've played Battlefield 4 into the ground with shit team after shit team after shit team and it's borderline masochistic.

It just keeps reverting to the original site for me, can't get past the second page...sorta sucks.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones