Apple drops the ban hammer on some apps

Guest Kloaked

Apple will be enforcing their latest rules on apps, such as games should not offer incentive to share the game on social media for extras within the game, as well as advertising other games not belonging to the original app in any form.

Yes, this includes cash cows like Candy Crush.

You can read more here on Engadget.

Hmm strange rules. I know they want the quality up but if there is one advantage for Android is the tons of freeware, add supported games like those they will ban. You would think that after releasing that 5C model they would be more open to other types of low entry business models but apparently no.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Hmm strange rules. I know they want the quality up but if there is one advantage for Android is the tons of freeware, add supported games like those they will ban. You would think that after releasing that 5C model they would be more open to other types of low entry business models but apparently no.

I'd agree with you if 5C was $200-250 cheaper than 5S. Otherwise... nah, they've just made a phone for people who need iPhone 5 in a neat case.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I hope they get rid of Candy Crush. I fucking hate that game.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I actually think this is good. I want to go back to when I could buy an app for 99p and play it, there were no adverts, no "share this on facebook" no "sign in here". and no "you must buy 20000 gems to continue"

I think they are trying to put a stop to all the nonsense, having games that are "free" but only if you get 20 friends to play it too otherwise you cannot play any more in the game

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Me too. I hate it when I hear people talking about playing it, and then Facebook notifications from people inviting me to play.

I actually think this is good. I want to go back to when I could buy an app for 99p and play it, there were no adverts, no "share this on facebook" no "sign in here". and no "you must buy 20000 gems to continue"

I think they are trying to put a stop to all the nonsense, having games that are "free" but only if you get 20 friends to play it too otherwise you cannot play any more in the game

I think that is exactly what they are wanting to get rid of too, but I can't help but worry if this will affect legitimate apps and ad-companies which offer incentives for installing apps (Tapjoy for example). I think Apple needs to give more information on this. 

Edit: Tapjoy is a bad example, I'm referring to apps which pay you to download other free apps. 

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

I think that is exactly what they are wanting to get rid of too, but I can't help but worry if this will affect legitimate apps and ad-companies which offer incentives for installing apps (Tapjoy for example). I think Apple needs to give more information on this. 

I think they want to get rid of that too, I honestly do not like things like tapjoy but I am sure people do

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I hate that game too because they sue everyone. they even sued the guy whos game they ripped- candy swipe. made 2 years before candy crush. Yep. time traveling lawsuit. 

Not to mention they think they own the word saga. Gf Baner saga. 

'course its all a god damn bejeweled ripoff. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Wait so no ads on games now? Wut..

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Wait so no ads on games now? Wut..

No that would be insane. It sounds like you are not allowed to do things for reward in game. How candy crush expoloded. 

Example no in game reward to sharing the app.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

No that would be insane. It sounds like you are not allowed to do things for reward in game. How candy crush expoloded. 

Example no in game reward to sharing the app.

Can you explain the last part of the OP? Does he mean no videos that promote other apps?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Can you explain the last part of the OP? Does he mean no videos that promote other apps?

For example, all of the apps from Company A can be advertised on their own apps, but Company A cannot advertise Company B's apps.

The concept of ad based "free" games, or games that require social networking interaction, are not bad concepts on paper. But the implementation of those games has gotten out of control and people are starting to fight back. I don't mind if a game has ads, but when those ads randomly pops up full screen while I am trying to do something in game, like navigate a menu, it becomes a problem. You end up clicking on the ad which takes you out of game and opens up your web browser or the app store. If the ad showed up out of the way, some place where I am not guaranteed to click on it, that would be ok.

For games like Candy Crush, the game you have access to is nothing more than a trial. If you want to keep that game going after the trial, you had better keep opening your wallet or spam your friends for help. Also, the levels after that "trial" are overly tuned to the point that they promote people spending hundreds of dollars on bonuses to help them beat those overly complicated levels. If there was a paid "full version" of the game as an alternative, things may not be so bad. Some version that you could purchase for a couple bucks, that does not require you seek help from friends, and where you can't run out of lives, then the "free" version would not be such a big deal.

There are other games where every time you accomplish something in game, it pops up with some congratulatory message that has a "share with friends" option already preselected. Most people hit the giant continue button because they intentionally make it difficult to uncheck the "share" box, or in other cases to press the tiny little "skip" button that they hide in a corner. There is nothing in game that requires help from friends like Candy Crush, but every little accomplishment in game results in you spamming your friends in the hopes that those friends will play the game too.

TL/DR: If the game developers had not gone batshit crazy, this sort of move would never have become necessary. Some people may trash Apple for doing thing, but Apple is not to blame.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

TL/DR: If the game developers had not gone batshit crazy, this sort of move would never have become necessary. Some people may trash Apple for doing thing, but Apple is not to blame.

Yup. I support Apple 100% on this because of that reason.

You and i both

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Why would you care ? unless you are addict that play candy crush already.

If not just don't install it ?

I don't think it's just the game he hates, it's how they make their money and the ethics of the company (hint hint, they have none).

Why would you care ? unless you are addict that play candy crush already.

If not just don't install it ?

All of the stupid game requests I get for it.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I actually approve of this. GG Apple.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Apple, it's been a while since I've done this to you...

ChuckApproves.gif

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

not really when you thik about it.  while there giving things away via social likes and sharing there not buying in app purchases and apple aint making money. same goes with adds there not iads that apple make money from but banners. money is the reason apple have done this and cleaning up the apps is a bouns.  whilst i agree that some apps take the piss it will mean more apps that force you to in app purchase and that really fucks me off.....yes EA im talking to you!

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I want to congratulate apple for this. Well done guys. If you actually implement this properly I might have to do an iSwitched for my next phone unless Google cleans up the play store too which is about as likely to happen as me going to Mars but we will see

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090