Is it still worth mining litecoins?

As you can probably tell from the title, it is still worth mining lite coins? Also what mining gear would be profitable if its still worth it? Yes i watched Linus talking about the RIGGIT v9 but would the specs of the RIGGIT still be profitable in the mining?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Cpu: I7-3770k @4.2GHz Mobo: Gigabyte Z77-UP4TH Ram: Kingston Hyper x 16GB GPU: Gigabyte 7950

PSU: Corsair TX 850  HDD: WD RED 2TB Cooling: H100i Case: NZXT 630

As you can probably tell from the title, it is still worth mining lite coins? Also what mining gear would be profitable if its still worth it? Yes i watched Linus talking about the RIGGIT v9 but would the specs of the RIGGIT still be profitable in the mining?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

It's not worth while anymore, unless you don't pay for electricity. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Well... im moving soon and the price of electricity per KWH is ~6.5 fils/kWh. which accounts to 0.02 cents CND. 

Cpu: I7-3770k @4.2GHz Mobo: Gigabyte Z77-UP4TH Ram: Kingston Hyper x 16GB GPU: Gigabyte 7950

Maybe if you're mining on very efficient hardware (mobile) but that is generally a bad idea.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I can't really say it is it was kinda like bitcoin you had to jump on the boat early, unless your a multi-millionaire and have the money to buy a nice rig for mining 

HOLY BALLS!!! I trully feel sorry for anyone who ask questions on this forum, and I will be cutting off my contribution shortly. The amount of complete bullshit is just troubling. I can only imagine what some people come away with after visiting this place.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

For fun yes for $. Kinda. You won't be getting any type of ROI if you buy a system specific for mining. But since you have cheap electricity, you can buy a Scrypt Asic.

WTF???

Electricity wise, you know.

So not a real solution.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

HOLY BALLS!!! I trully feel sorry for anyone who ask questions on this forum, and I will be cutting off my contribution shortly. The amount of complete bullshit is just troubling. I can only imagine what some people come away with after visiting this place.

What is your problem?

If someone says something wrong, please point it out and tell them why. What you're doing is pointless, nobody benefits.

I guess the users who posted on LTT that regretted dropping so much on hardware and all the lot of used mining cards on ebay doesn't exist in your world, huh?

It's still profitable, just don't go out and investing hardware to do it. If you have the hardware already, then go ahead and look into it. If not, I wouldn't bother. Your electricity is also pretty cheap.

You will have to mine smaller coins and convert into higher order coins. 

Error: 410

I'm going to point out the elephant in the room here.

The Riggit V9 (or any version) is not a piece of mining equipment. It is a frame/test bench/open air "case". It does not include anything required, or used for mining. Save yourself some money, go to the local hardware store and pick up some aluminium bar and build a frame yourself. The ones used for window screens works well as it's rigged, light, easy to work with, and can be found cheap.

Outside of that, Litecoin mining on a GPU rig won't be profitable even with free electricity much longer with high tiered scrypt ASICs shipping out soon. There are other algorithms that can't be mined with current ASICs and GPU mining will work. The margins are small and building a GPU mining rig for nothing but profits will likely end with you getting burned. Mining is incentivized in such a way that it becomes a zero sum game; If you aren't interested in supporting the network you won't see any gains and your money is better spent purchasing the coins directly for future speculation, use, or trading.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I'm going to point out the elephant in the room here.

The Riggit V9 (or any version) is not a piece of mining equipment. It is a frame/test bench/open air "case". It does not include anything required, or used for mining. Save yourself some money, go to the local hardware store and pick up some aluminium bar and build a frame yourself. The ones used for window screens works well as it's rigged, light, easy to work with, and can be found cheap.

Outside of that, Litecoin mining on a GPU rig won't be profitable even with free electricity much longer with high tiered scrypt ASICs shipping out soon. There are other algorithms that can't be mined with current ASICs and GPU mining will work. The margins are small and building a GPU mining rig for nothing but profits will likely end with you getting burned. Mining is incentivized in such a way that it becomes a zero sum game; If you aren't interested in supporting the network you won't see any gains and your money is better spent purchasing the coins directly for future speculation, use, or trading.

Could you recommend some trustworthy distributor of these ASIC machines? i heard that butterfly labs is a bunch of BS. 

I'd like to thank everyone for their contribution to this thread :)

excuse me?? whats bs in mining for these different online currencies... if u mined with a regular gpu you get almost no profit and it just wears out your hardware... even if u have a asic card dedicated to mining it costs ALOT of money and i dont even know how long it lasts you could just be throwing away money...

have you ever asked yourself how much you make from mining?? i would like to know how much if thats possible

Because it's obviously worthwhile to buy $300+ GPU at this point to make 50 cents per day...

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

excuse me?? whats bs in mining for these different online currencies... if u mined with a regular gpu you get almost no profit and it just wears out your hardware... even if u have a asic card dedicated to mining it costs ALOT of money and i dont even know how long it lasts you could just be throwing away money...

have you ever asked yourself how much you make from mining?? i would like to know how much if thats possible

Because it's obviously worthwhile to buy $300+ GPU at this point to make 50 cents per day...

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

You two are making assumptions and putting words in people's mouth.

It still makes cents if the conditions are met. 

Yes, that was a pun. 

Error: 410

You two are making assumptions and putting words in people's mouth.

It still makes cents if the conditions are met. 

Yes, that was a pun. 

he said if it was still "worth" mining coins.not much you can do with 50 cents or so

Well put @helping. Nowhere did I say that you should buy anything new. Mining shouldn't be profitable. There I said it.  Is is? not for noobs. Do it for something you believe in, if you don't and are just here for free money then GTFO.

As for what I make from mining. No, I don't worry about it in the least. Today I made twice what I "should have" on scrypt, while using half the power. And yes I was mining your mom. I am also fully aware that this place has turned me into an asshole.

TL:DR-- If you are interested in Crypto-Currencies,  ask away. Wait until @RuecanOnRails responds, read it and his past post on similar threads. Ignore all the other bullshit.

Sad to see you be going soon. You're easily the most knowledgeable person when it comes to crypto currencies. 

Yes, I do ask myself. And do you know what the answer is? 

I've already made my money back. Anything from here on out is pure profit

I started mining about 7 months ago and a few weeks ago I payed off my investment. Anything that I make now is money that I never had before. 

Sad to see you be going soon. You're easily the most knowledgeable person when it comes to crypto currencies. 

Yes, I do ask myself. And do you know what the answer is? 

I've already made my money back. Anything from here on out is pure profit

I started mining about 7 months ago and a few weeks ago I payed off my investment. Anything that I make now is money that I never had before. 

So you're saying it's like a money tree right????? Where do I sign up?

Out of idle curiosity, how profitable is LTC/BTC mining? 

Like, how much could be made monthly with a gtx780? (ignoring electricity/wear&tear).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

So you're saying it's like a money tree right????? Where do I sign up?

freebitcoins.com

Honestly though, if you wait long enough, you should easily make a profit. As long as you follow the market and switch to the most profitable coins. 

freebitcoins.com

Honestly though, if you wait long enough, you should easily make a profit. As long as you follow the market and switch to the most profitable coins. 

THIS.....this soooo much