Heaven Society - Week 7 (Hyouka)

JLCitadel

well depends on the anime if its inherently a fan service anime I expect it and nothing more from it now some stuff I mention above is another thing entirely.

I'm fine with a little fan service but why is there so much sexually based fan service in anime where the main characters seem to be 15 or under

I'm fine with a little fan service but why is there so much sexually based fan service in anime where the main characters seem to be 15 or under

Then just ignore it? There are fan service anime with that specific demographic in mind though. I tend to not watch many fan service anime unless I am for some reason in the mood. Any anime your specifically thinking about though?

Then just ignore it? There are fan service anime with that specific demographic in mind though. I tend to not watch many fan service anime unless I am for some reason in the mood. Any anime your specifically thinking about though?

Nothing in particular just something i have noticed a lot of in varying degrees and for the most part i just ignore it but i just find it odd that it is even there at all. 

Nothing in particular just something i have noticed a lot of in varying degrees and for the most part i just ignore it but i just find it odd that it is even there at all.

its not really odd, for anime...

i understand that, i think that is what i think is odd lol

if yo uhad more specific things to point out I may be able to comment a bit more on it but thats all I can really say.

i understand that, i think that is what i think is odd lol

Well this is how it works, in certain "modern" Anime "fanservice" is very common unlike the stuff back in the days (80's 90's)

For whatever reason The Japanese thought that adding more "fanservice" materials would be a good thing, Kinda like in games (Im looking at you Hideo Kojima, Curse you and that ugly woman in MGS 5)

if yo uhad more specific things to point out I may be able to comment a bit more on it but thats all I can really say.

ya I understand and I get why its tends to be in harem stuff but I don't get why there is harem stuff with younger characters but i think most of it has to do with me not really having the same cultural background as where they were made.

Part of my problem maybe going off hulu recommendations lol 

Well this is how it works, in certain "modern" Anime "fanservice" is very common unlike the stuff back in the days (80's 90's)

For whatever reason The Japanese thought that adding more "fanservice" materials would be a good thing, Kinda like in games (Im looking at you Hideo Kojima, Curse you and that ugly woman in MGS 5)

I hope you mean 90's and 00's because theres very slim pickings in the 80's and early 90's and the number of genre's between those titles is few. Fan service was done for the otaku as it can be what sells the anime. I do personally see a difference in tasteful and not when it comes to sexually oriented fan service.

ya I understand and I get why its tends to be in harem stuff but I don't get why there is harem stuff with younger characters but i think most of it has to do with me not really having the same cultural background as where they were made.

Part of my problem maybe going off hulu recommendations lol

possibly but there is usually at least one you younger girl/guy when it comes to harm's. The thing is they are most times never really comsided and treated more like a younger sibling than anything else, no matter what that character may be trying to do with/to the main.

I hope you mean 90's and 00's because theres very slim pickings in the 80's and early 90's and the number of genre's between those titles is few. Fan service was done for the otaku as it can be what sells the anime. I do personally see a difference in tasteful and not when it comes to sexually oriented fan service.

The 80 had plenty of good shows ! D: meanie ! and i can only remember like...2 Animes with some "fan service".

The 80 had plenty of good shows ! D: meanie ! and i can only remember like...2 Animes with some "fan service".

Name them? :D;)

Those were the early days of modern anime where it was just finally differentiating itself from us cartoons. The demographic its was aimed at mostly was quite a bit different as well. Mostly quite a bit younger percentage wise. Mid to late 80s it starting shifting a bit into its own. And anime off hand you could say had a bit of fan service back then would have been Dirty Pair. An anime from that time period that truly stands up though is the original macross. It was more mid to late 90s where you classics like bebop come from. Then in ~2007-2008 there was a huge with the shift to HD and full digital production.

possibly but there is usually at least one you younger girl/guy when it comes to harm's. The thing is they are most times never really comsided and treated more like a younger sibling than anything else, no matter what that character may be trying to do with/to the main.

well lets see what i can list off things i have ran across on hulu, Samurai Girls, High School DxD, Kill la Kill, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Samurai Harem, So, I Can't Play H?... yep i think its hulu recommendations that is leading me to these conclusions although they may not be sexual in nature they are seem to have some degree of "fan service" and at least a few of them are harem clearly but also the ages seem to be like first/second year of high school 

Name them? :D;)

Those were the early days of modern anime where it was just finally differentiating itself from us cartoons. The demographic its was aimed at mostly was quite a bit different as well. Mostly quite a bit younger percentage wise. Mid to late 80s it starting shifting a bit into its own. And anime off hand you could say had a bit of fan service back then would have been Dirty Pair. An anime from that time period that truly stands up though is the original macross. It was more mid to late 90s where you classics like bebop come from. Then in ~2007-2008 there was a huge with the shift to HD and full digital production.

Gundam, Gundam Z, Appleseed OVA and Macross  thats 4 of my favorite examples xD

Then there is Dragonball/Z, Dirty Pair, Akira, Armored Trooper Votoms, aaand Saber riders. i know there are more but i cant there names atm.

I think there was a law against Anime in the earlier years like 60´s and 70´s so...it kinda makes sense there was not as many as now.

Gundam, Gundam Z, Appleseed OVA and Macross  thats 4 of my favorite examples xD

Then there is Dragonball/Z, Dirty Pair, Akira, Armored Trooper Votoms, aaand Saber riders. i know there are more but i cant there names atm.

I think there was a law against Anime in the earlier years like 60´s and 70´s so...it kinda makes sense there was not as many as now.

Any time i hear appleseed i think of the 2004 one that i hated the look of lol

well lets see what i can list off things i have ran across on hulu, Samurai Girls, High School DxD, Kill la Kill, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Samurai Harem, So, I Can't Play H?... yep i think its hulu recommendations that is leading me to these conclusions although they may not be sexual in nature they are seem to have some degree of "fan service" and at least a few of them are harem clearly but also the ages seem to be like first/second year of high school

So yea minis kill La kill and potentially mysterious girlfriend x (cause I haven't watched it cause I can't see to get into it) the are indeed fan service anime. Kill La kill has fan service but idk how to explain that exactly. They did it to fit the mold of a specific target audience to give the fans service in a way differnet than your likely assumeing. That type of anime needs transformation scenes (feat. Sailor Moon) and since its directed at the core otaku crowd many of these have fan service but they purposely took it way over the top but then made the character aware of it.

It probably sounds like I'm speaking jibberish at this point doesn't it.

"sniff"

i like it, although Appleseed Ex Machina was better.

Cant wait for the new one, although tbh it looks somewhat bad. atlest Deunan looks old as shit! and its a Prequal...

Gundam, Gundam Z, Appleseed OVA and Macross thats 4 of my favorite examples xD

Appleseed ova kinda meh. I actually own it and compared to the its a manga it doesn't stand on its own too well.

Dragon ball and dragon ball z are quite different entities and you can't actually see they perfectly fit their era's. I still prefer dragon ball as it just more solid and you can see its basis on journey to the west.

I don't think so but remember what was kinda prior to that it took japan a bit to recoups especially with the us there. I have anime that is right around WW2 if not slightly prior and you can really see Disney's influence.

I liked it. Its one of the first well done cg anime projects, oh and the soundtrack *drools*.

Boom Boom Satellites so good.

"sniff"

i like it, although Appleseed Ex Machina was better.

Cant wait for the new one, although tbh it looks somewhat bad. atlest Deunan looks old as shit! and its a Prequal...

I prefer the animation of the first one.

Did you seed the newer series?

So yea minis kill La kill and potentially mysterious girlfriend x (cause I haven't watched it cause I can't see to get into it) the are indeed fan service anime. Kill La kill has fan service but idk how to explain that exactly. They did it to fit the mold of a specific target audience to give the fans service in a way differnet than your likely assumeing. That type of anime needs transformation scenes (feat. Sailor Moon) and since its directed at the core otaku crowd many of these have fan service but they purposely took it way over the top but then made the character aware of it.

It probably sounds like I'm speaking jibberish at this point doesn't it.

I don't think you are necessarily talking gibberish but even in kill la kill outside of transformations the outfits in general tend to be sexualized and bondage referencing,

As for mysterious girlfriend x its kind of odd where a kid gets addicted to a girls drool and has withdrawals when he doesn't have it and a few other random things like drool transmitting feelings lol I really have no idea how i ended up watching that, i think it just started after something else i was watching ended

Seed newer series?

See the newer series. I'm on my phone cause I'm supposed to be sleeping, sorry. I think its like Appleseed XVIII or something like that.

See the newer series. I'm on my phone cause I'm supposed to be sleeping, sorry. I think its like Appleseed XVIII or something like that.

Oh..no i didn't know i only knew about Appleseed Alpha (the so called Prequall that)

Guess ill take a look.

10/10, all good +1

Only complain is that SY, while sexual humor is (lowly, but) funny, don't try to marathon this because 13 episodes of jaja penis is tiring.

There's a lot more than 13 episodes (: But yeah, i know what you mean. It's one of those that you just watch a few at a time. 

@Charger Kill la Kill has some fan service but i feel they do it in a way that suits the show and its type of humour.  

I'm not faulting it for it i thought it was good I was just stating it was there