how to improv mental alertness, reaction, focus.. ?

Fredrikmikael

hey i was wondering if anybody knows of a good way to improv mental alertness, reaction, focus, awareness, mood, productivity.

Is there a good diet, vitamin's, phsyical exercise, fresh air or anything at all.

and what should i avoid? caffein, nicotine, etc.. ?

have felt very sloppy for the last couple of years, give up on things very easily and not very productive.

i should note that i am not the most physically active person and eat mostly cheap junk food, but that's mostly because i have lived for myself for 1year because of school, with a low income.

i am moving back home in 2weeks (Can't fucking wait!!) and i have already started to improve the quality of my life, i stopped smoking 1month ago(smoked for 3years) and started taking long walks, i'm starting to work in 2months and getting my driver's license and i want to change the state of my mind. i am a big WoW and CS:GO gamer and i want to drasticly improve my skills. before i got sloppy i was quite decent in CS1.6, CSS, and WoW. but right about the time i begun to get sloppy my skill and effort dropped.

probably TMI but it is what it is..

i also read this post about modafinil http://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/18fktq/my_experience_with_modafinil/

which pushed me to make this post.
Sidenote: not looking for drugs! x)

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT /*

Found these articles:

http://www.wikihow.com/Be-More-Mentally-Aware

http://www.danielbranch.com/how-to-improve-mental-alertness/

*/

Edited by Fredrikmikael

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

Interesting post. I would personally go with exercise, healthy food and a shit ton of water. Water is literally magical when you drink a good amount.  

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

eat healthy sleep well 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

Interesting post. I would personally go with exercise, healthy food and a shit ton of water. Water is literally magical when you drink a good amount.  

Alot of water can be bad for you 

Well I dont know if I can say much, but I can tell what I being doing for a while.

Well first is eat healthier and have more meals during the day(if u plan on losing wait)more meals doesnt mean more food, but makes you eat smaller portions during the day, and doesnt pack you in fat to turn in food when u stay too long without eating.

Unfortunatly I dont have diet to pass or tell you about, because im not into one, and dont plan on doing any time soon, until I get a doctor to make it for me to make the best for my needs.

Also do exercise lift some weights and do some walking or jogging, it helps improve your endurance, and makes you feel great after that workout lifting weights( at least on my case i feel great, I use weight lifting for release of stress from University)

Dont smoke ( i quit it about a year ago, after about 7-8 years smoking)

if you plan on drinking alcohol drink responsible and dont think about drinking until u pass out or to the point that getting up the next day is like getting up after being run over by a semi.

also about water, although is like the best thing ever, dont over consume, i think if you drink around the range of 3 quarts to a galon you should be fine, but if you only drink about 1 quart or lesss that is very bad, and can cause dehydration. ( I dont drink 3 quarts every day, some days i do, but some I dont, but i do drink around 2.5 quarts a day in average)

Well also try to get 8 hrs of sleep that helps too.

I used to be a 250lbs(113kg) 5'11"(180cm) I didnt lose much weight from a 250 went down to 225(102kg) but lost size around the belly and pants sizes drop from a number 40US to a 36US.

What im telling u is from personal experience, and what I have achieve in a range of a year, and Im happy with the results, but I still trying to reach lowers numbers than what u see now.

Also if you plan on vitamins and stuff like it(supplementation), maybe also check for a doctor, because that can be dangerous if not taken in the right way, it can be done without a doctor, but has to be very careful(I being doing without the doctor, had no problems, and hope not to have any). Also I started doing when I was already working out and being a nice and better meal plan for 8 months. (I got into that, to get lean mass)

Good luck for you man and I hope it helps. And good luck when you get back home, and hope you start to feel well soon.

btw I work out in the morning, so when I get to class im still pump from the nice a long work out, and fresh shower. Helps me concentrate a lot. (sorry for my English)

Everyday Rig: CPU: Intel i7 3930k (stock), Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Advance Edition, Ram: 32Gb 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance, Storage: 128Gb Samsung 830, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX Noctua F12 iPPC 2000RPM and Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM, Windows 10 Pro, Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 80Gold, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Keyboard: Corsair K65 Cherry Red,  Mouse: Razer Mamba TE

Find two really smart people.  Male and Female.  Have them mate.  Wait like 10 years.  Voila, smart kid with superior focus.

Aside from that, maybe we can find a way to do neural engineering to augment our capabilities.  Personally, I want more working memory.  Ever tried juggling several concepts in your mind and reaching a... limit?  The edge at which you start to lose details as you add others?

Clearly a fantastic area for upgrade.  Sometimes, the logic in my mind is perfectly fine... but if I only had more capacity to juggle more concepts at a time.

I am tired of mortal constraints.  I want to ascend to something more.  I was born too early in human history, but it could be worse, I could have been born before the internet.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Caffeine + lots of sleep 

there was a coffee/caffein research in 2010 that showed that coffee only brought you back to normal from caffein withdraw, so if you're not a regular coffee drinker that doesnt do jack. rather, quitting with caffein will give you a boost :)

and too much sleep will make you feel sloppy and drowsy troughout the day, the right sleep amount depends from person to person, but it's usually 7-9hours of sleep.

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

Relax. Be like water. Eat less crap. Exercise regularly. Have something to focus on.

Be like water. <-- Go with the flow. Stress plays a big part in your health.

Eat well, sleep well and drink water.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

You seem to be on a good way. Be true to your self. For your own safety, mind the extremes.